Hi guys just wanted to find out if anyone else is having this problem.

I did a security wipe on my z10 yesterday and tried side loading android apps on to it but all of them are crashing now. the ones which previously worked are crashing too.

any ideas??

earlier when i load android apps they used to open but now there is a blackberry logo like the one when you play android apps on playbook and then it crashes
    03-20-13 03:51 PM
    I seem to be having the same problem. Any help with solving this issue is highly appreciated here.
    04-13-13 02:04 PM
    Well the problem seems to be generally when the phone is low on charge. Charge it full and try again. If the problem persist then the only solution is to do a full security wipe. Do not do a back up and restore it from a back up if u do u ll get the problems back again.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:01 PM
    Lol funny how the person asking the question is the only one answering it. I'll help with a bump

I hope I never have to do a wipe. I must have 25 or more ports.
    04-15-13 03:16 PM
    Some android apps are or could crash your system. I experience this allready on the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:28 PM
    I had this happen to me, and it happened to be cause of the android app I loaded, once I deleted it everything was fine.
    04-15-13 04:26 PM
    They aren't designed for BB10. What could we have ever really hoped for? Starting to become a buzkill.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:35 PM
    Haven't had a single problem with any of my 25+ Android sideloads.. Which ones I use daily you ask?

Whatsapp
    Flipboard
    VLC direct
    Netflix
    Toronto star
    N VIEWER to watch my cctv cameras

Those are daily drivers for me that I put a lot of time into each day, the rest are games and dumb stuff I really don't need.

And to be honest with you guys, I wouldn't even own a Z10 if android apps didn't work. I've been blackberry for years but I need apps for my business as I sell cctv cameras and prior to Z10 they wouldn't work on any blackberry device for testing and selling

It was Z10 with android ports or a SG4, so obviously I made the smart move
    04-15-13 05:11 PM
    Lol funny how the person asking the question is the only one answering it. I'll help with a bump

I hope I never have to do a wipe. I must have 25 or more ports.
    Well this happened to me when I first got the phone....and I posted this then...dint get much help from anywhere so started tinkering finding out what could be wrong. It took me 2 security wipes to realise that I shouldn't load the back up from link.

Make sure ur android ports bar files are in a backup folder u never know when you are going to need it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:21 AM
    Well this happened to me when I first got the phone....and I posted this then...dint get much help from anywhere so started tinkering finding out what could be wrong. It took me 2 security wipes to realise that I shouldn't load the back up from link.

Make sure ur android ports bar files are in a backup folder u never know when you are going to need it.

Posted via CB10
    True, somehow I got good ports for my sideloads, I've only had 1 or 2 bad versions, but just tried different ones.

One thing I always wonder is why legitimate question threads and informative threads get the least attention, whereas the opposite attention hungry threads get the most feedback. That's online media these days
    aryan77 likes this.
    04-17-13 08:01 PM
    One thing I always wonder is why legitimate question threads and informative threads get the least attention, whereas the opposite attention hungry threads get the most feedback. That's online media these days
    So true.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:01 PM
    For me it was really the backup. Once I didn't restore it anymore, Android apps were working again (= right after th wipe).
    04-18-13 02:55 AM
    Im having the same problem !!! i have a ,Were you able to restore the data after getting the Android apps working though ?
    04-28-13 11:39 PM
    First you need to do a full security wipe of the device don't back up, then reinstall all the Android apps. They work seamlessly after that

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:45 AM
    First you need to do a full security wipe of the device don't back up, then reinstall all the Android apps. They work seamlessly after that

Posted via CB10
    The problem is mainly restoring 'Application data'. You can restore 'Settings' and 'Media' backups and your Android ports would run without any issue. The solution is not to restore 'Application data'.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-01-13 07:34 AM