Is there any way to stop by phone from putting contacts on my sim? Somehow I have contacts saved on my sim and I want them on the device. A lot of my numbers were hidden because the filter was set to hide sim contacts. I have to nap for work, hopefully someone has a suggestion

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-24-13 04:56 AM
    In contact app :
    - swipe down from the top of the screen to access the setting

- go at the bottom were it says "sim card"

- select the appropriate option :
    First one is actually what you are looking for " import contacts from sim card "

Voil!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:13 AM
    In contact app :
    - swipe down from the top of the screen to access the setting

- go at the bottom were it says "sim card"

- select the appropriate option :
    First one is actually what you are looking for " import contacts from sim card "

Voil!

Posted via CB10
    No ..... I don't think there is anything here to change what he is trying to fix.

This is not what he is talking about ................... I don't think.

Each time you add a new contact it automatically saves the New Contact to device/Local and SIM. I have found no way to change this. There is no way I have found or heard of to set a default contact account.

The only thing you can do to manage this is-
    -- open contact
    -- click unlink for SIM
    you will now have a duplicate contact with different "Links"
    --open a duplicate and click "Links" to locate the one with the SIM "Link"
    -- now delete that duplicate contact with the SIM Link

I know of no other way to handle this at present.

We need a default contact account(s) like we have for calendar and email. Then we could select what we want for default contact account/Link.
    04-24-13 07:30 AM
    miss-understood...it was indeed not very clear what the OP wanted to do. I, like you, assumed it was that. can OP confirm exactly what he is trying to do?
    duckduke likes this.
    04-24-13 09:46 AM
    miss-understood...it was indeed not very clear what the OP wanted to do. I, like you, assumed it was that. can OP confirm exactly what he is trying to do?
    I am very glad you posted what you did ...... I had not even been into that tool/area before and didn't know it existed. Now I do. Thanks for the info!!!
    04-24-13 11:22 AM
    No ..... I don't think there is anything here to change what he is trying to fix.

This is not what he is talking about ................... I don't think.

Each time you add a new contact it automatically saves the New Contact to device/Local and SIM. I have found no way to change this. There is no way I have found or heard of to set a default contact account.

The only thing you can do to manage this is-
    -- open contact
    -- click unlink for SIM
    you will now have a duplicate contact with different "Links"
    --open a duplicate and click "Links" to locate the one with the SIM "Link"
    -- now delete that duplicate contact with the SIM Link

I know of no other way to handle this at present.

We need a default contact account(s) like we have for calendar and email. Then we could select what we want for default contact account/Link.
    sorry for late reply I work weird shifts. This is what I'm talking about in regards to sim contacts. Hopefully there's a fix soon for this. I have about 60 contacts and about 8 of them are located on my sim card.
    I wondered where they disappeared to

04-24-13 02:00 PM
    You can use the info in the reply above to move the SIM contacts to device/Local.

As far as stopping them from going there, I don't know that you can right now. For me...... everytime I create a new contact it will save to Local + SIM + sync'd Email accounts.

Here's a good test for you.
    -- Create a random new contact (Joe Blow, John Blow, Rocky Balboa.... etc.) and save
    -- Now open the contact and near the bottom of the screen and click on "Links"
    These links will tell you everywhere your device is saving New Contacts. I currently don't know of any way to change this.

I don't understand why you had 8 contacts on SIM and the rest on Local. Stranger things have happened. (maybe if you had your contacts transfered over to Z10 in some way they transfered over as they were on previous device ..... SIM and Local ....... and maybe those 8 were on SIM on previous device..... who knows)
    04-24-13 03:36 PM
    He's trying to avoid storing contacts to the SIM card when he enters new ones. I find this dumb as well that it can't be disabled, as this seems to cause the troubles with multiplying contacts with a bunch of folks including myself.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:45 PM
    You can use the info in the reply above to move the SIM contacts to device/Local.

As far as stopping them from going there, I don't know that you can right now. For me...... everytime I create a new contact it will save to Local + SIM + sync'd Email accounts.

Here's a good test for you.
    -- Create a random new contact (Joe Blow, John Blow, Rocky Balboa.... etc.) and save
    -- Now open the contact and near the bottom of the screen and click on "Links"
    These links will tell you everywhere your device is saving New Contacts. I currently don't know of any way to change this.

I don't understand why you had 8 contacts on SIM and the rest on Local. Stranger things have happened. (maybe if you had your contacts transfered over to Z10 in some way they transfered over as they were on previous device ..... SIM and Local ....... and maybe those 8 were on SIM on previous device..... who knows)
    I've noticed half of the contacts on sim are new and half are old. Maybe when the phone is backed up it places them on device? Because the majority of my contacts are on phone. I usually hide the sim contacts because I don't feel like seeing the global support numbers and etc.

04-24-13 04:10 PM