I feel for you, OP. I had to get Telus to reset my account because my last phone (Torch) didn't do MMS (photos, etc). I guess they didn't get a clue when I bought the new phone. I hope you get it resolved soon!
    09-12-13 10:36 PM
    Ok so i'm off the phone with no resolve.... Rogers tech support is horrible.. They just actually had me get off the phone saying its RIMs ( thought RIM dint exist any longer) problem and i'm going to have to wait for them to resolve it with the 10.2 update....I'm ready to sell both z10s and get something else..I'm Canadian been a life time Blackberry supporter and this is what I get..Several hours wasted of my life i will never get back..I deserve to be compensated for this Bull..
    09-12-13 10:47 PM
    I feel for you, OP. I had to get Telus to reset my account because my last phone (Torch) didn't do MMS (photos, etc). I guess they didn't get a clue when I bought the new phone. I hope you get it resolved soon!
    If your carrier is telling you 10.2 will fix the issue, you may want to consider updating to a leaked version of 10.2. Based on your conversation with your carrier, you have nothing to lose.

.LOL....just enjoy your Z. (~_*)
    09-12-13 11:00 PM
    Ok so i'm off the phone with no resolve.... Rogers tech support is horrible.. They just actually had me get off the phone saying its RIMs ( thought RIM dint exist any longer) problem and i'm going to have to wait for them to resolve it with the 10.2 update....I'm ready to sell both z10s and get something else..I'm Canadian been a life time Blackberry supporter and this is what I get..Several hours wasted of my life i will never get back..I deserve to be compensated for this Bull..
    Just trust me my friend. Do this:

1. Download the .1443 leak: http://goo.gl/5hR2YK
    2. While you're waiting for it to download do a full backup of your Z10(s).
    3. Once it finishes backing up, remove any microSD cards you have.
    4. Put the phone in Airplane mode to turn off all radios.
    5. Install the .1443 leak.
    6. Set up your phone again and put in all accounts fresh. Don't restore from the backup, that's just in case 10.2 doesn't work.
    7. If all seems good, put the microSD card back in the Z10.

If for any reason it doesn't work? Choose "reload device software" and then restore the backup.

EDIT: On a side note, just switched to Virgin Mobile. They gave me a free Sony Xperia SP to play with (on two year contract), and didn't charge me for the activation (unlike Rogers who charged me another $35 for buying out my iPhone 4S and renewing my contract with the Z10!).

And this is on Bell's network, which if you've followed my recent rants, is clearly better than Rogers when it comes to coverage.
    jalahandro likes this.
    09-12-13 11:56 PM

EDIT: On a side note, just switched to Virgin Mobile. They gave me a free Sony Xperia SP to play with (on two year contract), and didn't charge me for the activation (unlike Rogers who charged me another $35 for buying out my iPhone 4S and renewing my contract with the Z10!).

And this is on Bell's network, which if you've followed my recent rants, is clearly better than Rogers when it comes to coverage.
    I switched from Telus to Virgin Mobile and I gotta say, refreshing change. While I've had a few communication failures with them on the phone, once I get through to actual tech support, I have no complaints.

Signal in my part of the world, northern Alberta, tops Rogers easily any day. My sister in law has a Rogers Z10 and is always losing her signal. She sticks with then because she swears by their customer service, my phone, it still works better than hers.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 12:14 AM
    I switched from Telus to Virgin Mobile and I gotta say, refreshing change. While I've had a few communication failures with them on the phone, once I get through to actual tech support, I have no complaints.

Signal in my part of the world, northern Alberta, tops Rogers easily any day. My sister in law has a Rogers Z10 and is always losing her signal. She sticks with then because she swears by their customer service, my phone, it still works better than hers.

Posted via CB10
    I gotta say, it felt pretty good, like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I was at a TIFF screening recently and lost my signal in downtown Toronto while someone else with a Z10 standing right beside me had five bars. That was enough for me.
    09-13-13 12:21 AM
    The only thing that annoys me with my z10 stl100-2 running 4181, when sliding in-between apps and hub while there are active frames open specially CB app,Bbm, and net browser..it becomes laggy and chappy..it is almost looks like a slowmo effect..when sliding through apps..hys it really annoys me..dont know why it become lag like that..I alreay do the wipe after the update..and still that lag remains..hope that the 10.2 os is smooth as silk..im still looking forward on its offiial release..

