Hi, I have a Z10 and now have this really odd thing happening to it. I start Skype, video call a contact , video is clear and then after 10 seconds video screen goes green for both me and my caller. (I see a green screen but can still hear caller, same for them). Audio is still great, no issues.

I tried it to the same contact on my desktop pc w/logitech webcam and no issues whatsoever..no green screen

I'm wondering if its a wireless issue (Z10 wireless vs wired desktop), or something else, or if anyone has run across it before ? Never had that problem before until about 1 month ago.

All updates done
    SW version: 10.3.1.1865

Feedback welcome
    04-03-15 01:52 PM
    Hi, I have a Z10 and now have this really odd thing happening to it. I start Skype, video call a contact , video is clear and then after 10 seconds video screen goes green for both me and my caller. (I see a green screen but can still hear caller, same for them). Audio is still great, no issues.

I tried it to the same contact on my desktop pc w/logitech webcam and no issues whatsoever..no green screen

I'm wondering if its a wireless issue (Z10 wireless vs wired desktop), or something else, or if anyone has run across it before ? Never had that problem before until about 1 month ago.

All updates done
    SW version: 10.3.1.1865

Feedback welcome
    Is it the Android version?
    or the one from BlackBerry World
    04-05-15 12:14 PM
    I just had a Skype Video Chat on my Z10 and it worked just fine. I use the latest Google Play Store version.
    It may be network related, but truly reinstalling the app first.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 12:36 PM
    Thanks, was wondering about that. Any preference between the BB World version vs the Google Play Store version ? I currently have the BB version.
    04-07-15 07:14 AM
    Hi MrDoreth, its the BB World one. Never had a problem with it previously until now.
    04-07-15 07:16 AM
    The BlackBerry World version is hopelessly outdated. This version was made to run in 10.1 or 10.2, don't remember. We are now in 10.3.1 and soon in 10.3.2. There has been countless changes to the OS. Especially the Android Runtime. This might be the reason.
    Back in the day, they had to modify and port Skype to make it run at all on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:28 AM
    For me, the Skype in BlackBerry World keeps you logged into Skype when you close the app. The latest Skype in Google Play (installed via Snap) logs you out immediately when you close it. I would prefer to remain logged in and close the Skype active frame especially as I am not experiencing any battery drain problems.

It's sad that they do not feel compelled enough to update the Skype version in BlackBerry World and bring it up to date as I do like all the newest UI changes.

Anyhow, the current BlackBerry World Skype still works OK for me under OS 10.3.2.
    04-07-15 09:15 AM
    For me, the Skype in BlackBerry World keeps you logged into Skype when you close the app. The latest Skype in Google Play (installed via Snap) logs you out immediately when you close it. I would prefer to remain logged in and close the Skype active frame especially as I am not experiencing any battery drain problems.

It's sad that they do not feel compelled enough to update the Skype version in BlackBerry World and bring it up to date as I do like all the newest UI changes.

Anyhow, the current BlackBerry World Skype still works OK for me under OS 10.3.2.
    This is actually funny. I had the opposite. The BlackBerry World version showed me as offline when closed, the Google Play version doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 09:35 AM
    I had exactly the same problem.

The solution: un-install Skype, re-install via BlackBerry World and it worked fine.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-07-15 11:14 AM
    Anything is better than a green screen, will uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

I do actually love the OS and the phone itself, sad that some things just don't run properly..sometimes :-)
    04-07-15 12:06 PM
    Anything is better than a green screen, will uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

I do actually love the OS and the phone itself, sad that some things just don't run properly..sometimes :-)
    Did it work? Let us know please :-)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-08-15 10:08 AM
    I had the same problem and updating to the Google play version fixed it. I hope BlackBerry World doesn't become a graveyard.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 06:21 AM
    I had the same problem and updating to the Google play version fixed it. I hope BlackBerry World doesn't become a graveyard.

Posted via CB10
    It's already a graveyard Brah!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 06:50 AM
    I'm afraid you are right. I want all native communication apps. We chat Skype bbm etc. BlackBerry please make it happen .

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 06:43 AM