Long press on the pic? It doesn't seem to save them. I'll keep playing around; thanks!
    Open the pic attached, once it's opened you get the usual options in the overflow menu including "save as" and I was wrong, you can save it directly in the folder you want.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 12:44 PM
    In all fairness and as a Z10 owner and photographer myself, any camera in the hands of the right person can produce amazing photos. However, I do have to agree with a lot of the reviews that say the Z10 camera isn't very good in lowlight. Comparing it to my Galaxy SII and my sister's iPhone, the Z10's photos have significantly more high ISO noise and loss of detail in low light (probably from in camera noise reduction). That doesn't mean you can't get fantastic shots with it, it just means they will be noisier and not as clean and sharp as some other phones under the same lighting conditions... which personally doesn't bother me one bit. If I wanted the perfect shot, I'll use my DSLR anyways.

The photos in this post are great and show how to use the "shortcomings" of the Z10's camera to your advantage. Namely, the increased noise is perfect for B&W processing and gives the photos a more lo-fi appearance and film-like grain. For these photos, the imperfections actually add to the impact of the photos. For sharp, clean, colour photos in low light... not so much.
    02-18-13 12:51 PM
    Just wondering, what part of the inferior photo quality of the Z10 made her jealous?
    Assuming you looked at the photo essay... I upgraded to the Z10 from an iPhone 4S and tested the difference in low light. In my experience, if you use the phones to just aim and click, the iPhone beats the Z10, by my eye. I wasn't aware of the ability to move focus to improve aperture until I saw this link. Also, of note, is a comment by the photographer:

Tip: All mobile cameras suck in low light. It�s more about how you use them. After a day or so with the Blackberry Z10 I can honestly say I dig it. Give me some apps and it�s the first phone I could realistically see taking the place of the iPhone as my mobile shooter.
    02-18-13 01:41 PM
    Saw a blog post of a guy showing off his awesome pics using the z10

http://jtinseoul.wordpress.com/2013/...lackberry-z10/
    Nice photos.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 01:44 PM
    I didnt particularly find the photos to be so great. The photos are good for z10 standards maybe. Are we really having to apply some sort of filter to every photo just to improve photo quality?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    I guess only SLR camera will make great photos. I do not think that any phone takes great photos. Phone is convenient and it can take Facebook like good photos but that is it.

Posted via CB10
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-18-13 01:46 PM
    Just wondering, what part of the inferior photo quality of the Z10 made her jealous?
    Why do you always have to be such a troll. But sure let me list.

Better focusing.
    With iPhone you tap on what you focus, which is not always precise, with Z10 you drag the focus on the object you want to focus on. Which is a huge advantage if you are into Bokeh. The camera also seems to have a better depth of field. Might be just my eye.
    Colours and Saturation
    iPhone might be closer to life-ish, but a little bit of yellow never hurt any picture. What it does is makes everything a tiny bit more warmer, and more saturated. While iPhone prefers more blue - which means more colder, cleaner look, Z10 offers warmth and saturation. It's a matter of preference, but in my book i vote Yellow vs Blue. It'll also make amazing pictures during the summer, making the greens, in particular, really stand out. The faces also look more natural opposite to iPhones blue skin.
    Shooting Modes and Processing
    Sorry but Z10 wins here hands down, unless you want to invest in photo processing apps (and why on earth would you, when you can buy lightroom for that money), Z10offers more options and more flexibility built in.
    Low Light
    Well, it is an enigma to me why this is even a point of so many discussions, but what the ****. Z10 performs well in low light, contrary to what Gizmodo tells you, and in parallel to the linked blog author. If you don't know how to operate a camera in low light, it's really not the cameras fault. It can be compared to newbie DSLR user complaining that the camera doesn't perform well after everything was set to manual. Learn how to use it, it's not rocket science.
    I found that the only situation when Z10 camera is inferior to iPhone 5, is in pitch black. And seriously how often do you take pictures at night without using flash?

That about sums it up, does this answer your question?
    02-18-13 02:46 PM
    Yes, very nice shots. Reminds me of my time in Toronto. Shows you what someone who knows how to use real cameras can do with the Z10. The black and white is cool.
    As has been pointed out in another thread, it seems the Z10 light metering is pretty much a spot meter so you have to be careful where you have the focus set. I would guess if you happen to focus on a bright area you will see much of the rest of the photos too dark. A lot of this can be corrected with a photo editing software though. I find touching up the Gamma, which brightens dark areas and tones down bright areas, to be very useful. Will be doing a comparison with my economy digital SLR when I get the phone.
    02-18-13 03:42 PM
    Why do you always have to be such a troll. But sure let me list.

