Some issues with my z10, thinking about returning it
A quick resume of issues during 3 days of ownership:
1. First Z10 overheated and was burning hot good for my hands on a cold day but disconcerting and a major drain on battery life - died after 3 hours after full charge. Solution - phone replaced no repeat issue.
2. Can't upload my contacts from my existing bold 9780 tried everything and no joy. Having to carry around 2 phones at moment old Bold and new z10 not practical. No resolution still tried blue tooth, saving to media card, BBerry link software all do not facilitate. Solution - none found.
3. No sync with Outlook. This is really cheesing me off as it could have resolved issue 2 at a stroke and allowed me to deal with synching my Calendar And notes. Solution - none found.
4. Phone freeze - have experienced this 2 times so far in 3 days : i) phone froze and wouldn't allow me to the end a call. The call stayed live for 2 mins until I removed the battery ii) keyboard wouldn't retract when viewing a picture.
5. The magnifying glass function when correcting individual letters in a word is poor compared to others I have used (iPad) no I don't have an iPhone and am not an Apple devotee.
6. No push email - 15 mins is too long! I love my bold for this and this is a major black mark - No solution
7. Interference with BT Home hub - as noted by other users this is a major issue and affects all of my devices running wifi but only when the Z10 is in WiFi mode. I now only use Z10 in 3G mode at home - No solution
No push email!
No contacts and calendar sync!
Making a call and functionality within the call menu is not good!
Unfortunately I will be returning my Z10 and going retrograde for a Bold 9900 - fingers crossed for the Q10. I use my BBerry as a work tool I receive 3 separate business emails and the Z10 doesn't improve my current mobile experience. Web, music and the rest are nice to have but if it doesn't perform the above elements then as a prerequisite of being a phone and email/PDA then for me it's a deal breaker.
I love my bold and as you will note am staying with BBerry and sincerely hope the issues raised can be resolved, I'd be back with the z10 in a flash but until then I can't sacrifice my work efficiency.
I have never written on a forum before but felt compelled to write about my personal experiences of the new Z10 and hope that you found them informative but please try the phone for yourself and make up your own mind it is a good device and I'll miss it but the above issues are non negotiables for me and I'm amazed they've been consciously dropped by BBerry
- 02-08-13, 06:22 PM #2
I really doubt you tried even bluetoothing the contacts from the 9900 to the Z10.
You also need to understand the OS is BRAND NEW. The phone will freeze. It did not take Rome 1 day to built everything. It took Apple 6 years to be the way it is. Same with Android...
Anyways your choice but you are making a huge mistake taking it back. Also why post a new topid about this when there is another few of them already made? We need modes to start moving the threads again..
Excuse me but you're wrong it has limited push only with Gmail and another plus only stores the last 30 days max email both ow hitch are worse than my existing Bold.
You can't make a fresh call to a new number not listed in the Calls menu that displays missed calls - fact.
You would know this if you actually owned a z10
- 02-08-13, 06:31 PM #4
It has active sync which has push emails. This has been made clear by millions & even Crackberry & Blackberry said it. Actually you can. Open the call option, press " Dial pad" & you are done. Also you can choice from " All or Missed"
Mods please move this thread into one of the existing ones. Its a waste of a thread if other ones have been made already..
- 02-08-13, 06:43 PM #5
Go post it in the 1000other threads. Something tells me you have an alternate motive. Sadly, the mods have been dead silent to obvious trolling such as this.
Oh, and you claim that this phone has no push but yet I get my emails on here as soon as someone sends them...hmmm...
- 02-08-13, 06:47 PM #6
seriously knock it off. He expressed an opinion about some issues. Either help him with solutions to his issues of move along. Its crazy around here with a completely new platform and everyones knowledge is less than the previous platform.
- 02-08-13, 06:49 PM #7
- 02-08-13, 06:49 PM #8
And if you researched you would realize that Gmail has changed some of its capabilities for personal users.....please go research and stop making uninformed threads there are many other threads like this that you could have contributed to
- 02-08-13, 06:51 PM #10
make a thread for users who are just whining and want to return the Z10. Anyone with legitimate calls for help is free to make a thread and people will answer.
- 02-08-13, 06:56 PM #12
WAIT this is the same exact thing others say as well :/... Oh my i guess mods can do w.e because they have the power. Not to be rude but if you guys can not see it how we see it, that means something is wrong. I do not see any other site doing this. they just put them together into 1 or 2 to have them all together to not have to much of them same exact topic as you said.
anyways do what you want. Do not close down threads then that are about the same thing as this is. Have a good day.
anyways back on topic. Push email is on the Z10. You can make calls right from the call button from fresh. If you fail to see this, not our problem.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-08-13, 06:59 PM #14
- 383 Posts
- the tail on the donkey....
- 02-08-13, 07:03 PM #18
Anyways if you think we are trolls & bullies because we are saying the truth, the i guess Blackberry reps are bullies & trolls for saying the same? Hmm..
- 02-08-13, 07:06 PM #22
- 02-08-13, 07:07 PM #23
- By James Falconer in forum Older BlackBerrysReplies: 26Last Post: 04-21-15, 03:04 PM
- By KellenC in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 05-20-09, 10:07 PM
- By qvx91977 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 3Last Post: 03-13-08, 09:45 AM
- By brawls in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 7Last Post: 02-26-08, 11:01 PM
- By naviwilliams in forum Other PlatformsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-23-07, 11:10 AM