Most sites are somewhat underwhelmed by the Z10. I realize there are a lot of Blackberry haters out there but some of the sites I trust aren't too high on the phone (Engadget, The Verge). I am still going to get one, but this concerns me a little for the future of Blackberry. Battery life also seems to be a major concern. What are your guys thoughts, is the Z10 everything you hoped it would be? Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing and hope its great (even thought I'm pissed I have to wait two more months) but I can't help but feel a little let down, and maybe that's because there were so many leaks prior to launch.
    01-30-13 10:50 AM
    I never expected them to be high on the Z10. They expect it to be an iPhone. If it doesn't operate the same way the seems to be their benchmarking standard, it must be horrible. This platform was built for BlackBerry users, not for Apple worshipers... I'm still buying mine the first day I can.
    01-30-13 10:59 AM
    I never expected them to be high on the Z10. They expect it to be an iPhone. If it doesn't operate the same way the seems to be their benchmarking standard, it must be horrible. This platform was built for BlackBerry users, not for Apple worshipers... I'm still buying mine the first day I can.
    I disagree, it wasn't just built for Blackberry users, it was built for people to switch from iOS and Android as RIM needs people to jump to Blackberry instead of just catering to their current user base.
    Qaxl likes this.
    01-30-13 11:01 AM
    Mobilesyrup was also underwhelmed by the Z10, Called it a must have phone for BB faithful but didn't feel there was anything compelling for Android or iPhone users. Also felt many of the apps were buggy or lacking features vs the same apps for the other platforms. Found it performed worse in the Benchmarks as well.

I don't know what to think at this point.
    01-30-13 11:04 AM
    Mobilesyrup was also underwhelmed by the Z10, Called it a must have phone for BB faithful but didn't feel there was anything compelling for Android or iPhone users. Also felt many of the apps were buggy or lacking features vs the same apps for the other platforms. Found it performed worse in the Benchmarks as well.

I don't know what to think at this point.
    Mobilesyrup has a editor which i shall not name which is a Fan boy of Apple. This has been seen many times in his reviews / post.
    01-30-13 11:15 AM
    I disagree, it wasn't just built for Blackberry users, it was built for people to switch from iOS and Android as RIM needs people to jump to Blackberry instead of just catering to their current user base.
    We can agreee to disagree on this one. I see BB10 built for current and former BB users. It brings them in to the modern age of the smartphone. I really don't see the current iOS generations switching to BB10. I see former users that have switched coming back because they miss true communication. Just my opinion...
    01-30-13 11:19 AM
    The only thing that I care about is if its going to have PUSH INSTANT EMAIL... Does anyone know the answer to this??
    01-30-13 11:23 AM
    The only thing that I care about is if its going to have PUSH INSTANT EMAIL... Does anyone know the answer to this??
    There is no push email, contacts, or calendar on the BlackBerry Z10 except for Microsoft Exchange accounts. No push Gmail, no push Yahoo � email is checked every 15 minutes by default, and you can make this interval longer but not shorter.

Every review I've read so far has pretty much been "Meh, it's OK I guess." I was pretty much set on replacing my Curve 8330 with a Z10 in March but now I don't know. I'll probably wait and see what happens after a couple of months.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    01-30-13 11:24 AM
    Just saw a review on one of the top german newspapers online. There where pretty satisfied regarding the software, said it is average hardware but good. But they also said that the battery live was pretty bad over the days. If they hadn�t had a spare battery, it would�t make a work day through.
    01-30-13 11:27 AM
    There is no push email, contacts, or calendar on the BlackBerry Z10 except for Microsoft Exchange accounts. No push Gmail, no push Yahoo — email is checked every 15 minutes by default, and you can make this interval longer but not shorter.

Every review I've read so far has pretty much been "Meh, it's OK I guess." I was pretty much set on replacing my Curve 8330 with a Z10 in March but now I don't know. I'll probably wait and see what happens after a couple of months.
    01-30-13 11:27 AM
    Thats what I thought...I'm really bummed.... I just hope my 9930 Lasts forever or until bb stops supporting it...
    01-30-13 11:31 AM
    IDK, honestly I am SUPER excited! I absolutely love what this phone can do.

Americans are so fixated with the Apple products, that they will smash Blackberry without even looking at the phone first.
    01-30-13 11:37 AM
    Did anybody see anything about a voice activated type siri thing, I heard it was rumored.
    01-30-13 11:40 AM
    A few of the reviews have mentioned VIKI which is their version of Siri. It's said to work "reasonably well".
    01-30-13 11:49 AM
    There's one thing I don't understand...

These are the same tech sites that were singing the BB10 tune in full force before launch. They had seen them, and they had used them and they were praising them! Almost every single blog/tech site out there were giving (albeit surprisingly) rave early reviews. Everyone was super surprised how quickly tech sites' perceptions had changed and then...BOOM, they attack. I'm dumbfounded.

