Already a 10.3.2 and still on 10.2.1 might pretty much leave blackberry this is just ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:14 AM
    If you wish to update your device to OS 10.3.1 before it becomes approved by your carrier you can easily do so via Sachesi (for an over-the-air style update) or via an autoloader (if you use this method, ensure that you make a backup using BlackBerry Link beforehand as it will erase the data on your device).

If you are using a BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-3) on AT&T, you can use this autoloader to upgrade your device to Software Release 10.3.1.1877 (OS 10.3.1.2726).
    04-27-15 07:35 AM
    Rumor going around is that AT&T is waiting on 10.3.2. I wouldn't have believed it, except that they did the same with 10.2. They skipped 10.2 - never releasing that update - and waited for 10.2.1.

So, in the process, they are keeping their customers who stick with the carrier for their updates vulnerable to the browser Freak attack.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:57 AM
    I've got ATT, and I've been getting notices to update for a week or two now. I'm assuming that this notice is from ATT, but perhaps it is not.

I just posted a question on how to shut off the notice, if I don't want to update yet, so I've got a different problem, but if not ATT, who is sending me the notice to update, and why many months after the official release? It is the same notice I got long ago to update to 10.2, that I assumed was an ATT notification.
    04-27-15 10:40 AM
    I've got ATT, and I've been getting notices to update for a week or two now. I'm assuming that this notice is from ATT, but perhaps it is not.

I just posted a question on how to shut off the notice, if I don't want to update yet, so I've got a different problem, but if not ATT, who is sending me the notice to update, and why many months after the official release? It is the same notice I got long ago to update to 10.2, that I assumed was an ATT notification.
    Factory unlocked devices get updates from BlackBerry I believe.
    And you should update, since the latest version patches some security flaws.
    04-27-15 10:50 AM
    I was trying to keep hope alive, been with BlackBerry since about an year after they started making phones.. I just recently bought an android powered phone, was against this for years. But honestly it isn't much of an difference, I still own my BlackBerry as an secondary device, never thought I'd be saying that. My love affair has officially ended, blackberry is now the side chick lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:50 AM
    Rumor going around is that AT&T is waiting on 10.3.2. I wouldn't have believed it, except that they did the same with 10.2. They skipped 10.2 - never releasing that update - and waited for 10.2.1.

So, in the process, they are keeping their customers who stick with the carrier for their updates vulnerable to the browser Freak attack.

Posted via CB10
    They let their customers fend for themselves with updates. Wait if you want. Your choice.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-27-15 11:32 AM
    Yea I got a lumia 1020 but might get the 640 when it comes to att still like z10 but just a disappointment not getting updates after 3 new phones been released already

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 11:32 AM
    They let their customers fend for themselves with updates. Wait if you want. Your choice.
    Some do seem to prefer to wait. Not me though. I never have.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 11:51 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I have an unlocked att z10 I'm using with t-mobile and still stuck on 10.2 since my computer is down so can't use an autoloader. **** sucks!

Posted via CB10. BBM: 2AB10FD3
    04-27-15 04:19 PM
    Moving to another device will not give you more updates. If you chose to do nothing then you get nothing, while the rest of use find the way to update our phones.
    04-27-15 08:50 PM
    But only if you have an unlocked phone,right?
    05-02-15 03:52 PM
    But only if you have an unlocked phone,right?
    No. You can update any Z10 yourself. Unlocked/locked notwithstanding. Again (yes a repeat) those with unbranded phones will get the OTA from BBerry. My unbranded Z10 did. Those with branded phones have to wait for the carrier to which it is branded (as I am wiht my T-mo branded Z10). Locked or unlocked doesn't matter for OTA or DIY.
    05-03-15 08:26 AM
    Yes, AT&T makes us wait forever. I wouldn't mind if they at least communicated that they were in the process of testing or something so we knew it was on their to do list! I waited for the OTA 10.2.1, but will likely DIY for 10.3

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:21 PM
    I don't understand the hesitation to update to 10.3.1. Especially if you have a GSM Z10. All you do is download SACHESI, plug in the Z10, shut Link off, put in your device password on SACHESI and click search. SACHESI automatically finds the latest official OS for the device connected and you just hit download then install. It is sooo simple.

I now have unlocked devices, but when I was on Verizon I would never install a leak, but realized it is exactly the same as an OTA from your carrier and an official release and decided to install SACHESI and see how comfortable I was. The Rogers OS automatically showed as update available and I hit download then install. Done. Completely non-destructive just like OTA. Just do it!

Funny because my dad just got home from a bike trip and his iPhone is somewhere on the highway so thought it would be a great time to update him to 10.3.1 since he was obsessed with Siri. Now he loves the BlackBerry Assistant as it shows more and does more. I also threw the Snap bar I had on the laptop on his Z10 after the update as he said "I can only use my apps on the iPhone". He now has his Google Voice app working perfectly and loves it. Like he just got a new phone.

This is so simple and non-destructive as well as an official release... not a leak! Hopefully I'll see my sister soon to upgrade her Verizon Z30. She'll love Blend along with all of the other goodies!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe that carriers in the US will skip 10.3.1 and go for 10.3.2, here's why:

New smartphones sold in California will need to have a kill switch feature starting in July. Devices already on the market have to be updated to include one unless it is not possible to do so. The feature must be persistent even if the device is wiped.

The changes to BlackBerry Protect plus the blacklisting of older BB10 versions help bring BB10 devices into compliance with the law, allowing them to continue to be sold in California. Furthermore it wouldn't be unreasonable to see other states pass laws modeled after California's.

