Will the Z10 use normal sim cards or the micro sim's? seeing as I have the normal size sim I would like to use it if possible?
    01-29-13 12:20 AM
    The regular sim wont work, instead you'll need to get a micro sim.
    01-29-13 12:27 AM
    Aw damn..I was hoping that wasn't the case..
    01-29-13 12:29 AM
    Most carriers will replace a normal SIM with a Micro SIM at no cost (some charge if you then revert back to a normal SIM)
    01-29-13 01:56 AM
    I'm guessing one of these

EXPANSYS Micro SIM to SIM Card Adapter - Expansys.com UK

will allow a micro sim to be used in a phone that needs standard sims, it's handy sometimes for instance if a device needs to go back for repair and you need to use your old phone etc
    01-29-13 06:01 AM
    Usually when you buy a phone from any carrier they give you a sim card.

Now being its todays world it no doubt will be a micro sim for all newer phones.
    01-29-13 06:08 AM
    If you didn't have a need to revert back to a normal SIM couldn't you just cut the normail SIM to fit the microSIM? Pretty sure that was posted somewhere.
    01-29-13 08:38 AM
    Cutting a standard SIM is a PITA. Best bet is to just ask your carrier for one. Most times they *shouldn't* charge you for it, especially if you're getting a device that requires it.
    01-29-13 09:42 AM
    This is not good for those of us that have international sim cards and use local numbers on prepaid networks in foreign countries. It may not seem a bit deal to many of you, but for internationally-minded people with multiple mobile numbers this could be a deal breaker. Just saying....

Anyone know if one could buy a piece of hardware relatively on the cheap that would allow you to clone your current sim to a another chip?
    02-04-13 09:36 PM
    Is the Q10 going to be using this Micro SIM card, as well?

Update: a little more research and it appears that one can buy a micro SIM card cutter for just a few bucks that will punch the full SIM card to a Micro SIM...seems to be a reasonable approach if foreign carriers will not replace the SIM's and port the number.
    Last edited by BullMarket; 02-04-13 at 10:33 PM.
    02-04-13 09:37 PM
    This is not good for those of us that have international sim cards and use local numbers on prepaid networks in foreign countries. It may not seem a bit deal to many of you, but for internationally-minded people with multiple mobile numbers this could be a deal breaker. Just saying....

Anyone know if one could buy a piece of hardware relatively on the cheap that would allow you to clone your current sim to a another chip?
    It looks like the Mobile phone makes are heading in this direction generally - the iphone and some Samsung and Nokia phones all take the smaller SIMs as well now. It was a trend started by Apple as they're pushing this design for the SIM.
    02-04-13 11:36 PM

I wouldn't worry about that.. you can get adapters that allow you to drop your micro SIM into it and then you can use it in a phone that requires a full size SIM. Some providers will provide one or two free of charge with the micro SIM (In the UK O2 gave them away) or you can pop online and pick up a pack for only a few pounds / dollars.
    02-04-13 11:46 PM
    NEW DESIGN - MICRO SIM CARD ADAPTER CONVERTOR ** NO: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Just an example (This one is quite pricy actually) or if you buy one of the many SIM cutters out there they may come with some adapters, this is what I have just ordered as it cuts NANO, MICRO SIMs and has the adapters and isn't expensive

Foneboy� Nano Sim Cutter for iPhone 5 includes Adapters: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I would try your carrier first in case you can get a freebie
    02-04-13 11:48 PM