How does this work? Alternative to leaks ?
    06-25-13 04:11 PM
    stick it in and if Tmobile has a higher release it should then detect it and download. You will need to be on wifi though
    06-25-13 04:16 PM
    Put the Tmo sim in the device and see if it gives an update notification!
    06-25-13 04:17 PM
    Is that really all there is to it?? Omg... why deal with leaks if we can just borrow someone's sim card? really, I'm asking.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:18 PM
    because leaks are generally higher than whats out there anyway.
    06-25-13 04:27 PM
    Is that really all there is to it?? Omg... why deal with leaks if we can just borrow someone's sim card? really, I'm asking.

Posted via CB10
    The phone has to be unlocked first. Another person confirmed this on CB (link below), so i got my Z10 unlocked then borrowed a Tmobile sim card to update to 10.1

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8636699
    06-25-13 04:38 PM
    Oh Yeah, Im still locked. Guess Ill wait till the 1st when update suppost to hit from att?
    06-25-13 05:09 PM
    Put the Tmo sim in the device and see if it gives an update notification!
    Does it have to be a sim card from a z10 or from any t-mo device?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 01:20 AM
    Does it have to be a sim card from a z10 or from any t-mo device?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, Just a Tmo sim card (doesn't matter which device the sim was in...could even be a new sim card as well)
    06-26-13 01:34 AM
    Oh Yeah, Im still locked. Guess Ill wait till the 1st when update suppost to hit from att?
    Yeah, unlocking the device is required (which is costly, depending on where you choose to unlock your device but comes in handy if you travel etc) You can wait for the official or a leak is just as good...just run a search and read the comments/changes that other users are reporting!
    06-26-13 01:36 AM
    Yeah, unlocking the device is required (which is costly, depending on where you choose to unlock your device but comes in handy if you travel etc) You can wait for the official or a leak is just as good...just run a search and read the comments/changes that other users are reporting!
    What's the easiest way to get a t mobile sim card? Don't know anyone in my social circle using them.

Can I just buy one from T-Mobile for $10 online? Does it have to be activated?

Also, how is the t mobile version of 10.1? Good? Stable? Thanks for the free education and feedback guys.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 07:28 PM
    You can ask someone kindly to lend you their sim? Other than that, you can purchase one (not sure the price). Buying one would seem the best bet if you really want an "official" update.

Not sure how the tmo .2006 update is, so I can't say for sure. I'm running older version .273 and I'm happy with it. Getting 10.1 should be your primary goal as it's a decent update from 10.0 bringing much valuable e.g.
    HDR option, app compatibility (skype for instance), improved editing circle etc..

Other than that, you can install one of the leak OS. There are many threads with instructions and feedback from users who have gone that route. It's up to you. Let us know if you wish to go that way and surely someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction!
    Last edited by Cap_172R; 06-26-13 at 07:52 PM.
    06-26-13 07:37 PM
    What's the easiest way to get a t mobile sim card? Don't know anyone in my social circle using them.

Also, how is the t mobile version of 10.1? Good? Stable? Thanks for the free education and feedback guys.

Posted via CB10
    After i got my Z10 unlocked, i drove up to my local mall and stopped by one of those small prepaid sim card stores and nicely asked the guy if he had a tmobile sim card. He did and let me plug it in, i then proceeded to ask if i could buy it and he said i could have it for free. T-mobile's 10.1 release is very stable, no reboots (didn't have any earlier though) and the battery consumption is conservative as well. I'd recommend you buy a Canadian sim card from eBay i.e. a Rogers or Telus sim card so you can update to 10.1 now and 10.2 when it comes out in the fall. AT&T will take atleast a few years to release 10.2 so a Canadian sim card is the best way to future proof your update strategy. Don't forget to unlock your z10 first before any of the above.
    06-26-13 07:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because the updates, often times, contain carrier specific updates and can cause your phone to act like a heaping pile of poo if not being used on the intended carrier. Leaks however come without any carrier additions and are mainly the base OS. FTR, I'm strongly against advising people to load another carriers OS but no one listens. *shrug*
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    06-26-13 07:53 PM

Posted via CB10

Once you purchase it, it should be activated. You can give Customer service a call and enquire about their services and terms/conditions. I think you should go with the leak...would be easier, or wait for your carrier to launch their official update.
    06-26-13 07:56 PM
    The reason I got a tmobile sim is because I have proof from other users it works without problem. Plus we are supposed to be able to call att and get an unlock code for free.......???

5 more days and the unicorn is said to arive on the first so im busy now and might wait.
    06-26-13 09:19 PM
    Because the updates, often times, contain carrier specific updates and can cause your phone to act like a heaping pile of poo if not being used on the intended carrier. Leaks however come without any carrier additions and are mainly the base OS. FTR, I'm strongly against advising people to load another carriers OS but no one listens. *shrug*
    Ok. I'm listening. You for sure know better than I. But if something changes that won't possibly turn my phone to poo you let me know!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:36 PM
    But for a leak I have to backup my phone and wipe it in the process right? I don't want to take that risk.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:19 PM
    But for a leak I have to backup my phone and wipe it in the process right? I don't want to take that risk.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...10-1-a-799444/
    06-26-13 10:50 PM