Okay, I do not quite understand these instructions about sideloading through a third party app contributor like amazon. This is what I am reading on the forum:

"Perhaps the easiest way to find Android apps is with the use of a third-party app store like Amazon or 1Mobile. Just head to the respective link, install the app store APK and browse away. These app stores have loads of popular free apps and making finding what you want a breeze."

But, I cannot get the Appstore APK to install for some reason and it won't let me convert it to BAR. Another problem, some of the apps require Google Play Services (particularly Weatherbug Elite), and when I install Google Play it literally opens and then closes. It is no help what so ever lol

I was wondering if there was a Sideloaded Google Play Store App that has been proven to work for someone and how to install the Amazon apps step by step.

This is a lot of questions in one post, so don't laugh at my lack of knowledge for these things! lol
    02-04-14 12:21 PM
    If you're on 10.2.1 there's no reason for the .BAR conversion. You should be able to install APK files directly, so it seems your Android player is not working correctly. With that being the case, there is no 100% way for everyone to get it working. You'll need to look through this thread and try a few things - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-898016/
    dollface likes this.
    02-04-14 12:25 PM
    When I tried to upload APK, I got a message saying "failure 500 'Package-Id'"
    02-04-14 12:40 PM
    Not sure if this may be the problem, but is everyone turning on Developer Mode
    in Security settings?
    I put any apk file in downloads folder, turn on Developer Mode, use File Manager to
    navigate to folder, click the file, puts it right in. Also use the Snap app, works better
    for me than iMobile app.

When I tried to upload APK, I got a message saying "failure 500 'Package-Id'"
    Barljo likes this.
    02-04-14 01:47 PM
    Not sure if this may be the problem, but is everyone turning on Developer Mode
    in Security settings?
    I put any apk file in downloads folder, turn on Developer Mode, use File Manager to
    navigate to folder, click the file, puts it right in. Also use the Snap app, works better
    for me than iMobile app.
    You don't need to turn on Developer Mode" to install. Apk (Android apps).

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and DLewis13 like this.
    02-04-14 01:57 PM
    Thanks, been a bit since I installed an apk from phone. Appreciate the clarification.
    02-04-14 02:42 PM
    Okay, so let me ask this question! What is the latest software that came out with blackberry? I am running 10.2.1.537
    02-04-14 04:33 PM
    Okay, so let me ask this question! What is the latest software that came out with blackberry? I am running 10.2.1.537
    That is the latest.
    02-04-14 05:02 PM
    There is. Thread on the app Snap. It does have to be side loaded but then you can use the Google store

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 05:54 PM
    Okay, I do not quite understand these instructions about sideloading through a third party app contributor like amazon. This is what I am reading on the forum:

"Perhaps the easiest way to find Android apps is with the use of a third-party app store like Amazon or 1Mobile. Just head to the respective link, install the app store APK and browse away. These app stores have loads of popular free apps and making finding what you want a breeze."

But, I cannot get the Appstore APK to install for some reason and it won't let me convert it to BAR. Another problem, some of the apps require Google Play Services (particularly Weatherbug Elite), and when I install Google Play it literally opens and then closes. It is no help what so ever lol

I was wondering if there was a Sideloaded Google Play Store App that has been proven to work for someone and how to install the Amazon apps step by step.

This is a lot of questions in one post, so don't laugh at my lack of knowledge for these things! lol
    No longer need to side load, just download directly.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-04-14 06:20 PM
    Snap seems to be a lot better than the Amazon store. I would recommend installing Snap. Better interface and newer applications.
    Sideloading Through Amazon-img_20140204_192500.png

moniq02 likes this.
    02-04-14 06:26 PM
    I couldn't get Snap and the other things to load either - tried following the instructions in these threads, but nothing would load.
    Go to www.1mobile.com on your browser.
    Download "1Mobile Market " on the right hand side of the page.
    This installs an app in the Z10.
    Open the app and download whatever, just like in BlackBerry World.
    sam :-)

Posted via CB10
    moniq02 likes this.
    02-05-14 12:09 AM
    Snap seems to be a lot better than the Amazon store. I would recommend installing Snap. Better interface and newer applications.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140204_192500.png 
Views:	386 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	244972

How and where do I get Snap App from?
    02-05-14 01:33 PM
    How and where do I get Snap App from?
    http://crackberry.com/snap-google-pl...10-updated-v20

02-05-14 04:21 PM
    Thank you everyone.
    I had loaded the newest OS 10.2.1 on Day one of release and have been trying ever since to load Android apps with no success. First I tried the AppStore approach and got 'Parse errors' , then reloaded Appstore (many many times) taking into consideration the many tips and tricks from the Forums and got rid of the 'Parce Error" and ended up with the endless app loading message. So today, tried the 1Mobile Market app, the 1Mobile download quickly and then loaded my first Android App....ahhhhhh back to the Parce error. Finally I said WTH and followed the SNAP-Google side-loading process (see link above). Yes, working with my desktop and Z10 together, followed the instructions, went into Z10 Development mode and with a little adjustment here and there, got it side-loaded. The final step was to load the SNAP app and try it out. Well folks, SNAP loaded fine and my first two apps loaded perfectly. I will however note, the first App took a little long to load but, the second was a SNAP.
    If you want to load Android apps on your Z10 go for SNAP - it works........
    02-05-14 11:59 PM