I have the
    06-26-14 08:03 AM
    I have the same variant, stl 100-1, and i personally think that the paper trick will not work. What i did is i drained the batt till phone shuts down then let it stand by for some minutes then returned it back in the phone and charged it. After some time when the phone boots up, it shows < 8% which means it started off at nearly 0%, then fully charged it up to 100%. Since then my phone shuts down at 0%. Also dont let your phone go down < 20% as i think this counts as a batt cycle where batts have limited number of cycles. If you download some batt apps, you can see how many batt cycles your batt had.

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    06-26-14 08:04 AM
    Hi, I would like to comment regarding your self researched solution, I've had my Blackberry Z10 (STL-100-1) for around 2 months now, and I've encountered the same problem that you had, my phone used to display the fully charged icon at around 91%, although I've never encountered any shutdowns while the battery is at around 30-70%, I believe that only by using the original Blackberry supplied charger will solve the problem. The problem which I had just lasted for around 2 weeks, initially I was quite surprised that the battery would indicate that it has been fully charged although the percentage shows otherwise, but I tried to ignore it, hoping that the hardware would recalibrate itself, which it did, now my battery would fully indicate 100% and the full charge icon will also show up. I believe that tempering with the hardware especially would just make the problem worse, or worse you could damage the battery.
    Well, this worked for me and two other STL100-1 that my friends use. I only have put this info here so that if someone who is at wits end could try this. Because I know I was. Nothing else worked for me.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    06-26-14 08:06 AM
    I've been having the false percentage reading problem off and on and it's quiet irritating.

Will try the paper rout and see what happens

Interestingly the phone readers the voltage level correctly all the time but the charge percentage reading will be off. Wonder why so when the percentage reading should just be a simple calculation off of the voltage reading.

STL100-1 / 10.2.1.3175
    06-26-14 12:52 PM
    Your phone is running on 1%how???????

Posted via CB10
    Don't know the reason but BlackBerry is not looking at our problem except launching new devices...

@dazlr
    06-26-14 09:24 PM
    I'm surprised that although this problem does exist, my STL-100 Z10 has accurately shown the battery level consistently until now, just by leaving it to the hardware to correct itself, it's quite illogical for the same hardware setup to have different sets of problem. The methods that you use here is quite unscientific, not to say that you are wrong, but I believe the Z10 is quite an advanced piece of technology, plus BB10 which is based on QNX, and the chip within the battery should have no problem calibrating itself, on condition that we don't intefere with the calibration process, e.g full drain, multiple restarts, tempering with the hardware etc.. My advice to all the guys who have this problem, just follow the best practice regarding battery care as in the manual and use only BlackBerry charger, my Z10 used to have this problem, I say this because this problem basically solved for me just by following the steps I've mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 11:17 PM
    You cannot drain your battery to 0% (not the 0% indication, but 0% total battery capacity) except if you'll put a resistor on the + and - poles. That means letting your device shuts down on itself is safe and fine, just don't let it sit like that for a very long period of time.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-26-14 11:26 PM
    @ Cycle_wala...bro please help me...
    I had bought a Z10 10 days back and suddenly it sitched off yesterday when battery was 75%...i charged it till 100 but it again got discharged while showing 80%....what should i do?
    you could text me on fb as well...my id is www.fb.com/manish.cuj
    07-14-14 10:33 AM
    Same issue

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:43 AM
    @Koushik: Did u go to service centre?
    07-14-14 11:04 AM
35 12