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:17 AM
    The only thing that annoys me with my z10 stl100-2 running 4181, when sliding in-between apps and hub while there are active frames open specially CB app,Bbm, and net browser..it becomes laggy and chappy..it is almost looks like a slowmo effect..when sliding through apps..hys it really annoys me..dont know why it become lag like that..I alreay do the wipe after the update..and still that lag remains..hope that the 10.2 os is smooth as silk..im still looking forward on its offiial release..

Posted via CB10
    There's an official update available for you if your phone is unlocked. It might be available on your network.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-13-13 10:26 AM
    Re-read my post. Rogers has BlackBerry trained technicians. You need to follow the proper prompts to get to them. They will escalate you to BlackBerry for FREE if they cannot resolve your issue. This has always been the BlackBerry support model.

It works, just follow all of the BlackBerry support prompts to get to the right people.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    I have not used them for some time, but their tech people seemed quite capable. I am sure they are more experienced now. Most of my calls took place in the first two weeks of the launch in Canada. While I don't think I should pay for the higher level of tech support - I do appreciate the option - users have different requirements and some need fast service.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:37 AM
    Oh, and the easiest way to find your pin # is to type "mypin" without the quotes and then hit the space bar in any text field. You will see your pin instantly

To add to this (good tip by the way) email or txt message to see it. It actually showing up in the autocorrect is pretty neato. Also you can look it up in the help and it also mentions within BBM you can click on your own picture (upper left) and then click on show barcode, give the pin.
    09-13-13 02:59 PM
    Just trust me my friend. Do this:

1. Download the .1443 leak: http://goo.gl/5hR2YK
    2. While you're waiting for it to download do a full backup of your Z10(s).
    3. Once it finishes backing up, remove any microSD cards you have.
    4. Put the phone in Airplane mode to turn off all radios.
    5. Install the .1443 leak.
    6. Set up your phone again and put in all accounts fresh. Don't restore from the backup, that's just in case 10.2 doesn't work.
    7. If all seems good, put the microSD card back in the Z10.

If for any reason it doesn't work? Choose "reload device software" and then restore the backup.

Cool im in the middle of this process now...Wish me luck..lol
    09-13-13 07:54 PM
    Replace your sim card

The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author, publisher, distributor and provider provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide. Neither the Publisher nor Author shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from use of this guide. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.
    09-13-13 07:59 PM
    I find your comment ignorance at best..A troll, really?
    Ignore him. Some people here like to accuse people of being trolls if they say anything bad about BlackBerry even if there's a valid issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:47 PM
    I'm betting that Gnomesane's suggestion fixed the problem. If it doesn't I would suggest heading over to a Rogers store to replace the sim. If the problem persists I'd say it's a hardware failure in the phone.

Again I'm optimistic, and I'm sure we'll see a post from tfb4me soon to say all is well.

Troll ya later.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 05:31 AM
    Oh, and the easiest way to find your pin # is to type "mypin" without the quotes and then hit the space bar in any text field. You will see your pin instantly

Nice I did not know that

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 06:20 AM
    Hope the OP got things working, there seems to be a large variance in experiences for some people, my 3 months with the Zed have been great.

In regards to tech support, keep calling back till you find someone that knows what they're talking about, hopefully it won't take too long.

Rogers Z10-stl100-3, 10.1.0.4181
    09-14-13 11:44 AM
    Hello all..Just a quick report, that all is well and yes Gnomesane's solution did indeed work! Thanks so much to you all that offered any thoughts..Love this site..one thing thats not working and its not the end of the world is the Facebook app.. it doesn't show up in the hub and its not in the accounts setup menu..Anyone know where I can find it so I can set it up? When I hit the fackbook app it says it need to re log in then the screen just goes blank white
    09-14-13 05:26 PM
    Hello all..Just a quick report, that all is well and yes Gnomesane's solution did indeed work! Thanks so much to you all that offered any thoughts..Love this site..one thing thats not working and its not the end of the world is the Facebook app.. it doesn't show up in the hub and its not in the accounts setup menu..Anyone know where I can find it so I can set it up? When I hit the fackbook app it says it need to re log in then the screen just goes blank white
    09-14-13 05:34 PM
    You need to go into settings then into Account and re-setup your Facebook account

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-14-13 09:41 PM
    You need to go into settings then into Account and re-setup your Facebook account

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Ya i tried that but it doesnt show in the account or even in the advanced area..
    09-16-13 06:02 PM
70 123