Considering this happens to some people and not to many others, and you didn't drop it... I lean towards a defective batch(es). These are all mass produced so if the coating wasn't properly mixed or applied properly then all those phones in that batch would have that issue. For me, if their is just the tiniest scratch or imperfection than that is all I would notice.
    04-09-13 05:52 PM
    I left my phone on my guitar case to charge, yes stupid, and pulled the guitar and my phone went literally flying through the room. No scratch or anything. Lucky for sure. But I must admit when I first took it out of it's box, from my carrier, I noticed a very slight unevenness between the top bezel and the top of the phone. Plus the random screen marks covered in many threads here on cb

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:52 PM
    Yeah, this was definitely discussed in a thread that begun on April 1st. I too experienced this issue but on the top portion of my phone and even posted pics. Never dropped. Been in a case since day 1. Ah well. I guess something would have happened to it eventually. Can't keep this baby perfect forever. Lol
    So "chipping" can happen on the Z10 edges?-img-20130116-00784-1-_edit.jpg
    So "chipping" can happen on the Z10 edges?-img-20130116-00783-1-_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:55 PM
    It's like the new car syndrome. Once you get that first dent, you will get over it shortly and move on without worrying about any little imperfection.

I got my z10 for free from work so that helps me not care as much lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:58 PM
    Lucky!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:59 PM
    Yeah, this was definitely discussed in a thread that begun on April 1st. I too experienced this issue but on the top portion of my phone and even posted pics. Never dropped. Been in a case since day 1. Ah well. I guess something would have happened to it eventually. Can't keep this baby perfect forever. Lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130116-00784(1)_edit.jpg 
Views:	784 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	149750
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130116-00783(1)_edit.jpg 
Views:	781 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	149751

Posted via CB10
    That is huge compared to mine. And since the others even dropped theirs and not a single scratch, I would assume my unit came from those not-properly-coated batches.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:09 PM
    Hey April, first off ignore any idiotic responses! As I posted in a previous thread of someones post about the same mysterious chipping, my original Z10 had chipping start on top left corner near the screen from day one. Three days old and never left my mostly carpeted apt. it seemed to worsen a bit. So it can be a defect. I took mine back for a replacement. Others have mentioned it and there must be be a slight issue with some Z10's paint / coating. This one I have now fell onto the tile *ouch, then a closed bottle of wine tipped over right on top of it lol. No scratches yet. I do have two cases now though!
    04-09-13 06:16 PM
    Yes. Mine had chipping on the top right. Seems like the white coating is flaking off.

Noticed it almost immediately. In my case likely from when it fell off my couch to my hardwood floor.

Oddly enough, the phone got launched across a bar as I was taking a pic and that funny enough didn't damage the phone at all.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-09-13 06:24 PM
    It's like the new car syndrome. Once you get that first dent, you will get over it shortly and move on without worrying about any little imperfection.

I got my z10 for free from work so that helps me not care as much lol.

Posted via CB10
    So did I!!!!!! This will hold me over until I can get my personal account upgrade. June is so far away.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-09-13 06:26 PM
    Be thankful at least it doesn't look my brothers iphone. Not very drop resistant...ouch. As was mentioned someone else had chipping problem unless someone else dropped it when you were out of the room and forgot to tell you.
    So "chipping" can happen on the Z10 edges?-img_00000149.jpg

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 06:36 PM
    Hey April, first off ignore any idiotic responses! As I posted in a previous thread of someones post about the same mysterious chipping, my original Z10 had chipping start on top left corner near the screen from day one. Three days old and never left my mostly carpeted apt. it seemed to worsen a bit. So it can be a defect. I took mine back for a replacement. Others have mentioned it and there must be be a slight issue with some Z10's paint / coating. This one I have now fell onto the tile *ouch, then a closed bottle of wine tipped over right on top of it lol. No scratches yet. I do have two cases now though!
    I guess the edges are the weakest points for this issue. I can't be bothered to give it back. I think I've already convinced myself that my Z10 now has character . I just hope it doesn't spread throughout the rest of the edges coz that would make me really sad.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:37 PM
    I don't use case either, and did drop my phone badly on road. My earphones got stuck in the door and yanked the phone outta my hand. Got a bad chip at the bottom left corner. I, though, am a follower of aforementioned character philosophy..)...
    One thing I have noticed that I have not dropped it even once, other than having it yanked outta my hand, because of that grippy material for black one....

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:00 PM
    If you were so concerned about maintaining the condition of your Z10 you should have purchased a skin or case. I put my new Z10 in a skin and screen protector the DAY I received it! I'm just anal retentive like that when I first got my hands on the new Z10. It is so sleek and functional.....my IPhone buddies wont' admit it, but they are lusting after my phone....

I have added a 64gb card, the battery can be replace, T-Mobile unlocked the phone for me, I have an unlimited plan WAY cheaper than my Sprint and Att buds, AND the phone is faster and a lot more versatile than the IPhone!

The screen protector and case, increases the re-sale value when and if I want to upgrade to another Blackberry...

Check out the DBrand line of skins. The will cover the messy looking scratches on your Z10 and give it an even hotter look!

dbrand inc.
    04-09-13 07:14 PM
    Beat up and I mean beat up looking 9810's still go for around 200 bucks on ebay.
    04-09-13 07:18 PM
    doesn't look like a chip to me. Looks more like wear.
    04-09-13 07:21 PM
    I would also like phantom skinz but I don't think it's available here in the UK. Unless of course I'm misinformed.

Posted via CB10
    They ship to UK, total cost with shipping was around
    23 for mine with 20% discount code
    04-13-13 03:50 AM
    I have "Chipping" on my phone but because my dumb as a drop it on the concrete but I also and very careful as far as where my phone is placed and all that and I have a scratch on the screen already that I have no idea how I got and it's not from the one drop its experienced so far...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 11:28 PM
42 12