One of the best posts ever. In the history of the internets... LOL.

10. If you ask an ATT or Best Buy clerk about the Z10 and they say it is selling well then you are truthful and deserve accolade. If the clerk says otherwise, you are (select between 1, 2 and 3) and in any event, you should post the location of the shop, the name of the clerk, his or her telephone number, social security number, their mother’s maiden name and the name of their first pet
    03-29-13 06:55 AM
    You only found 12 problems with this place? Not to shabby by my count.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

Here is one of my favorite quotes by Adam Z.

"If you're stopping by to talk smack and turn people away from the forum you will be asked to leave."

This should be enforced better.
    eddy_berry, breu695 and tstrike34 like this.
    03-29-13 06:56 AM
    Please reconsider.
    Every court needs a jester.
    You do well speaking truth to power.
    03-29-13 06:58 AM
    13. Not marketing your new phone that is going to save the company is the right thing to do. And however it works out, they are doing it better than Samsung (or any other more successful manufacturer).
    14. It's not a cult. It's just a group of people who blindly follow their leader. Oh wait, maybe it is a cult - http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...8/#post8207139
    15. Overhype and underlivering is a good thing. You just don't understand it.
    03-29-13 06:58 AM
    Well said OP. I just joined CB after purchasing my Z10 and, while there is phenomenal information and helpful posters on this site, the OP is spot on. However, I also agree with QBNKELT that the value in this site is so good that you shouldn't let the trolls and fanbois drive you away. Post positively, helpfully and often and the toxicity that BLICKED wrote about will ebb.
    03-29-13 06:59 AM
    8. While Z10 is a serious business tool and not for Angry Bird playing iSheep-brain washed Apple users, the absence of a %-key in the calculator or a line break in text and BBM is absolutely fine and is not an issue in any way

Maybe some buyers appreciate the Z10 simply just wrong?
    The Z10 is currently IMHO primarily not a direct competitor to an iPhone 5, S4 or HTC One and their eco-systems, but a long-awaited new technical challenge for BB fans
    CairnsRock likes this.
    03-29-13 07:04 AM
    It is sad that CB is losing someone like this and maintains others that have nothing more to contribute than '+1', or other equally useless comments. I have been following CB for the past year, never posted, or even had the desire to post because of some of the foolishness being written. Decided that losing someone taking the effort to put together a quality goodbye email was worth breaking my own silence.

Although the post was written with humour, the message is accurate and I agree with this person wholeheartedly. Constructive criticism should always be welcome. I have found the treatment of some contributors with slightly negative comments to be embarrassing. I think the time has come for CB admins to start warning contributors that are rude, demeaning, and overall offensive that if they continue they will be banned or suspended for a period of time.

If CB want's to be taken seriously, and seen as something more than a bunch of 12 year old children taking verbal shots at each other, then the time has come to do something about it.

Wait for it........
    "+1"
    "+1000000000"
    "-1"

etc.....
    03-29-13 07:07 AM
    Why say goodbye? I left and went to Apple long ago but still visit CB many times a day!

After you get over the gurgling Koolaid sound of the posters, it is not so bad. It is just brand loyalty and I DO understand as no one was a bigger fan of Blackberry than me! When you are on a Blackberry Forum you need to understand people will be pro Blackberry. God knows the iPhone people are rabid on the iPhone forums.
    03-29-13 07:12 AM
    Great post, your exit has contributed more than most ever will. +1
    ilikebacon likes this.
    03-29-13 07:14 AM
    http://margalite.webatu.com/goodbye.html

Fancy finishing your CB membership with a flourish? Use this handy dandy Drama Queen post generator to create your own "I'm leaving" Drama Queen thread.

The "Goodbye, I hate the way this forum has gone" post. Almost as old as the net itself.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-29-13 07:21 AM
    Good Bye.....
    03-29-13 07:21 AM
    Why say goodbye? I left and went to Apple long ago but still visit CB many times a day!

After you get over the gurgling Koolaid sound of the posters, it is not so bad. It is just brand loyalty and I DO understand as no one was a bigger fan of Blackberry than me! When you are on a Blackberry Forum you need to understand people will be pro Blackberry. God knows the iPhone people are rabid on the iPhone forums.
    I am really tired of people like you coming on here and talking common sense. How dare you!

Of course people are excited right now about the new Z10. Blackberry fans have suffered through the last couple years with an antiquated device while fans of other platforms laughed and said "RIM is dead". Now it's time to play and gloat a little. It's to be expected. As Greg and some others have said though, Crackberry is so much more than that. Look past the extreme on both sides and enjoy the community.
    CairnsRock and brout like this.
    03-29-13 07:23 AM
    The "GOODBYE I HATE YOU ALL" post generator

Fancy finishing your CB membership with a flourish? Use this handy dandy Drama Queen post generator to create your own "I'm leaving" Drama Queen thread.

