Works great! As teostar mentioned, you can't access browser settings. Now to figure out how to migrate my favorites. Anyone know where they are located or how to access them sans browser?
    06-11-13 09:54 PM
    I tried it (thanks OP for providing the bar), but now I can't seem to uninstall it. Has anyone else tried that yet? I use the chrome extension to sideload apps onto my z10.
    06-11-13 10:20 PM
    You can uninstall with vnbb10. You should be able to with the chrome extension as well. You can't delete the icon to uninstall because it is technically a system app.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:36 PM
    I tried it (thanks OP for providing the bar), but now I can't seem to uninstall it. Has anyone else tried that yet? I use the chrome extension to sideload apps onto my z10.
    u tried using the chrome extension to remove it?
    06-11-13 10:38 PM
    You can uninstall with vnbb10. You should be able to with the chrome extension as well. You can't delete the icon to uninstall because it is technically a system app.

Posted via CB10
    I tried the chrome extension, but I get this error message:

Uninstall sys.airBrowser: failure 535 permanent
    Info: Action: Uninstall
    Info: Uninstalling gYABgJNqmy8KntTsWvKLrB8Hawc...
    Info: Processing 0 bytes
    actual_dname::
    actual_id::
    actual_version::
    result::failure 535 permanent

Any thoughts? If there's a way to do it with the Chrome extension that will save me the trouble of installing java (yuck) for vnbb10 to run, then that'd be great
    06-11-13 10:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    vnBB10 does not seem to be able to remove this app...not a biggie but I guess people should be aware before they install. I also sideloaded the Bing bar just to try it, does not work, and also cannot be removed.
    06-11-13 10:45 PM
    yup, I just tried as well. It seems that the bb10 OS on the device reads this as a system app, and doesn't allow the removal of the app via the chrome extension or vnbb10.

You live, you learn.
    06-11-13 10:49 PM
    yup, I just tried as well. It seems that the bb10 OS on the device reads this as a system app, and doesn't allow the removal of the app via the chrome extension or vnbb10.

You live, you learn.
    Indeed I just tossed both icons into a PlayBook apps folder. The browser app I will reuse in the future, but the Bing app is useless. It does not load the maps (though it does get the location via the GPS just fine, go figure) and it launches the browser for some odd reason.

Edit: I also have the Browser BAR extracted from PBOS 2.1.0.1526 if anyone wants it. However, please keep in mind that this BAR would overwrite your system browser (you can restore it easily using vnBB10 or Sachibar if you have the latest upgrade image downloaded).
    06-11-13 10:52 PM
    Indeed I just tossed both icons into a PlayBook apps folder. The browser app I will reuse in the future, but the Bing app is useless. It does not load the maps (though it does get the location via the GPS just fine, go figure) and it launches the browser for some odd reason.

Edit: I also have the Browser BAR extracted from PBOS 2.1.0.1526 if anyone wants it. However, please keep in mind that this BAR would overwrite your system browser (you can restore it easily using vnBB10 or Sachibar if you have the latest upgrade image downloaded).
    Please post the bar

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:04 PM
    I'm updating the first post with a warning that the app can't be deleted. Sorry to those of you that learned the hard way.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:05 PM
    Please post the bar

Posted via CB10
    I'll do it shortly. It does not format to the screen as nicely as the Air Browser as it was not meant for the format/resolution of the Z10, however, it works It also has settings and other stuff available form the stock PlayBook browser. As I said though, it does overwrite the default system browser on BB10 OS so you have to be real careful with it if you don't know what you are doing and/or are not ready to potentially have to wipe your whole device should something really go sour.
    06-11-13 11:13 PM
    Awww gotta be kidding me, how do I uninstall it now? I see no use for it now, it's definitely a good plus but not for me to stop with the default browser, it doesn't even have options :S

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:24 PM
    Awww gotta be kidding me, how do I uninstall it now? I see no use for it now, it's definitely a good plus but not for me to stop with the default browser, it doesn't even have options :S

Posted via CB10
    You don't lol...not without running an autoloader Don't worry about it, just toss it into a PB apps folder. Soon enough there will be a new leak and then you can run the autoloader.

Edit: Actually, you can do it, if you follow the loosely written instructions posted here in the last post but it is a PITA http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...em-app-755905/
    06-11-13 11:34 PM
    I can confirm that a security wipe will get rid of the Air Browser. It may be a hassle to reload all your accounts and sideloaded apps, but I just tried the security wipe to see if it would work and it did.

I did it via the Q10.
    06-11-13 11:54 PM
    Here is the link to the PB browser BAR from PBOS 2.1.0.1526 https://www.box.com/s/p2b5u7qh0wlhr5qpzb85

WARNING: Please keep in mind that this BAR will overwrite your BB10 system browser (you can restore it easily using vnBB10 or Sachibar if you have the latest upgrade image downloaded). Don't come crying to me or anyone else if you nuke your OS and don't know how to get it back up and running You install this at your own risk!
    zeratul65535 likes this.
    06-12-13 12:48 AM
    I can confirm that a security wipe will get rid of the Air Browser. It may be a hassle to reload all your accounts and sideloaded apps, but I just tried the security wipe to see if it would work and it did.

I did it via the Q10.
    Thank you. I updated the first post.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 06:19 AM
41 12