So AT&T does not provide the option of changing any cellular network settings, it is all set by the SIM card. I use an unlocked Z10 from GSM nation(because I will be in France in a couple of months) with the SIM card from my Lumia 920. I saw someone post that the Verizon Z10s have the option in the cellular settings to go from global to CDMA. There was one user that got significantly better battery life just by switching from global to CDMA. I'm wondering if this is happening to my Z10. The reason why I suspect this is that when I put in the same SIM card into the 920, a window popped up and mentioned 'global.' I don't remember the exact message though. It never did that before I got my Z10. Is the phone allowed to change settings on the SIM card? Sorry if these seem to be simple questions, I'm not knowledgable on SIM card matters. Thank you for your help!
    04-04-13 01:00 PM
    The Verizon phones have CDMA only because that's what Verizon's network uses. ATT is entirely GSM, so there is no CDMA option at all. If anyone else knows otherwise, please feel free to chime in. I'm pretty sure that's what it is though.
    04-04-13 01:05 PM
    The Verizon phones have CDMA only because that's what Verizon's network uses. ATT is entirely GSM, so there is no CDMA option at all. If anyone else knows otherwise, please feel free to chime in. I'm pretty sure that's what it is though.
    This is correct.
    04-04-13 01:45 PM