Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KarlosSpicyWienr
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Since question

I have a Telus 9860.. If I purchase a z10 can I switch the sim card back and forth between phones? I'm a contractor and wouldnt want to bring a shiny new z10 onto a construction site, I've seen the outcome of the z10 drop tests. My 9860 is dropped daily or ends up in the same pocket as a screwdriver
    CrackBerry Abuser

So long as you continue to pay for bis, I don't see why not. You may need to keep updating your service books though.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Z10 takes a micro SIM and the 9860 takes a standard SIM so you would need a micro to standard SIM adapter to accomplish your needs.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,604 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BECF0C

well i tried to find an adapter for that and i never found one wonder if that even exist
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I live in Toronto and my gf in vancouver. We use whatsapp as our main form of communication while we are apart so if it was a possibility to use my old phone and the new z10 off the same card it would allow me to go out and get the z10 right away. But as most of you know, girls these days expect instant communication and take it for granted. I could deal with a text msg once a day but she would feel the loss of attention... This sim switching is my only hope and a saving grace for me to stay with blackberry because I do not expect any cross platform chats anytime soon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD6BA20

Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    well i tried to find an adapter for that and i never found one wonder if that even exist
    They do! Here in the UK anyway lol

Posted via CB10
    Gemma G
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bdot-1 View Post
    I live in Toronto and my gf in vancouver. We use whatsapp as our main form of communication while we are apart so if it was a possibility to use my old phone and the new z10 off the same card it would allow me to go out and get the z10 right away. But as most of you know, girls these days expect instant communication and take it for granted. I could deal with a text msg once a day but she would feel the loss of attention... This sim switching is my only hope and a saving grace for me to stay with blackberry because I do not expect any cross platform chats anytime soon.
    You could protect your BlackBerry Z10 with an OtterBox Defender Case when at a work-site and configure a Bluetooth earpiece so the smartphone remains safely in your pocket.
    CrackBerry Abuser

BlackBerry World has a program for cross communication for the z10 called "Touch" ,it use to be called ping chat and is on all platforms. It's also available for the older BB's so you should be able to try it before hand.

As for the micro sim to sim adaptor they amazon.ca here is the link.

Amazon.ca: micro sim to adaptor.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KarlosSpicyWienr View Post
    Z10 takes a micro SIM and the 9860 takes a standard SIM so you would need a micro to standard SIM adapter to accomplish your needs.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    Be very careful of those adapters. I don't know about the 9860 but in my 9900 it damaged the SIM tray and that is expensive to repair.
    CrackBerry Genius

Might not be as easy as just moving sim card back and forth especially if the switch device wizard would need to be used. If that isn't necessary then it's much simpler.