Over the past month or so, I've noticed a couple of issues with my Z10. They're livable but a bit of a nuisance. My Z10 is a STL100-4 running on 10.2.1.2122 with Verizon.

- Only my photos won't sync from my phone to computer via BB Link. I can still move them manually but it would be easier if it could sync.
    - My phone doesn't rotate, whether it's trying to watch YouTube videos, viewing pages on the browser or trying to take photos it won't rotate. Rotation lock is definitely not on and I've tried to turn on rotate lock and turn it off, turn it on and restart and turn it off, etc, but none of that has worked.
    - My phone is constantly restarting at times. It could be me accidentally bumping it very lightly or just sitting there doing nothing. Between my boyfriend and I we have 3 different Z10 batteries, I've tried them and all have the same issue. I've also done the paper in the battery door trick which worked for awhile, but most recently it doesn't help.
    - My Wi-Fi signal tends to be really weak or has problems connecting with public/free wi-fi. I could be struggling to stay on a network while my boyfriend is sitting next to me with his Z10 having no problems whatsoever. NFC also no longer works on my device.

Is there any way I could fix these issues without doing a full security wipe/reset to factory settings?
    If I were to do a full security wipe and restore my phones data via Link would the same problems occur?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    07-01-14 03:46 PM
    Sounds like you need to just start over

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 03:52 PM
    I've had a couple of those and security wipe didn't help either
    I'd suggest you load up the latest 10.2.1 OS with the help of an autoloader, perform a security wipe and do not restore anything but copy everything manually
    As usual, don't forget the "always backup your device" advice

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-01-14 03:53 PM
    If it should ever happen again. Double-check with Blackberry Virtual Expert for issues (rotation etc.)
    Sending a report through the program will have a lasting effect, although an OS update (leak-maybe) would be easier haha, and it would work.
    07-03-14 03:52 PM
    Go to settings and then security or look for the option that takes you to delete all data. It will ask you twype "Blacberry" to confirm security wipe
    07-05-14 01:06 PM
    So I'm back here and finally found the solution to most of my problems (minus syncing my files). All I had to do was take out the SIM card and SD card and put them back in my device. After that my device has been fine, it even helped with the constant restarts as well! It confuses me that's why it happened, but at least it was a very simple solution.

Again, thanks for everyone's help!
    07-14-14 11:41 AM
    So I'm back here and finally found the solution to most of my problems (minus syncing my files). All I had to do was take out the SIM card and SD card and put them back in my device. After that my device has been fine, it even helped with the constant restarts as well! It confuses me that's why it happened, but at least it was a very simple solution.

Again, thanks for everyone's help!
    Interesting. I recently had to remove my SD card to "calm" my phone down. In the end -- despite reformatting -- I had to replace the card.
    07-14-14 01:21 PM