Saw a blog post of a guy showing off his awesome pics using the z10

http://jtinseoul.wordpress.com/2013/...lackberry-z10/
    Korepab, trynacu2, zyben and 17 others like this.
    02-18-13 12:46 AM
    Wow he has skill. Some of those photos are fantastic street photography shots
    trynacu2 likes this.
    02-18-13 01:03 AM
    Some fantastic pics!

My favorite line:

I quickly came to the conclusion that 80 percent of the reviews saying the camera sucks in low light are confusing sucking in low light with bad metering.
    LOL
    trynacu2, 11pts, DuexNoir and 2 others like this.
    02-18-13 01:10 AM
    BlackBerry need to get a pro photographer for their keep moving projects to really show how good the camera is. Instead of letting amateurs take shots and then say it's ****.
    trynacu2 and SDTRMG like this.
    02-18-13 01:16 AM
    Those pictures are awesome. We need more examples like these to prove that the Z10 camera is not at all bad. It's in fact quite good.

"Tip: All mobile cameras suck in low light. It’s more about how you use them. After a day or so with the Blackberry Z10 I can honestly say I dig it. Give me some apps and it’s the first phone I could realistically see taking the place of the iPhone as my mobile shooter."

Like this line...for a knowledgeable photographer saying that the Z10's camera is basically on par with the iPhone is a big deal.

One sad that I notice on the forum sometimes is that positive (and correct) threads like these are hardly noticed or get good view counts so that it shows up on the main page. Instead, terrible and often false posts get too much attention and gets bumped to the main page where a lot of "passersby" can see and get ill-formed impressions. We should ignore those other threads and give threads like these more attention.

Also, share that guys blog on Twitter and show the Z10's awesome photography ability!! Debunk those incorrect impressions.
    02-18-13 01:32 AM
    These are some excellent photos and taken in low light even.
    I will be spreading the word for sure.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 03:21 AM
    I'm loving camera on my Z10. My girlfriend who uses her iPhone 5 primarily for taking pictures, was very jealous when we did side by side shot comparison. Yesterday she played with the keyboard a little bit, and a little later asked: "How much can you think we can get for an iPhone 5 if we sell now?" This is coming from an iPhone fan, who lives and breathes Instagram and WhatsApp messaging.
    I talked her out of it, until Instagram and WhatsApp are available on Z10, but to get this sort of response from her was amazing.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 04:38 AM
    I'm loving camera on my Z10. My girlfriend who uses her iPhone 5 primarily for taking pictures, was very jealous when we did side by side shot comparison. Yesterday she played with the keyboard a little bit, and a little later asked: "How much can you think we can get for an iPhone 5 if we sell now?" This is coming from an iPhone fan, who lives and breathes Instagram and WhatsApp messaging.
    I talked her out of it, until Instagram and WhatsApp are available on Z10, but to get this sort of response from her was amazing.

Posted via CB10
    Just wondering, what part of the inferior photo quality of the Z10 made her jealous?
    02-18-13 07:21 AM
    I didnt particularly find the photos to be so great. The photos are good for z10 standards maybe. Are we really having to apply some sort of filter to every photo just to improve photo quality?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    02-18-13 07:47 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    i am pleased with the photos so far on z10 ....
    02-18-13 08:14 AM
    I didnt particularly find the photos to be so great. The photos are good for z10 standards maybe. Are we really having to apply some sort of filter to every photo just to improve photo quality?

For a phone camera the answer is pretty much yes. I'm sure there is room for improvement in the camera software tweaking images. If you want to produce good images taken from any smartphone camera then you will need to apply some filters or edit it afterwards. For point and shoot the image quality is just fine.
    02-18-13 08:38 AM
    Wow! Talk about atmosphere! Clearly, the Z10 camera is capable of making great images with available light.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-18-13 08:52 AM
    Are we really having to apply some sort of filter to every photo just to improve photo quality?
    Isn't that the rage with Instagram?
    02-18-13 08:56 AM
    who woulda thunk it you can make Toronto's subbway stations look clean :s
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-18-13 09:51 AM
    Just wondering, what part of the inferior photo quality of the Z10 made her jealous?
    from the pictures i've taken with mine and the images i've seen comparing Z10 imagest to those from iPhones and Samsungs, i don't get how you can say the Z10 has inferior image quality, the clarity of the images is abotu on par with everythign else and better then some. yeah the iPhone takes so crisp images but so does the Z10, are they better no, are they crap, but you can't tell just from lookign at one image, you need to compare them side by side in order to tell which is better or worse and need to really look at them.
    02-18-13 09:57 AM
    I love the contrast... really great!!!
    02-18-13 10:04 AM
    Loved the vibe.
    02-18-13 11:10 AM
    Is such a snarky remark really necessary? There are ways to relay your thoughts (disagreeable or agreeable) more civilly.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-18-13 11:21 AM
    Thanks for the love. I really appreciate it. I didn't have a whole lot of time to shoot yesterday, but in the small amount of time I had I was quite happy with the results. I honestly had never thought to use a Blackberry for any type of photography until this particular one. I probably wouldn't even have tried it aside from some Canadian pride. I am happy with the phone overall. I rarely, if ever use programs like Instagram to process photos so could care less about them not being included on the Z10. I do miss some of my everyday apps for banking and the like. That being said, it's certainly a nice device!

While I didn't post any color photos, I also like the way it renders color and will post something in color later in the week.

Thanks again!
    02-18-13 12:00 PM
    This may be off topic, but I am having trouble saving pictures that are sent to me in emails. I just can't seem to do it. I want to save them in my "camera roll" and onto my SD card.
    this may be a stupid question, but it's not working for me. Any suggestions?
    02-18-13 12:06 PM

Find me a photographer that doesn't use some type of processing program to process their images. In these photos I converted them to black and white and added a little contrast and that was about it. It's not as much about improving image quality as it is about making images reflect a certain aesthetic.
    bahandi and seanpriest like this.
    02-18-13 12:07 PM
    This may be off topic, but I am having trouble saving pictures that are sent to me in emails. I just can't seem to do it. I want to save them in my "camera roll" and onto my SD card.
    this may be a stupid question, but it's not working for me. Any suggestions?
    First you save them and than you move them where you want.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 12:10 PM
    Long press on the pic? It doesn't seem to save them. I'll keep playing around; thanks!
    02-18-13 12:18 PM
    Those photos are very nice. This has sealed the deal for me and the Z10.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-18-13 12:20 PM
    I'm a keen 'tog' and I reckon that the BB Z10 camera is one of the top performers in the phone camera world
    SDTRMG and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-18-13 12:40 PM
43 12