The "Goodbye, I hate the way this forum has gone" post. Almost as old as the net itself.

Posted via CB10
    Congratulations - an outstanding example of exactly that the OP is talking about.
    h20work, breu695, Drew808 and 1 others like this.
    03-29-13 07:24 AM
    That right there is funny. What an excellent summary...I laughed at each one.
    You are an *****.
    03-29-13 07:29 AM
    LOL! That's funny!

Posted via CB10
    You are an *****.
    03-29-13 07:30 AM
    Congratulations - an outstanding example of exactly that the OP is talking about.
    why thank you, although after probably a decade and a half of reading posts just like this over and over on pretty much every single forum I have ever frequented, I didn't bother reading through all the OP.

It's just more of the same ol same ol.

Whether there are valid points in it or not, goodbye threads are pointless, and in my opinion are just made to garner a final bit of attention. Although the majority of the time the person doesn't leave after all anyway...

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and aminrajabi like this.
    03-29-13 07:35 AM
    Dear qbnkelt: I like your footerlink to the wired article VERY much and would suggest EVERYONE here on CB reading it ...

Chris
    03-29-13 07:39 AM
    Yes, I know� goodbye, see ya, won�t miss ya.

I joined CB a month or so ago when I bought my Z10. I have been on the forum now and then but I think I am getting a little addicted (for the wrong reasons) so I decided to leave CB. Here are my top 10 observations:

1. Anyone saying anything that is not glowingly positive about the Z10 is a troll
    2. Any review that is not gushing about Z10 is written by an idiot� probably bought and paid for by Apple and/or Android
    3. There is a global conspiracy that is focused on destroying BBRY. This is because Apple and Google are worried about BBRY� OR, because of stock manipulators that will drive the stock down by posting on CB
    4. Any app not available for the Z10 is totally unnecessary. Such apps are in the same category as fart noise making apps and are for people that play games all day long and don�t have a proper job. Any app that could be ported from Android MIGHT be useful and worthy of serious people but if it turn out that same ported app drains the Z10 battery from fully charged to 3% in twelve minutes then such said app is actually a fart noise making type app and is in fact totally necessary after all. As apps become available for the Z10, they suddenly become useful and no longer unnecessary
    5. Virtual keyboards were NEVER any good and should be avoided at all costs until the Z10 came out, at which point VK are better than physical keyboard as long as they are on a Z10 otherwise they remain totally unusable
    6. Any shortcoming is the fault of the carriers and not BRRY. This applies to everything
    7. Lack of headphones by some carriers is a) nothing to do with BBRY (see 6 above) and b) are totally unusable anyway therefore the carrier doing us a favour by not including them in the first place. However, the fact the headphones are crap and unusable is not to be construed as a criticism of the quality of BBRY products otherwise, please refer to 1 above
    8. While Z10 is a serious business tool and not for Angry Bird playing iSheep-brain washed Apple users, the 30 day sync limit on emails is absolutely fine and is not an issue in any way. If in doubt, please refer to 1, 2 and 3 above
    9. Z10 battery life was superior to anything on the market on release day. The OS update was amazing and made it even better. Those not getting amazing battery life are delusional
    10. If you ask an ATT or Best Buy clerk about the Z10 and they say it is selling well then you are truthful and deserve accolade. If the clerk says otherwise, you are (select between 1, 2 and 3) and in any event, you should post the location of the shop, the name of the clerk, his or her telephone number, social security number, their mother�s maiden name and the name of their first pet
    11. A long post is frowned upon and is an indication of the OP�s arrogance. A short post is frowned upon as the OP did not explain themselves fully and therefore must be a troll (unless it is saying �the Z10 is amazing� in which case a short post is absolutely fine)
    12. iPhone users can�t count (OK, this one might be true)

I hope that at least some of you will take this post in the light-hearted way it was intended. I love you guys and admire your dedication. I hope one day I will come back when there is a BBRY that works for me. In the meanwhile, enjoy your new phone.
    and with all that FUN around here - you REALLY want to leave?
    03-29-13 07:41 AM
    Have to agree with this thread in most respects. However, this is a BlackBerry fan site. We're here because we love the phones / software / company. With that in mind. The site WILL attract the fan boy and troll types. I believe every platform suffers from this. And Crackberry certainly isn't any exception.

The Crackberry app has certainly made me more active on these forums recently. When I do post. I try to only post when I can at least provide some valuable information (unless I'm having a joke ). I don't tend to get involved with fan boy wars or troll posts.

Sad that you're leaving us, but you're also more than welcome to join us again

Take care!

Posted via CB10
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    03-29-13 07:42 AM
    why thank you, although after probably a decade and a half of reading posts just like this over and over on pretty much every single forum I have ever frequented, I didn't bother reading through all the OP.

