I went by local Verizon outlet and showed him my Z10 with android apps. He says, "oh, you side loaded them?" I told him no, now I can load them directly with android run time included on new OS. He says,wow. I didn't know that was possible.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 12:49 PM
    Good show. But the reps lack of knowledge does not surprise me.
    03-28-14 12:52 PM
    Good show. But the reps lack of knowledge does not surprise me.
    They know as much as their "social network" tells them... unless over ridden by some with actual knowledge. Their friends are basically headless apps...
    03-28-14 01:14 PM
    Had BBRY let then know it's possible?
    03-28-14 01:16 PM
    Also just went by my carrier t-mobile and told them I had a z10. They go, BlackBerry is going away,would you want an upgrade? I told them, why upgrade when I can run android and BlackBerry apps. On this. Do you sell a phone that can match that? Of course not. I did not think so.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 01:34 PM
    Also just went by my carrier t-mobile and told them I had a z10. They go, BlackBerry is going away,would you want an upgrade? I told them, why upgrade when I can run android and BlackBerry apps. On this. Do you sell a phone that can match that? Of course not. I did not think so.

Posted via CB10
    Should have asked "Do you guys have the Z30 for me to upgrade?".
    03-28-14 01:38 PM
    Good show!

You should quit your job and pay for the gas & transportation to go store-to-store across America showing highschool dropout salespeople that Blackberry can do what all their other phones can do - just NOT any better!

Maybe you'll run out of money and caring before Blackberry does - both ventures are equally as profitable.
    03-28-14 01:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. if they didn't laugh at you, they were being polite.
    03-28-14 02:09 PM
    Good show!

You should quit your job and pay for the gas & transportation to go store-to-store across America showing highschool dropout salespeople that Blackberry can do what all their other phones can do - just NOT any better!

Maybe you'll run out of money and caring before Blackberry does - both ventures are equally as profitable.
    Wow you are a good motivator. Why put down someone for doing what they can?

What happened to "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it "?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 02:11 PM
    Whatever happened to free speech? Who said I had to coddle somebody and motivate them? Should there be some hand holding too?

Grow up.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    03-28-14 02:16 PM
    But did you also tell him that you had to sideload Snap, Amazon Market or other third-party Play Stores to download the android apps directly?

Obviously the Android runtime isn't going to help sell phones so this is a false sense of success IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-28-14 02:28 PM
    It is a great feature.

With that said, it is just my Z10 or do the Android apps take a long time to load? Heck, I'm glad they load- I don't want to complain - but on my phone they certainly don't open quickly.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 03:24 PM
    Had BBRY let then know it's possible?
    Why are you here?

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-28-14 03:30 PM
    Why are you here?
    To learn.

It's a simple question... I don't understand why it infuriates you Why should salespeople know about apk loading if BBRY doesn't advertise itself?
    MERCDROID and mkelley65 like this.
    03-28-14 03:45 PM
    But did you also tell him that you had to sideload Snap, Amazon Market or other third-party Play Stores to download the android apps directly?

Obviously the Android runtime isn't going to help sell phones so this is a false sense of success IMO.
    Exactly. LOL.
    03-28-14 03:46 PM
    Bbry really needs to embed snap or three own version in th os. In order to benefit today you still have to side load

It think it should be in 10.3

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 04:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Only snap needs sideload, the rest are direct install

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-28-14 05:05 PM
    By the way, T-Mobile and Verizon were visited in the same mall complex. So since I was there anyway, it was not a big deal.

And they knew about side loading. So I told them that side loading had not been done in my case. And I did tell them that I used a third-party app store.

And I know that doing this solved nothing. I just wanted them to know that I currently continue to be pleased with my device.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:55 PM
    To learn.

It's a simple question... I don't understand why it infuriates you Why should salespeople know about apk loading if BBRY doesn't advertise itself?
    Homework on a product they should may or do carry. If they cared about their customers and their jobs they would do the homework of all capabilities and know. Since they don't........kinda shows how valuable their opinion is worth to customers right?

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    03-28-14 09:13 PM
    Homework on a product they should may or do carry. If they cared about their customers and their jobs they would do the homework of all capabilities and know. Since they don't........kinda shows how valuable their opinion is worth to customers right?

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    They'll sell what they feel they can push, though. And I don't think even BBRY wants carrier store staff talking about sideloading. It opens up a can of worms IMHO.
    03-28-14 09:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    The only one that needs side loaded is snap. The rest all install from browser.

Posted via CB10
    Boight and mkelley65 like this.
    03-29-14 02:44 AM
    The only one that needs side loaded is snap. The rest all install from browser.
    Posted via CB10
    Thought I'd just repost this as someone above hasn't figured out that sideloading is a thing of the past. Except for Snap.
    03-29-14 08:50 AM
    Doesn't work all the time. There is the Parsing error that hasn't been solved.
    03-29-14 08:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    there are other app stores out there where you dont need to sideload anything you can install right from your phone no cpu. needed
    03-29-14 08:59 AM
    Mind sharing those?
    03-29-14 09:08 AM
27 12