Carriers like to test OS versions before releasing them to the customers. They likely do not wish to test and release 10.3.1 only to need to test and release 10.3.2 in a couple months. Why would they waste the time and money?

Just a theory but it makes sense. In the meantime, just upgrade it on your own if it bothers you.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:53 AM
    Kill switch law only effects phones sold July 1, 2015 (or perhaps manufactured) and later. Not retroactive.
    05-04-15 10:14 AM
    My hesitancy to upload is simply this:

It's too time-consuming to keep track of each OS release to know which is the best to update to, and I don't trust anyone's testing more than my carrier when it comes to radio updates.

I'm not at all intimidated by the procedure, and would do it if I knew for certain that there was someone who would take responsibility if I have any problems.

Even a 1% risk that I'd end up with a project on my hands to fix my phone isn't worth it for what I see as "nice to have" new features.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 10:40 AM
    Kill switch law only effects phones sold July 1, 2015 (or perhaps manufactured) and later. Not retroactive.
    True, but even so, carriers want to roll out as few updates as possible to reduce support requests. If I knew I was going to test and deploy a new OS for new phones issued after July 1, then I would have an incentive to update existing customers to that version, so that hypothesis is quite plausible.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    05-04-15 10:52 AM
    They don't have to pull phones that they already manufactured out of their boxes and update them, but unless BlackBerry plans to just stop manufacturing everything they currently sell, they will have to ship new devices with an OS that supports a proper kill switch feature. Because it is possible to update and blacklist earlier OS versions to ensure that the kill switch is persistent, BB10 handsets do not qualify for an exemption.

From the text of the law at http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...a9f6d2debcbab5

"(3)*Any smartphone model that was first introduced prior to January 1, 2015, that cannot reasonably be reengineered to support the manufacturer�s or operating system provider�s technological solution, including if the hardware or software cannot support a retroactive update, is not subject to the requirements of this section."

Again, the point here is that US carriers here insist on spending time and money testing an OS before approving it for release to their customers to make sure it works properly on their network. They aren't going to want to test 10.3.1 AND 10.3.2, but they are going to need 10.3.2 to keep selling devices to Californians unless they plan on selling what they have in stock and dropping BlackBerry. The logical solution is to skip the non-compliant OS, go straight to the compliant one and roll it out for everyone. Carriers want to spend the minimal amount of time and money on that sort of thing, especially where BlackBerry is concerned.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 11:27 AM
    It's also worth noting that they have to upgrade all of their support procedures and documentation, as well as internal training programs in some cases. I know that invites sarcastic comments about the quality of support, but the reality is that every troubleshooting procedure is documented with screen shots on their CS systems, ESPECIALLY for the low volume phones for which it doesn't make good business sense to overly train their staff.

The fewer updates they push, the easier it is to support. They don't care if we do it ourselves, as that doesn't cost them anything.
    Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    05-04-15 01:24 PM
    Moving to another device will not give you more updates. If you chose to do nothing then you get nothing, while the rest of use find the way to update our phones.
    ^^^^^ THIS! Especially Android.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.500
    05-04-15 03:34 PM
    Specs comparisons,which is the phone to own.The moto x 1st gen.or the z10?
    05-04-15 07:26 PM
    My hesitancy to upload is simply this:

It's too time-consuming to keep track of each OS release to know which is the best to update to, and I don't trust anyone's testing more than my carrier when it comes to radio updates.

I'm not at all intimidated by the procedure, and would do it if I knew for certain that there was someone who would take responsibility if I have any problems.

Even a 1% risk that I'd end up with a project on my hands to fix my phone isn't worth it for what I see as "nice to have" new features.

Posted via CB10
    My father's Verizon Z10 was still on 10.2.1 so it wasn't a matter of finding the latest leak. It was just getting him on the official 10.3.1 for his device. I could care less about leaks and never loaded one. Back when I had a Verizon Z10 I could not wait any longer and did a non-destructive update to 10.2.1. SACHESI automatically finds the latest official OS and from there you just hit download then install and done.

I know you said you aren't intimidated by the procedure which makes sense as the non-destructive update is an official OS and really easy to install. No country codes needed. It's not about chasing the latest OS or leak either. With my dad still on 10.2.1 and the official 10.3.1 being out for months, it was an easy decision to do. He runs a business and has so much on his device that non-destructive was the only way. Everything works great and loves his "new" Z10.

This was a huge upgrade, not just chasing every latest release for a few features. As for the 1% fail... I did do a full backup with Link and worst case scenario I wasted my time and would simply reload and restore from Link and he'd be back to where I first started. The only risk I see is time consumption. The only thing that I did after the update was deleted a few Rogers apps.

SACHESI automatically found the official OS from Rogers for the connected Z10. I trust that an official OS released by BlackBerry and tested by Rogers would be just as well, if not better, than Verizon or AT&T testing it. Again, this was from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1. Basically handed my dad back a brand new device with so much more after he gave it to me 2 hours prior.

I do not use autoloaders and do not install leaks, but way back when I was on Verizon I did a non-destructive update for myself to 10.2.1 as it was released for months before Verizon even bothered with it. SACHESI will give you the latest official OS for the device that is connected and tested, and in my case tested by Rogers and will not give you a leaked OS (unless you specify, otherwise both times I received the official OS from Rogers in Canada).

From here, I won't be loading any other updates to my dad's Z10 and when Verizon finally pushes it out he will get a small update and go from there.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 12:10 AM
    Thanks for all of the helpful information. I'm not frustrated waiting for AT&T at the moment but if I decide I want to use the features in 10.3.1, I won't hesitate to update my phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:30 AM
56 123