It's just more of the same ol same ol.

Whether there are valid points in it or not, goodbye threads are pointless, and in my opinion are just made to garner a final bit of attention. Although the majority of the time the person doesn't leave after all anyway...

Posted via CB10
    So, in your opinion, after being here for two months, this thread is pointless.

And somehow you keep proving that the OP is 100% correct.
    03-29-13 07:43 AM
    You are an *****.

You are an *****.

Really? Did you think that was so clever that you had to repeat yourself? Here.....this might assist....

03-29-13 07:46 AM
    Lol. So true - I think. Still, on the whole, CB is a great community and a great place to find information regarding BBRY.
    03-29-13 07:47 AM
    I mean yes i agree with some of what you said, but you have to admit lately their has been alot of just plain negative posts with no information whatsoever and alot of people make an entire thread just to rant rather than asking for help, and such posts will be greeted with indecent replies anywhere . Honestly just like everything else it goes both ways,for eg the battery thing its like many posters reply that their getting great usage without calling anyone a troll but in return they are called a troll, matter fact recently their was an entire thread dedicated just to say those who have great battery are"In denial"...to each of your points there might be an equally right reply. But as q and others said don't make this a reason to leave

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:52 AM
    Yes, I know� goodbye, see ya, won�t miss ya.

I joined CB a month or so ago when I bought my Z10. I have been on the forum now and then but I think I am getting a little addicted (for the wrong reasons) so I decided to leave CB. Here are my top 10 observations:

1. Anyone saying anything that is not glowingly positive about the Z10 is a troll
    2. Any review that is not gushing about Z10 is written by an *****� probably bought and paid for by Apple and/or Android
    3. There is a global conspiracy that is focused on destroying BBRY. This is because Apple and Google are worried about BBRY� OR, because of stock manipulators that will drive the stock down by posting on CB
    4. Any app not available for the Z10 is totally unnecessary. Such apps are in the same category as fart noise making apps and are for people that play games all day long and don�t have a proper job. Any app that could be ported from Android MIGHT be useful and worthy of serious people but if it turn out that same ported app drains the Z10 battery from fully charged to 3% in twelve minutes then such said app is actually a fart noise making type app and is in fact totally necessary after all. As apps become available for the Z10, they suddenly become useful and no longer unnecessary
    5. Virtual keyboards were NEVER any good and should be avoided at all costs until the Z10 came out, at which point VK are better than physical keyboard as long as they are on a Z10 otherwise they remain totally unusable
    6. Any shortcoming is the fault of the carriers and not BRRY. This applies to everything
    7. Lack of headphones by some carriers is a) nothing to do with BBRY (see 6 above) and b) are totally unusable anyway therefore the carrier doing us a favour by not including them in the first place. However, the fact the headphones are crap and unusable is not to be construed as a criticism of the quality of BBRY products otherwise, please refer to 1 above
    8. While Z10 is a serious business tool and not for Angry Bird playing iSheep-brain washed Apple users, the 30 day sync limit on emails is absolutely fine and is not an issue in any way. If in doubt, please refer to 1, 2 and 3 above
    9. Z10 battery life was superior to anything on the market on release day. The OS update was amazing and made it even better. Those not getting amazing battery life are delusional
    10. If you ask an ATT or Best Buy clerk about the Z10 and they say it is selling well then you are truthful and deserve accolade. If the clerk says otherwise, you are (select between 1, 2 and 3) and in any event, you should post the location of the shop, the name of the clerk, his or her telephone number, social security number, their mother�s maiden name and the name of their first pet
    11. A long post is frowned upon and is an indication of the OP�s arrogance. A short post is frowned upon as the OP did not explain themselves fully and therefore must be a troll (unless it is saying �the Z10 is amazing� in which case a short post is absolutely fine)
    12. iPhone users can�t count (OK, this one might be true)

I hope that at least some of you will take this post in the light-hearted way it was intended. I love you guys and admire your dedication. I hope one day I will come back when there is a BBRY that works for me. In the meanwhile, enjoy your new phone.
    It took a lot of time for you to write this post - and truthfully, I don't blame you for writing it. You are 100% bang-on with everything you wrote. I do love my Z10, but yes, there are a whole lot of posters who are quite one-dimensional around here, but this is the Internet...and it's not unique to CB.
    CairnsRock and tinker2000 like this.
    03-29-13 08:01 AM
    So, in your opinion, after being here for two months, this thread is pointless.

And somehow you keep proving that the OP is 100% correct.
    heh, settle down lol. I just choose not to climb up on any high horse. Well except for the "arguing on the internet, over a smartphone no less, is pretty silly" one I guess.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:04 AM
128 1234 ...