Get a new phone with a new pin, I'm sure him seeing this thread has made him go even harder.
    12-04-14 01:52 PM
    Valuable lesson learned I have over 200 pins. From him today I'm just going to ignore him I mean what else can I do! Find a new online identity and stay away from sharing my pin oh well thanks guys "peace out"

#back2black #Q10
    Best course if it continues, would be to contact your carrier, who should transfer you to BlackBerry. If proven to be harassing you, they can shutdown services through NOC. No BBM, no pin2pin.
    mrfreeze and thatplaybookguy like this.
    12-04-14 01:53 PM
    We really don't need anymore screenshots.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    12-04-14 02:56 PM
    I used to get scam messages about winning a car through pin messages, do a google search as you would be surprised how many people pin drop online. Were you using candid by any chance and left it on there? If they use their pin on other sites online then google will help. Otherwise I would call Blackberry themselves and report the pin. A few things will happen, the first being their device will be rendered null and void and unable for them to use it again. 2. Blackberry takes abuse pretty seriously and may in conjunction with you seek out charges to be laid against the person. 3. Cyber bullying/Harassment is no joking matter. This person is a Stalker and should be treated as such. 4. If BB can't help, go to your local police or RCMP (if you are Canadian) detachment and inform them f the transgression that is ongoing. I am sure the sender will not like the Mounties beating on their doors. Hope this helps point you in the right direction to get this resolved.
    BigBadWulf and Mic_JP like this.
    12-04-14 03:09 PM
    I have a question. If he changes the device but he keeps using the same BBID, won't it be easy for the guy who is harassing him to keep on doing it?

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    12-04-14 10:46 PM
    No. It's pin to pin. Not BBM. The pin is hard-coded to the device.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-04-14 11:15 PM
    Forgive my ignorance...how does this work?

I thought that the benefit of BB and BBM is that you can ignore unwanted messages, I understand this is not a BBM thing but why cant a PIN message like this be blocked? What is a PIN message?
    12-05-14 04:44 PM
    Forgive my ignorance...how does this work?

I thought that the benefit of BB and BBM is that you can ignore unwanted messages, I understand this is not a BBM thing but why cant a PIN message like this be blocked? What is a PIN message?
    Ok. Every BlackBerry device has a chip with a hard-coded PIN on it. You can send direct Pin to Pin messages, that's why in my opinion you want to keep that as secure as possible and not randomly share it with the world.

BBM is a more advanced messaging system that uses the PIN or email address (now) to connect. Once you connect it doesn't use the PIN anymore and you are connected a contact.

I have no answer as to why you can't block PIN to PIN messages, but you can't. More than likely because you can't block it through BlackBerry's system, because it's only local to the device(s). You would think there would be a way locally to at least ignore a specific PIN, but there is not.

Hopefully that makes it clear enough.
    stealthbob likes this.
    12-05-14 04:58 PM
    I have blocked PIN Messages directly in the Hub since 10.1.x - especially those "send-to-random-pins-messages" where I have won a Car or similar Spam.

Long pressing the Message or the Number works for me.

Via CB10 App. STL100-2 @ 10.3.1 Beta
    12-06-14 06:12 AM
    Ok so what is the underlying need for PIN messages..other than the nefarious ones?

I recall getting messages from Blackberry, is this how the notifications come through from the apps?
    12-06-14 08:30 AM
    I have blocked PIN Messages directly in the Hub since 10.1.x - especially those "send-to-random-pins-messages" where I have won a Car or similar Spam.

Long pressing the Message or the Number works for me.

Via CB10 App. STL100-2 @ 10.3.1 Beta
    I did not know that you could do it this way...

STL100-4 OS10.2.1.2976
    12-06-14 06:58 PM
    Ok so what is the underlying need for PIN messages..other than the nefarious ones?

I recall getting messages from Blackberry, is this how the notifications come through from the apps?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943216

Posted via CB10
    stealthbob likes this.
    12-06-14 10:44 PM
37 12