Hi all,
    I'm on the road traveling for business and recently encountered a problem and needs some help in resolving it. I recently downloaded Skype version 4.9.507.46973 from BB World to my Z10. I am running BB OS 10.2.1.3014 on my Z10. The download and install went fine. I logged into my Skype account from My Z10 and made a call back home which went fine. After the call I logged off Skype and quit the app. The next time I went to make a Skype call I tapped the icon and the Skype log in screen appeared but when I tried to tap the buttons to log into Skype nothing on the screen would respond. I closed the app and re-opened it several times and each time a Skype screen would appear but be unresponsive. I could swipe the entire Skype log in screen away but can not log back into my Skype account from my Z10.I deleted and re-installed Skype but no change still initial screen appears but unresponsive. I can log in to Skype from my lap top so the Skype account is fine. I did a search here and saw vague references to "known issue" but what the "known issue" was I could never tell, similarly I could never tell from the age of those few posts that mentioned it if we were talking about the same versions of the software that I am running. Can anyone give me a hand, non Skype transatlantic calls can get expensive. Thanks.
    10-26-14 03:40 PM
    Skype just really sucks on BB10. It's an old android app that was made to work with it, but then pretty much stopped and never got an update.

I recommend you start looking for alternatives or start making BBM voice calls.

Via passport
    10-26-14 04:14 PM
    Horrendous. Terrible. Awful.

Same on my Q10 and Passport.

We need a real Skype so bad. It's not much better on iPhones or Droids I hear. Let's be honest, AOL Instant Messenger and Yahoo were both better then Skype Desktop too...

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:58 AM
    Yeah, even on desktop I pretty much stopped using Skype, just trying to get everyone on other platforms.

Via passport
    10-27-14 03:59 PM
    Yeah. Skype sucks on BlackBerry. I have problems with freezing too. Calls also drop usually.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    10-28-14 02:28 AM
    OP, it's not your Z10's fault. As other posters have noted, Skype sucks royally on most platforms, and is generally unusable on BlackBerry 10.

It's a pity more of our contacts don't use BBM, as BBM calling works like a charm every single time.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    10-28-14 03:00 AM
    Had the same issue as OP, after the previous Skype update (a new one is reportedly available today, haven't tried it).

Solution
    Get the android version via Snap, has been working okay - with one caveat (at least on my phone:-
    - It will crash at the first call you place/ receive. Reopen it, will work fine thereafter.

CB10 @ Q5
    10-28-14 01:09 PM