What happened after the launch? :s
    01-30-13 11:50 AM
    IDK, honestly I am SUPER excited! I absolutely love what this phone can do.

Americans are so fixated with the Apple products, that they will smash Blackberry without even looking at the phone first.
    Only because we actually have Apple products to play with. 'Want to impress us? Sell us some hardware.
    01-30-13 11:52 AM

These are the same tech sites that were singing the BB10 tune in full force before launch. They had seen them, and they had used them and they were praising them! Almost every single blog/tech site out there were giving (albeit surprisingly) rave early reviews. Everyone was super surprised how quickly tech sites' perceptions had changed and then...BOOM, they attack. I'm dumbfounded.

I think that many thought there was going to be more than what the leaks showed what the Z10 could do. We basically got shown what we've been seeing in the leaks for months. I for one am underwhelmed by the camera and think the low light pictures stink. Also I think that battery life must be pretty bad to see that there are this many sites claiming that it won't last a full day. Then there is also the app argument in that I think many people thought there would be a much broader selection of apps than there is at the moment. Obviously that will change, but people want things now rather than later.
    01-30-13 11:55 AM
    I still dont think Blackberry has given a good reason to iPhone/Android users why they should switch. I still think it comes down mostly to the apps. If the way people switch between open apps and gestures were that important to people, everybody would be using a Palm Pre.
    Rainforrest likes this.
    01-30-13 11:56 AM
    I think the main problem is that reviewers were expecting a "finished" OS.

That's simply impossible. Blackberry has gone a great job of getting BB10 finished and bug-free, but it will never be as complete or bug-free as an OS that has been on the market for a while.

That, and give it time. It could be that they are still wrapping their heads around it, and it'll grow on them.

Blackberry has never been a flashy OS. The reason why we love our BBs are the little things, the things that would never show up in a list of specs but make it much nicer to use.
    01-30-13 11:57 AM

It's not that they're attacking RIM, I mean BlackBerry, it's just that they're able to give a review of the finished product. All the other comments were based on pre-release devices and people expected things to change for the final release.
    01-30-13 12:05 PM
    the Zed10 does leave things to be desired though. i cant wait to get mine but i am going to miss little things like custom profiles fully functional bedside mode. They did an amazing job building a platform from the ground up but that's the problem its the new guy in a would full of guys that have been around and back its gonna take a little bit of time to mature
    01-30-13 12:08 PM
    I gotta say I was hyped up and ready to go and order one today. Now that I find out I have to wait two months and reading the reviews I am having second thoughts.

Guess I will wait and see what happens over the two months and see what is coming out from other platforms and then decide.
    kenorian likes this.
    01-30-13 12:12 PM
    I don't know if I'm going to get one. I want my email arriving quicker than every 15 minutes.
    01-30-13 12:13 PM
    I think that many thought there was going to be more than what the leaks showed what the Z10 could do. We basically got shown what we've been seeing in the leaks for months. I for one am underwhelmed by the camera and think the low light pictures stink. Also I think that battery life must be pretty bad to see that there are this many sites claiming that it won't last a full day. Then there is also the app argument in that I think many people thought there would be a much broader selection of apps than there is at the moment. Obviously that will change, but people want things now rather than later.
    I agree. I also think too much was leaked and while I do think the phone is going to be very good useful intuitive one, the only one's that are/would be disappointed (well not really, but more underwhelmed) are the people like us, CrackBerry addicts and tech sites.

I think for the average user with a good marketing push this device can sell. Why? because what they saw today is probably ALL NEW to them...the flow, peak, skype, hub, time shift, etc.
    On the other hand, we've been seeing it for months now and we already passed the hype stage.
    01-30-13 12:15 PM
    Or perhaps its the exact opposite; that is, review sites/tech sites were all talking about the leaks that had been showing up all over the place and then, upon watching the actual press announcement, saw nary a word of the stuff that impressed them. Gaming sites for example praised the device for its gaming abilities including the ability for BT gamepad pairing - barely mentioned on stage. In terms of apps, if you blinked - which any fan of Dr. Who knows you shouldn't do - you would have missed which apps they had on board. Honestly, that was the quickest "we have apps" segment I have ever seen. And considering that has been the Achilles heel of Blackberry products, it is somewhat surprising that more wasn't done to show what's there and, more importantly, show them working on an actual device. Basically, I think that review sites were hoping to see a little more stuff then what was shown on stage; the fact that many of the features of the phone, i.e,. memory size, battery life, signal strength for voice calls, etc., were not mentioned caused their enthusiasm to be dialed down. I think there is still support amongst reviewers and amongst consumers - but it is much more cautious now compared to four hours ago. Given the short time period, this can only be attributed to the lackluster launch event.
    01-30-13 12:21 PM
55 123