I live just north of Toronto, and for those that know we hosted SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA last night at the Rogers Centre. Amazing show btw, but while I was trying to show off my amazing new z10 to the friends I was with, I had some issues...

The night started with BBM not working...my wife has a 9900 and I think hers was ok. She sent me the address of a bar but my BBM was down so I didn't get it until last minute. A little peeved but nothing huge.

By then I was on the road and annoyed when the turn by turn maps didn't want to work properly...no audio and bad directions. Rebooted the app, same problem. Restarted phone, fixed.

Then when we arrived I tried to check in via Facebook, not working. This has actually happened 3 or 4 times. Rebooted Facebook, nothing. Rebooted phone, fixed.

Then I went to take a video, but the red light wasn't appearing and I missed out capturing a huge part of the show. Kept clicking the screen, it would make a clicking sound but no red light. Toggled between camera and video camera...nothing. Rebooted camera app, nothing. Rebooted phone, fixed, but the moment was lost.

I know there's probably a legit technical reason for each of these issues, and my knee **** blackberry loving defensive reaction is 'its a brand new OS, they'll fix it soon, can't wait for that update!'

That said in one night on the town amidst showing it off to friends in hopes to sell it via word of mouth and example, it failed me during real world scenarios when I needed it, only solvable by complete reboots and patience.

I love the phone, i love the brand, and I'm hoping I just had a bad luck night. This phone really needs to kick ***, especially in the US market so I'm hoping these bugs and glitches are fixed prior to launch there.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 08:11 AM
    That sux...think you had bad timing on the BBM. Other posts on CB are saying it was a service outage. Keep the faith!
    02-23-13 08:19 AM
    Ow man what a shame! Hopefully it was indeed a bad luck night..
    02-23-13 08:23 AM
    Sorry to hear about your issues, but I am happy that they got resolved. As the other poster mentioned, there seems to have been an outage.
    02-23-13 08:25 AM
    Poor luck at a poor time lol, I hope you get a chance to redeem yourself.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 08:27 AM
    Totally sucks. But am glad to read that these are all software related issues that hopefully will soon be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    QERNB likes this.
    02-23-13 08:29 AM
    Thanks - yeah I was aware of the BBM outage as I hit the CB forums when I got the TEMPORARY SERVER ERROR mag. My BBM was probably down for about an hour..nothing huge there, just bad timing and a slight delay.

I was more pissed at the other problems, especially because I was trying to showcase the phone to others, and there's nothing more frustrating then a fail during a demo!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 08:31 AM
    The frustration is why i now leave my z10 at home. When you need it to do something especially related to maps its a frustrating experience. Thankfully my regular phone has google maps.
    02-23-13 08:52 AM
    Maybe not a bad thing to have to wait till end of March for t-mo usa to get the phone.
    02-23-13 09:19 AM
    Need maps? Side load Google maps for the time being. And as for not being able to check in that could have been because there were a lot of people trying to do the same thing. I was at the Grey cup and none of my friends could check in or even text for that matter with all the traffic that must have been localized in such a small spot

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:46 AM
    That does suck. BTW there are many members here saying it never needs a battery pull or a restart. I know they are wrong. Hopefully BlackBerry fixes these niggling issues soon.
    02-23-13 11:00 AM
    Sucks to hear, the same kind of thing happened to me when I had my galaxy s3 out for the first time haha... nothing went right.

On the other hand, I had my z10 out at a Maple Leafs game last weekend and it rocked. I guess I caught the attention of others around me because I found myself doing a q+a session at the end of one intermission. Generally, it seems that there is a lot of interest in the phone, but people are hesitant to take the leap

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:06 AM
    I have similar issues, I know that the phone is stable and pretty much crash proof, but I still reboot regularly for small things that just stop working. Is there a way to reset apps that are not working properly like in Windows where you have a task manager? I seems a shame to have a device that is crash proof yet still needs reboots.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 01:52 PM
    Maybe not a bad thing to have to wait till end of March for t-mo usa to get the phone.
    It makes no difference to be honest with you
    02-24-13 05:31 AM
    I have similar issues, I know that the phone is stable and pretty much crash proof, but I still reboot regularly for small things that just stop working. Is there a way to reset apps that are not working properly like in Windows where you have a task manager? I seems a shame to have a device that is crash proof yet still needs reboots.

Posted via CB10
    Regularly rebooting because things stop working pretty much contradicts your stable and crash proof statement
    02-24-13 06:04 AM
    I'm a devoted BlackBerry owner, but this service outage on my BBM is going on 2 days now and I am really disappointed.

We have 3 new z10 devices on our Bell plan, mine is not working, my wife and daughters are working fine...strange

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 06:23 AM
    i think you have a defective device, my advice is to returne it and get a new one !
    BThunderW likes this.
    02-24-13 07:30 AM
    I second defective device. Mine doesn't have any of the symptoms described.
    02-24-13 08:33 AM
    Translation - I hope your Z10 gets a chance to redeem itself.
    You only get one chance to make a first impression.
    Oscar_E likes this.
    02-24-13 08:36 AM
    I second defective device. Mine doesn't have any of the symptoms described.
    Third.

I've had many opportunities to show of the phone and it hasn't let me down.

The first Z10 I received had software issues (freezing, random reboots). I arranged for return authorization right away and my replacement works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    Oscar_E and semperfi45 like this.
    02-24-13 08:54 AM
    Mine is fine with no problems. Don't know what all these threads are about. User error and defective devices. Amazing how people that know what they are doing never have the same problems.
    02-24-13 06:11 PM
    How well does google maps work in the browser?
    02-24-13 06:45 PM
    Not sure if this is true, but I have heard that arenas tend to put a block around them for some kind of security reasons. Hence why you may have had some connection issues.

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino likes this.
    02-24-13 06:46 PM
    It would be nice to hear the BBM outages was from all the Z10 sales overloading the server
    02-24-13 07:08 PM
    Not sure if this is true, but I have heard that arenas tend to put a block around them for some kind of security reasons. Hence why you may have had some connection issues.

Posted via CB10
    I've been to two different arenas in two different cities, Jobing and ACC and one with my BB and iphone respectively and both times the connection has been unusable.
    02-24-13 07:28 PM
30 12