Features I love about the Z10 are..

Design. It's the right size, not small enough, not big enough, just right. At 4.2 enough screen space to view and read anything, but not big enough you can't handle the phone with one hand. I got a new case and it transforms itself into a stand too. Looks awesome. Feels awesome. Easy to handle. Oh and I don't worry about getting it scratched and stuff. It's just a rugged beast (except for salt water, no contest there). In comparison, with the HTC rounded back, while it looks fantastic, you can't type on the phone with it lying flat on a surface without having it roll.

Buttons. On the outside easy to access in hand and they work like they're supposed to. The HTC buttons were hard to press and there was no play/pause button. The power button is on top in the middle so it's easy to access from the left, right, behind -it's smart positioning. Oh yeah, I can just swipe up of course to wake it up, but just to check the time/date/calender events, then the top button works perfect!

Native Apps. Calender, Reminder, Docs to Go (with HTC One I had to buy an app on Android to use my Excel document for gym workout), are all awesome and easy to use. I got some from BBWorld apps -Max Mobile Security, SoundHound, BX Battery Info, Flashlight, Meme Maker, the Score.. and some games for the nephews in case Angry Birds Space, Saving Yello, and Fly Cargo and Stick Tennis for myself.

Keyboard. I don't need to explain, even non BB smartphone critics give BB credit here as the best experience on the market.

Interchangeable Battery and Storage Increase capabilities. (In case you need it, it's conveniently accessed unlike the HTC One).

Oh yeah. I don't even use BBM. I don't use the corporate side/personal side feature. I don't do BBLink (rather copy files manually when needed). Backup with Cloud on ATT. The HTC One wouldn't allow me to save my contacts list with AT&T, while this phone it does even though they came out about the same time strangely. The only glitch I've come across so far is when I have the music app open and I awake the phone by swiping up, if I don't swipe up all the way and only do it half way, it has frozen a couple times. Not crashed yet and I figured out how to get out of it, but I do keep in mind to swipe up all the way and there is no issue when done that way.

Background Story. I've had several BB phones from the Pearl to the Torch and can't complain about any of them. The latest Pearl actually I really enjoyed because it had the button on top that allowed you to control the music, change the songs and play/pause- how inconvenient huh?! That kinda was a big deal feature to me, along with the unmatched portability. Going forward, I only had the Torch for about 2-3 months before a kayaking trip around Manhattan -salt water destroyed it, but that was just a dumb move and inexperience with being on water on my end. Not a kayaker.

Anyway so seems like everyone is switching to either Android or iOS, including one friend who's a long time Canadian BB user -Dale Shulmistra (http://invenioit.com) who switched to the Galaxy Note II. HTC is advertising their new One all over the place as the best looking phone out there. So I was thinking about trying out an Android phone. It's about 50/50 between the One and the Z10 when I go to my local AT&T store. I have a hard time using the Z10 interface as I totally fail to realize or get the part about touching the BlackBerry logo on the bottom BELOW the screen to get everything into motion and closing apps quickly. I fumble around with it for a couple minutes, before going for the much more prominently displayed HTC One. The phone looks great. The phone's screen is 4.7 and nice. And Hello Android App Market. Sales guy says this phone is way better than the BB don't even think about it. Lets try the Android. I get it.

Everything is coming along fine for first couple of weeks until I'm finding I can't get used to the placement of the power button on the top left hand side (you have to hold it in your palm otherwise it's really awkward, but if you're left handed not sure what's best). I thought it would take some time but man is it annoying just turning the phone on and off. What a pain. Then with this hot looking phone in my hand, oh wait a minute, make that TWO HANDS, because to manage the phone's size you need both hands to use it properly. Okay, well at least the screen looks great and about those apps... I have 4 yr old nephews, so end up getting some nice games like Streaker for example (it's censored for kids don't let the title mislead you). But you can't even buy this game because the Android market has some 90-95% theft of apps that they make most of the games totally saturated and dependent on in app purchases. Luckily I didn't end up with a ridiculous bill at the end of the month with the kids playing with the games. (In contrast I like the lite and full versions that is most prominent in the Apple store, I give them credit there.)

There's another immediate problem, battery life is low, again. Turns out I end up running many many apps at the same time and while that may sound like normal, they are kinda a pain to close and you forget about it. You have to access this one screen with all (9 apps) running that you swipe up 9 times. Anyway, the battery life is not strong enough for such a big screen phone even after I try to reduce power use and get a battery optimization app (that uses up the batter itself). And if I want to watch a video, the particular case I bought with it didn't have any kickstand, so ended up leaning against stuff or using a 3D printed kickstand I made myself at shapeways. Between the fumbling around with the phone, due to the size the awkward placing it down and taking it out of the pants pocket and powering it on I grew frustrated and just sold the thing and got a used Z10 (along with $100) on the trade off, in mint condition. I've had the phone for about 2 weeks now and it's met or exceeded all my expectations and simply the best phone I've had ever. The way everything just works and smart functionality (well after you figure out the BB logo is a key).

