How do I download Snapstore? What's the difference between it and amazon?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:03 PM
    You need to sideload Snap to your device using Sachesi or Chrome PB extension. get the newest Snap here:
    Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.
    Nayalm likes this.
    10-10-14 08:18 PM
    Hey thanks, I've just downloaded d app. What next do I do please?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:22 PM
    The difference between SNAP and Amazon:
    Snap is a 3rd party app for Google Play store that with your Google account i.e. Gmail or YouTube can sign in.
    Meaning straight from "Android" app. Developers

Cheers! From my STL-1
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-10-14 08:32 PM
    Do a search for an app you want and then download, then install and then try your new app. Some may not work but most of the ones I have are fine. Good luck!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    10-10-14 08:43 PM
    Try this one "sideload.it"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=960164

Cheers! From my STL-1
    10-10-14 08:52 PM
    Thanks everyone who's helped. I've downloaded snap.bar, what else do I do?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:06 PM
    You should have a snap icon. Click it to enter the snap "store". You find apps like bbw. Just download them.

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    10-10-14 09:40 PM
    maybe Sideload.it is not easy for you, but it's free of charge.
    here's another vpn app installer but only first two install are free:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-phone-943811/
    Now if this second vpn app is not easy for you to follow the installation procedure, then you're better off following jaydee5799 first reply.
    10-11-14 01:24 AM
    Odos,

If you're still having trouble getting Snap installed, here's another method:

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Un-archive the exe file (currently a 7zip file)
    3. Put the exe file in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    4. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    5. Plug your device into your computer.
    6. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    7. Click on the install tab.
    8. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    9. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    *** Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" must be enabled to install APK's.
    Nayalm likes this.
    10-11-14 12:17 PM
    How do I download Snapstore? What's the difference between it and amazon?
    Please note that there is nothing called Snapstore.

Snap helps us download (and install) .apk apps from Google Play.

.apk apps are also available at Amazon Appstore.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:11 AM
    I have noticed in the Snap app a interesting thing. Sometimes the app developer is misleading. Before you download it may say it is from the official app developers but when it is ready to install a different name appears. Often it is a name of a person. Why is this? I don't think it comes from Google Play.
    10-12-14 01:30 PM
    For example the Facebook app said it was from Facebook on the download page, but when the install page came up a person's name replaced Facebook as the app developer.
    10-12-14 01:32 PM
    For example the Facebook app said it was from Facebook on the download page, but when the install page came up a person's name replaced Facebook as the app developer.
    I heard that Snap displays the name of the actual person who submitted the app to Google Play.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    10-12-14 01:34 PM
    Sounds fishy to me. I think with Facebook and other vital apps I'll stick to the browser
    10-12-14 01:35 PM
    Sounds fishy to me. I think with Facebook and other vital apps I'll stick to the browser
    Not fishy at all

Look at it like this:

Company A finally wants to get into the mobile business by making a mobile app for their clients to make it easier. Company A doesn't have any mobile developers and therefore opts to contract company X to make such an app for them. Company X makes that app and signs it with their name. Company A gets the apk, makes a Google developer account and submits it to the Play Store under developer name Company A Ltd. But, it was actually made and signed by Company X instead of A, as they made it.

So, there is no harm in it and it may look fishy, but it isn't. The BlackBerry 10 apk installer shows the actual signing name of the app and sometimes it was just signed by the developer and not the company name

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:01 PM
    OK. I guess I am being a little too cautious, or maybe paranoid. Haha

Thanks for the clarification eldricho.
    10-12-14 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD