I have folders of accidental pictures. I call people many times a day. This is just unacceptable.

There has to be a way to be able to customize that menu. Or do a special swipe to open the phone dialer and a special swipe for the camera. Let us turn that bottom row that has come to us from. The 5th circle of hell off. !!!

And this 25 list of things needed didn't even include blocking calls and texts.

I've never owned any smart phone except blackberry. I want this company to succeed so much but when they can't get just basic stuff the other phones can do it makes it so frustrating.

It is possible to be loyal to BlackBerry and love BlackBerry but be furious at them for not making the phone be able to do what the others can do.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:28 AM
    Position right hand plus thumb near centre of screen. This is manageable... by repositioning the way you hold it. I've had maybe one accidental call in the entire year I've had my Z10. Accidental pics ?? Huh

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-21-14 12:33 AM
    Seriously I get 5 pics a day. If I'm holding my device it's ok. But when I go to set it down or flip it to put in holster is usually when the chaos happens.

If people like the bottom row of icons that's great. I just wish they'd give an option to turn it off. Maybe have to go into the hub to access the phone. And maybe repurpose the middle button to open the camera.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:55 AM
    I'm not sure if it does what you're looking for, but have you tried the parental control?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:01 AM
    I absolutely agree, here.

Coming from a feature phone with physical buttons, in addition to what the original poster said; I am having a hard time getting accustomed to the way I have to carefully cradle the phone like a little bird, while in a call, in order to avoid accidently grazing the screen and that way terminating the call, or something else.

"You're holding it wrong", is an argument I remember from "antennagate" and not something I'm inclined to listen to -- devices serve us, not the other way around.

It IS unfortunate having to add extra "fiddling" to an interface, but when the direct accessibility becomes an even greater element of fiddling, in itself, with unintended actions that you have to back out of...

How? Don't know -- maybe things like an option to require double-taps to launch something...
    FF22 and vgorous like this.
    03-21-14 01:50 AM
    I'll give that a try. I cut some squares if electrical tape and out it over the phone, search, and camera icons. Other than. Looking like a redneck it does the job.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-21-14 01:51 AM
    Try parental controls should be ways to disable camera at least.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-21-14 12:14 PM