Hey, I updated my Z10 to 10.2 when it rolled out and my phone has been acting funny since then so I decided to reload the software with BlackBerry link but I have a question cause I never tried it before

Does the phone get wiped? And if it does, do I have to purchase my apps again ( probably not but making sure lol)

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:58 PM
    Your BB World account should retain all your purchases for re-download. All you have to do with this is login with the same ID. As for whether it wipes or not... no idea, I've never tried it from Link, but backup anyway before you start, just to be safe.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-31-13 08:18 PM
    Your BB World account should retain all your purchases for re-download. All you have to do with this is login with the same ID. As for whether it wipes or not... no idea, I've never tried it from Link, but backup anyway before you start, just to be safe.
    Thanks, I backed it up so no problem if it gets wiped.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:22 PM
    It might get wiped, but I'm 100 % sure you won't lose your purchased software

I'd recommend considering a newer leaked 10.2 or even 10.2.1 leak before downgrading to 10.1, you'll lose a lot of handy features if you downgrade. I'm running 10.2.1.575 on my Z10 and I'm totally satisfied with this build.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 and Thesmartmale like this.
    10-31-13 08:34 PM
    It might get wiped, but I'm 100 % sure you won't lose your purchased software

I'd recommend considering a newer leaked 10.2 or even 10.2.1 leak before downgrading to 10.1, you'll lose a lot of handy features if you downgrade. I'm running 10.2.1.575 on my Z10 and I'm totally satisfied with this build.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I wont downgrade to 10.1, I want to reload 10.2 because after I updated, my phone became laggy and stuff like wifi and cellular network gets disconnected for no reason so I'm thinking maybe a reload will help.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:20 AM
    In that case backup your data and try Security Wipe first. You can perform it directly from your phone, it's easier than reloading the whole OS and it might be enough to solve your issues. To perform a Security Wipe go to Settings/Security and Privacy/Security Wipe, enter a word "blackberry" (without quotes) and press "Delete Data"
    Btw it takes quite a long time, so leave your phone on charger for as long as it needs, it will reboot itself once the wipe is done.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-01-13 09:59 AM
    I suggest the 1767 10.2. Some carriers started to push it out. The rest are just leaks.
    11-01-13 10:46 AM
    I suggest the 1767 10.2. Some carriers started to push it out. The rest are just leaks.
    My carrier pushed out 1791.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:49 AM
    Try a Security Wipe first. Os stays the same...gets rid of fragments left behind on initial loading of leak.

Trusted Member Genius
    11-01-13 11:31 AM
    Try a Security Wipe first. Os stays the same...gets rid of fragments left behind on initial loading of leak.

Trusted Member Genius
    Does it take a long time to reload the software ?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:51 AM
    I did a software reload through link and it takes about 45 mins to an hour. You will lose everything that you have added to your device. It resets the phone to the factory settings. Make sure all your contacts and calendar are synced to an email. That way when you set up your email again all your contacts and calender are back. You will lose all your apps, but they will still show in BlackBerry world to re-download and you will not have to pay for them again. Other than that go for it. My device has been been so much better since it did a wipe/reload

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-01-13 12:08 PM
    I did a software reload through link and it takes about 45 mins to an hour. You will lose everything that you have added to your device. It resets the phone to the factory settings. Make sure all your contacts and calendar are synced to an email. That way when you set up your email again all your contacts and calender are back. You will lose all your apps, but they will still show in BlackBerry world to re-download and you will not have to pay for them again. Other than that go for it. My device has been been so much better since it did a wipe/reload

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for all that info, I hope mine gets better too.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 02:05 PM