OK so I am trying to migrate texts from Z10 to Samsung A5.
    Phone support say that Samsung SmartSwitch should do this, but the software recognises the Samsung connection to my PC but not the BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Content Transfer looks like it should work. Install on both handsets on the same Wi-Fi, link via password authentication and transfer data. BlackBerry says it has sent all data (including messages), Samsung says it has received all data (including messages), but the messages are nowhere to be seen.

Other software that is supposed to be able to extract SMS from a BlackBerry Backup file doesn't seem to recognise the .bbb file format at all.

Can anyone suggest a method for recovering texts from an up-to-date Z10 OS and porting to the Samsung A5?

Thanks

Phil
    06-20-16 08:17 AM
    Try SMS Backup... it's in BlackBerry World. It will export the info in an XML format. And they have an app in Google Play that will import that format.

The have a site with some guides... https://epicwindmill.com/sms-backup/
    06-20-16 08:25 AM
    Thanks Dunt Dunt Dunt

Is it possible to download onto PC then install this from there to Blackberry?

Phil
    06-20-16 10:10 AM
    Thanks Dunt Dunt Dunt

Is it possible to download onto PC then install this from there to Blackberry?

Phil
    Download on pc from blackberry world? I think impossible. You can download apk from google play though on your pc, install it at your z10 then make a backup, install the same pk on your android then migrate the data.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 12:13 AM