Better focusing.
    With iPhone you tap on what you focus, which is not always precise, with Z10 you drag the focus on the object you want to focus on. Which is a huge advantage if you are into Bokeh. The camera also seems to have a better depth of field. Might be just my eye.
    Colours and Saturation
    iPhone might be closer to life-ish, but a little bit of yellow never hurt any picture. What it does is makes everything a tiny bit more warmer, and more saturated. While iPhone prefers more blue - which means more colder, cleaner look, Z10 offers warmth and saturation. It's a matter of preference, but in my book i vote Yellow vs Blue. It'll also make amazing pictures during the summer, making the greens, in particular, really stand out. The faces also look more natural opposite to iPhones blue skin.
    Shooting Modes and Processing
    Sorry but Z10 wins here hands down, unless you want to invest in photo processing apps (and why on earth would you, when you can buy lightroom for that money), Z10offers more options and more flexibility built in.
    Low Light
    Well, it is an enigma to me why this is even a point of so many discussions, but what the ****. Z10 performs well in low light, contrary to what Gizmodo tells you, and in parallel to the linked blog author. If you don't know how to operate a camera in low light, it's really not the cameras fault. It can be compared to newbie DSLR user complaining that the camera doesn't perform well after everything was set to manual. Learn how to use it, it's not rocket science.
    I found that the only situation when Z10 camera is inferior to iPhone 5, is in pitch black. And seriously how often do you take pictures at night without using flash?

That about sums it up, does this answer your question?
    Well since you opened with a nice pleasantry, why do you always have to be such an apologetic, ignorant fanboy?

Ok, now that that's out of the way...

Better focusing - Not a chance. Tap to focus not only works better for me, but I'm able to hold a focus point while moving the camera. There are also dozens of apps that allow drag focus, as well as different focus and exposure points. Choice > no choice.

Colours and Saturation - your preference, I disagree. Plus it's all adjustable.

Shooting Modes and Processing - if free apps cost too much for you, then I've got nothing. I'll take choice over none any day.

Low light - no contest. Setting an exposure point doesn't make up for grainy pictures. If you think the z10 has anything on SGS3 or iPhone in this category, then you must have cataracts.

Overall photo quality, the iPhone 5 has won in EVERY comparison I've seen. Making up silly excuses and fringe cases where you think BB10 is better does not make it so. Every review says the camera is good, but not as good as much of the competition. Unless you're saying that every reviewer is using it wrong...
    02-18-13 03:59 PM
    Well since you opened with a nice pleasantry, why do you always have to be such an apologetic, ignorant fanboy?

Ok, now that that's out of the way...

Better focusing - Not a chance. Tap to focus not only works better for me, but I'm able to hold a focus point while moving the camera. There are also dozens of apps that allow drag focus, as well as different focus and exposure points. Choice > no choice.

Colours and Saturation - your preference, I disagree. Plus it's all adjustable.

Shooting Modes and Processing - if free apps cost too much for you, then I've got nothing. I'll take choice over none any day.

Low light - no contest. Setting an exposure point doesn't make up for grainy pictures. If you think the z10 has anything on SGS3 or iPhone in this category, then you must have cataracts.

Overall photo quality, the iPhone 5 has won in EVERY comparison I've seen. Making up silly excuses and fringe cases where you think BB10 is better does not make it so. Every review says the camera is good, but not as good as much of the competition. Unless you're saying that every reviewer is using it wrong...
    You just shot yourself in the foot with that comment. Apps, adjustment, preference blah blah blah. Low light is the only point valid, and to be honest Z10 is not as bad as most reviewers describe, it is decent. And low light images are much rarer in day to day use, than lets say shots with the source of light being just outside the frame.

I don't know much about the reviews you read, but you can always refer to the pictures linked to this post. And to the opinion of the photographer who took them. You are writing in this post after all. Not that difficult.
    02-18-13 05:05 PM
    You just shot yourself in the foot with that comment. Apps, adjustment, preference blah blah blah. Low light is the only point valid, and to be honest Z10 is not as bad as most reviewers describe, it is decent. And low light images are much rarer in day to day use, than lets say shots with the source of light being just outside the frame.

I don't know much about the reviews you read, but you can always refer to the pictures linked to this post. And to the opinion of the photographer who took them. You are writing in this post after all. Not that difficult.
    If you prefer static options over choice, then that's just sadly apologetic.
    I see no comparison photos at all in this author's post either. I only see Z10 pictures, so what exactly am I supposed to be looking at?

Nowhere did I say the Z10 camera was bad, only that it's inferior compared to the other top tier smartphones. There is LOTS of evidence of that.
    02-18-13 05:11 PM
    If you prefer static options over choice, then that's just sadly apologetic.
    I see no comparison photos at all in this author's post either. I only see Z10 pictures, so what exactly am I supposed to be looking at?

Nowhere did I say the Z10 camera was bad, only that it's inferior compared to the other top tier smartphones. There is LOTS of evidence of that.
    Bring it then.
    02-18-13 05:25 PM
    Bring it then.
    Bring what? Do your own legwork. Google Blackberry z10 review. Look for camera comparisons. They all come to the same conclusion. Heck, even Crackberry's own review said the camera wasn't equivalent to the competition.
    02-18-13 05:28 PM
    Bring what? Do your own legwork. Google Blackberry z10 review. Look for camera comparisons. They all come to the same conclusion. Heck, even Crackberry's own review said the camera wasn't equivalent to the competition.
    Since you made the argument it's you who is supposed to make the legwork, or put a sock in it.
    SDTRMG and Justthecrack like this.
    02-18-13 05:29 PM
    Since you made the argument it's you who is supposed to make the legwork, or put a sock in it.
    Ignore. There have been numerous outside comparisons done, even by "fanboys" of the other products that admitted the Z10 camera to be either on par or better than the others outside of the Nokias. Those threads here aren't hard to find here at all. As for the low light without flash, it seems to be more a user problem than the camera. All devices do not have to work the same way. As for having to download apps (free or not) as opposed to just using something baked in, that seems to be kinda silly to argue over.

My 2 cents.
    sydsam and HollyWOOD1906 like this.
    02-18-13 06:18 PM
    if you want to make a phone call use a phone...if you want to take a pic use a camera.....the op's pics are good,impressive even but as others have said any kind of photo device in the hands of the talented will produce half decent pics...its what you see in your mind and composition that matters not what's in your hand IMO
    its the jockey not the horse as me nan used to say.... but again, good pics and props
    02-18-13 06:35 PM
    Those photos definitely answer any qualms I had about about Z10 camera quality. It works great.

I've seen good light, outdoor comparison shots taken with the leading smart phones and the Z10 ones always look "cleaner" to my eye.
    02-18-13 06:51 PM
    Find me a photographer that doesn't use some type of processing program to process their images. In these photos I converted them to black and white and added a little contrast and that was about it. It's not as much about improving image quality as it is about making images reflect a certain aesthetic.
    That's not the point. The point is the camera quite honestly is inadequate and it is still evident by the black and white processing. If I took the same photos in the same spot with my 1 year and half old galaxy note, the images would have been nearly twice as good with the same processing.

It's obvious that no phone is as good as an slr (to those who are confused by my statement), but it's definitely not even near the best phone cameras on the market. It's sad to see a supposedly high end phone with a camera like that. This especially considering how late in the game this device is releasing with essentially a whole new generation of devices with better cameras literally right around the corner in next week's mwc.

02-18-13 11:58 PM
    That's not the point. The point is the camera quite honestly is inadequate and it is still evident by the black and white processing. If I took the same photos in the same spot with my 1 year and half old galaxy note, the images would have been nearly twice as good with the same processing.

It's obvious that no phone is as good as an slr (to those who are confused by my statement), but it's definitely not even near the best phone cameras on the market. It's sad to see a supposedly high end phone with a camera like that. This especially considering how late in the game this device is releasing with essentially a whole new generation of devices with better cameras literally right around the corner in next week's mwc.

This "Inadequate" camera seems to take better bictures than the iphone 5 for this guy.

http://www.todaysiphone.com/2013/02/...mera-shootout/

Fot the night shots I'm pretty sure he didn't enable the night mode

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 01:22 AM
43 12