Since updating my wife's Z10 to 10.3.2, I busted out my old Z10, that I keep as a backup, in case something happens to my Z30. I switched my SIM card for a bit, and put the 10 through it's paces for a few days, using everything, including the Assistant. Then, swapped the SIM card back.

Today, I grabbed the Z10 and started it up without the SIM card. I was interested to see what would work through just WIFI, and what would not. I found that the Assistant did work, but that it didn't speak.

Each of our phones had the initial problem with the Assistant not speaking, until switching languages, rebooting, and then switching back to English. However, even this didn't bring back the speech to my Z10.

So, my question is, does the phone require a SIM card for speech? And if so, does that mean that using the Assistant when it DOES have the SIM card in uses Data, even if connected to WIFI? That could mean that even using the Assistant to set up appointments could use Data from one's Data plan.

Thanks for reading, and potentially answering.
    02-22-17 08:17 PM