Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
Like Tree15Likes
  1. theegoldenone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,279 Posts
    PIN
    CHED myself. My still alive!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default So how is the browser?

    Just curious as I await the March release from AT&T. Thanks in advance.
  2. BlackistheBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    783 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Awesome !
    Superfastttttttttttttttt !!!
    Thanked by 2:
    jesse_h (02-05-2013),  theegoldenone (02-05-2013) 
    jesse_h and M.Rizk like this.
  3. DX9
    DX9 is offline
    DX9's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    754 Posts
    Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Definitely like the browser. Coming from the SGS3 I am very impressed.
    Thanked by 3:
    jesse_h (02-05-2013),  rav813 (02-06-2013),  theegoldenone (02-05-2013) 
    jesse_h, rav813, M.Rizk and 1 others like this.
  4. alex8120's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I have it set on desktop mode so I don't get mobile versions, but it is either on or off, unlike android where you can pick if you want individual sites in desktop view, that's not a problem though, biggest problem is double thumb tap doesn't zoom in enough to read text so I have to pinch, the z10 OS is meant to be one handed, but like this it is not. Browser is fast and smooth but you lose all of your open tabs if it becomes the dreaded 9th app!
    So as with a lot of things on bb10, 90% brilliant, need an update to sort out the other 10% but I'm sure it's coming
    Thanked by:
    theegoldenone (02-05-2013) 
    M.Rizk likes this.
  5. theegoldenone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,279 Posts
    PIN
    CHED myself. My still alive!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex8120 View Post
    I have it set on desktop mode so I don't get mobile versions, but it is either on or off, unlike android where you can pick if you want individual sites in desktop view, that's not a problem though, biggest problem is double thumb tap doesn't zoom in enough to read text so I have to pinch, the z10 OS is meant to be one handed, but like this it is not. Browser is fast and smooth but you lose all of your open tabs if it becomes the dreaded 9th app!
    So as with a lot of things on bb10, 90% brilliant, need an update to sort out the other 10% but I'm sure it's coming
    Hopefully they'll "correct" the 9th app situation.
  6. kfh227's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,300 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,310 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex8120 View Post
    I have it set on desktop mode so I don't get mobile versions, but it is either on or off, unlike android where you can pick if you want individual sites in desktop view, that's not a problem though, biggest problem is double thumb tap doesn't zoom in enough to read text so I have to pinch, the z10 OS is meant to be one handed, but like this it is not. Browser is fast and smooth but you lose all of your open tabs if it becomes the dreaded 9th app!
    So as with a lot of things on bb10, 90% brilliant, need an update to sort out the other 10% but I'm sure it's coming
    I'm guessing as moels come out in the future, the 8 open app thing will increase as system memory increases.
  7. HKain7's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default Re: So how is the browser?

    I read somewhere you can turn on a setting that opens previous tabs when you open the browser even if it had shut down.
  8. Playbookjoe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    210 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theegoldenone View Post
    Hopefully they'll "correct" the 9th app situation.
    My thoughts are that they will have to figure out a way to tombstone an app without infringing on patents.
  9. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKain7 View Post
    I read somewhere you can turn on a setting that opens previous tabs when you open the browser even if it had shut down.
    That is correct. If you go into the settings, you set the browser to either show your homepage (bookmarks and history by default, or a specific page) or to open the tabs you last had open in it. Whichever works for you.

    Personally I'm really liking the new browser. It's fast, it handles just about anything I've thrown at it, and yeah.... It rocks pretty hard. You absolutely won't be disappointed. As I recall, Java is off by default, but the performance isn't impacted at all by having it on in my experience. It's silky smoothe, very responsive, will totally do what you want.
  10. felberry83's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    128 Posts
    #10  

    Default So how is the browser?

    what about data usage? does it eat too much Mb?
  11. geoffsdad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,687 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I would like to see more Browser competitions, especially with page rendering!
    Thanked by:
    Gunzo (02-05-2013) 
  12. kifac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    209 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Haven't tryd loading big pages but so far it's the fastest I have ever seen on a phone.
  13. Dimitri.69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kifac View Post
    Haven't tryd loading big pages but so far it's the fastest I have ever seen on a phone.
    AGREED!. Tested this with my sisters iPhone 5 & my buddies Note 2. Faster then both!
  14. 416to604's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    590 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    the browser is super fast. it loaded some pages in the blink of an eye. LTE FTW
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    M.Rizk likes this.
  15. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felberry83 View Post
    what about data usage? does it eat too much Mb?
    That will depend on what you do with your browser really.

    Like I've said a bunch of times, the whole 'blackberry compresses all the data' stuff was wishful thinking and has been for a long time. Regular web pages, even java heavy ones don't use a lot of data, and don't on any platform. The things that use a lot of data are video and audio, and BIS never could compress those.