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this phone.. a 10. "That's why they call it the Z10" lol Thanks for reading!
    Attached Thumbnails Sold my HTC One- Got the Z10 and I love it!-zjpyzcc.png  
    Last edited by srzjumper; 08-14-13 at 11:02 AM.
    08-12-13 02:39 PM
    Love it. I used a Galaxy Note, an Iphone 4 and a Lumia 920 before stumbling upon the Z10. Glad you like it!
    John Beardsley and divakar like this.
    08-12-13 02:43 PM
    God that's a long post. Didn't read it lol. But congrats and welcome! Lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    divakar and Bowlegz like this.
    08-12-13 02:48 PM
    Yeah, I know lol that's why I gave the short version first. Thanks.
    divakar likes this.
    08-12-13 02:49 PM
    Good decision!
    08-12-13 02:50 PM
    Glad to hear that you're enjoying your Z10. As a recent convert from Android myself, your post reflects many of the same issues that I had with the platform and since switching to the Z10 I haven't looked back. It's an amazing tool that works really well and let's you get stuff done without having to mess around.
    08-12-13 02:53 PM
    I read the whole post and thought it was a cool story about what happens when someone gives the Z10 a chance.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:56 PM
    Welcome. I hope you are enjoying your phone every day. But be prepared as this phone will not make you as productive for a couple of days because it is really fun swiping and exploring this Z10 every minute.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:56 PM
    Read the whole thing lol. Great story and that's too bad to hear about the One lol. But I'm not surprised about your thoughts about the good old zed, it's an amazing phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:57 PM
    10.2 that ish.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:16 PM
    God that's a long post. Didn't read it lol. But congrats and welcome! Lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    LOL!!! I thought that it was just me!
    08-12-13 03:17 PM
    Welcome

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:18 PM
    10.2 that ish.

Posted via CB10
    LOL I was thinking the same thing as I scrolled the thread.

Welcome to the OP, the Z and BB10 is awesome. If you are loving the Z and have some basic tech skills, you will love 10.2. I installed 10.2 for my wife and she is loving it, first day or two put a hurt on battery life while everything restores and you get everything tweaked, but well worth it for me and the wife (she usually doesn't like me wiping her phones and what not).
    08-12-13 05:12 PM
    Your photo reminds me of Dirk Bogarde from "Darling". Meant as a compliment.
    08-12-13 07:18 PM
    What are the cons of going up to 10.2? Some major/minor glitches?

What are the pros of going up to 10.2? If you have an informative link, please provide. Thanks
    08-12-13 08:11 PM
    Welcome.

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper likes this.
    08-12-13 11:07 PM
    Nice reading, thanks for long story and share this experience.
    srzjumper likes this.
    08-12-13 11:10 PM
    Welcome and keep moving with your Z10.

BB10 Leaked/Beta OS
    srzjumper likes this.
    08-13-13 02:58 AM
    Been using my Z10 for a week and it has been fantastic. Switched from the Storm 9860 which I loved as it never failed me. Only complaint I have is that I wish they would have left the contacts alone. The being able to set contacts in categories was great as I use my phone for two business and it was much faster to find contacts in the old system. Other than that it has been one rocking experience so far. Big thanks to everyone on this forum as I have learned tricks and short cuts from here and the battery tips as the battery life is much better...
    08-13-13 04:03 AM
    The challenge to BlackBerry management, get the phone in android and ios users in the US LONG enough for them to realize what the OP did in the end, I know I did coming from android and being a BlackBerry virgin, I know its a hard sell at the store but I hear this same story about people falling in live with the Z over and over again.

I really think and hope the Z30 is going to be an easier sell since that size seems to be the way the market (younger generation) in the US is heading, if you can get BB10 in enough peoples hands i guaruntee it can sell itself, oh and keep improving app selection, that is the only other downfall I can find with this OS.

The Q was great for old BlackBerry users but BlackBerry wasnt picking up any new customers with physical qwerty at the sacrifice of screen space, thats not what the US youth wants right now IMO.

Kinda got sidetracked there but thats my 2cents either way.

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper likes this.
    08-13-13 04:28 AM
    HTC One is all looks...no soul

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper likes this.
    08-13-13 05:23 AM
    About the contacts, totally agree. I kinda didn't notice, now I'm thinking about it, wait a second, you can't put them in categories? That's so unlike BB to do so and to take it away once it was in place? Strange. I'm going to have to investigate this further. Thanks.
    08-13-13 08:40 AM