I recently changed the email time frame setting to "forever", great I thought!

After the initial sync, which seemed to work fine. I then disabled "show filed messages" and "show sent messages" in the hub settings.
    I thought that finally the Hub and my email were actually going to be useful to me.

However the next time I picked up my phone and looked at my emails I was greeted with "no entries in this view". Sometimes my emails
    load, sometimes they dont, when they do there is normally only about 20 of them in my inbox. My folders rarely load any emails. It would make more sense if they
    didn't work at all, but it appears to be completly random. I have tried changing the VPN and SSL settings but both are just as flaky. VPN will load some emails,
    but still not all or the other folders.

Also, when I edit my signature, it will reset to default. What is happening?

I am at my wits end, can anyone help?

Thanks.
    09-30-13 05:01 AM
    How many messages in the folders?

Have you removed and readded the account?

Rebooted?
    09-30-13 12:06 PM
    I have deleted the account, Rebooted, pulled the battery etc several times. I've tried different wifi networks. I've tried everything I can think of.

Some folders have just a few emails, some have 50-100. The folders seem more stable now. The inbox however varies. When I set it up yesterday I had all my recent emails but no old ones. Then I had all my old emails up to January 2012, thus morning it is empty. I haven't changed any settings, it's just different each time I pick it up.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:48 AM
    In fact, there is no inbox, nor any folders, just the main unified email screen with nothing in it.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:50 AM
    Who is your email provider and what protocol is this? IMAP? Exchange ActiveSync?

Microsoft Exchange servers will throttle clients that put excessive load on a server - if your device is trying to sync a ton of large messages all at once, it could be that the server is set with a very low device activity throttling threshold by the system operator.

There are logs on the server side and in some cases on the client side that you can use to ascertain what is the cause of sync failures.

Also, server admins can prevent a device from retrieving messages older than some locally configured age. In other words, "forever" could in reality be just 30 days, or 10 days for that matter, if the server admin configured the server that way.
    10-01-13 06:03 AM
    Thanks for the reply. It is hotmail. I don't know the protocol. It does sync messages older than 30 days. My issue is the fact that it only does it sometimes. Sometimes my inbox shows messages from ages ago up until 2012, the next time it will show me messages from today and other times, such as now I get no messages and no folders.

It always worked ok on my other phones and was completely stable on my z10 unroll I changed the timeframe to forever, which is how I need it.

Also the signature keeps resetting to default, surely this should be stored on the handset?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 06:16 AM
    Hi Wired,

Sorry to hear about your issues. Unfortunately, you're not the only one who has experienced this. It seems to be a problem on microsoft's end and specifically, with activesync. Fortunately, for some, time has resolved the issue. Please see these other threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...my-hub-855079/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ve-etc-839202/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-853437/
    10-02-13 07:44 AM