    Your data usage now will not be noticably higher than you are are used to it being with the same amount of usage.
  16. nademon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    106 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    just got mine today. I have to say the browser is every bit as fast as people have reported

    Oh, and I'm in love with this Z10!!
  17. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    70,475 Posts
    Global Posts
    70,630 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    That sounds great. For me the browser IS the biggest part.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    M.Rizk likes this.
  18. balth's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    90 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    The browser is fast, but i cant login to crackberry (or more accurately the mobile nations login page hangs) and i cant find an option to enable text reflow.
  19. DaNii1985's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    331 Posts
    PIN
    Why would you like to add 26 years old guy?
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex8120 View Post
    I have it set on desktop mode so I don't get mobile versions, but it is either on or off, unlike android where you can pick if you want individual sites in desktop view, that's not a problem though, biggest problem is double thumb tap doesn't zoom in enough to read text so I have to pinch, the z10 OS is meant to be one handed, but like this it is not. Browser is fast and smooth but you lose all of your open tabs if it becomes the dreaded 9th app!
    So as with a lot of things on bb10, 90% brilliant, need an update to sort out the other 10% but I'm sure it's coming
    I don't know how accurate this double thumb tap works on other platforms but talking about reading web pages have you tried 'reader' option on Z10? I have never seen anything on any mobile before, one handed reading with the option of increasing or decreasing text size. I do think thats better than other platform browsers' ability of double thumb tapping.
    Nokia 3310> Nokia 8210> Nokia 1110> Nokia 7610> Nokia N95> iPhone 3G> Nokia N900> Blackberry 9700> Blackberry 9900 White> Blackberry Z10

    I believed in Blackberry Z10 and now a proud owner of it

    For all those people who try to talk about how good their phone or OS is, listen, if they were so 'amazing' then I would have left BB long ago and CB would be dead by now. Point is not that I believe I made the best choice among all available phones but I made a choice which serves me best!!!
    z1nsane likes this.
  20. M.Rizk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    794 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    That sounds great. For me the browser IS the biggest part.
    Same here, I can say the Browser is one of the major reasons I am dropping my iHell device.
  21. M.Rizk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    794 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaNii1985 View Post
    I don't know how accurate this double thumb tap works on other platforms but talking about reading web pages have you tried 'reader' option on Z10? I have never seen anything on any mobile before, one handed reading with the option of increasing or decreasing text size. I do think thats better than other platform browsers' ability of double thumb tapping.
    Reader Mode is really great! I loved it!
  22. DaNii1985's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    331 Posts
    PIN
    Why would you like to add 26 years old guy?
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.Rizk View Post
    Reader Mode is really great! I loved it!
    Feelings are mutual here my friend
    Nokia 3310> Nokia 8210> Nokia 1110> Nokia 7610> Nokia N95> iPhone 3G> Nokia N900> Blackberry 9700> Blackberry 9900 White> Blackberry Z10

    I believed in Blackberry Z10 and now a proud owner of it

    For all those people who try to talk about how good their phone or OS is, listen, if they were so 'amazing' then I would have left BB long ago and CB would be dead by now. Point is not that I believe I made the best choice among all available phones but I made a choice which serves me best!!!
    M.Rizk likes this.
  23. theegoldenone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,279 Posts
    PIN
    CHED myself. My still alive!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

    Default

    Thank you all the your input. Looks like BlackBerry really did their homework. Can't wait to hear from others about the browser performance.
  24. Frosty_Power's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    It's awesome so far....super fast and beautiful screen.
    7230>7780>8700>8100>8300>9000>8900>9700>9800>9860> 9900>Z10>Q10<Z30
    Currently a new BB Passport, the best phone I've ever had hands down.(Said that about my Z30 too!)
    Several iPhones, Androids, and WP in between.
    M.Rizk likes this.
  25. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    70,475 Posts
    Global Posts
    70,630 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by balth View Post
    The browser is fast, but i cant login to crackberry (or more accurately the mobile nations login page hangs) and i cant find an option to enable text reflow.
    I get that sometimes on my pb. Sometimes after it just sits there and does nothing I will open my favorite for CB and I'm logged in.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Seriously, how is the browser?
    By garment69 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM
  2. Tour problems - So How is the Bold?
    By joe917 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 08:59 AM
  3. So....how's the Browser???
    By BB_Hunter in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 01:06 PM
  4. So how is the Verizon service in Chicagoland?
    By CFD323 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 08:07 AM
  5. Honestly, how is the browser now (esp on Voda UK)?
    By nickcoffer in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 12:25 PM

Posting Permissions