Hi everyone,
    Past weekend I picked up my Z10 from T-Mobile store in Nijmegen (Netherlands). Their is a question i have regarding branding of the phone. As i have been told at the T-Mobile store phone is unlocked, but still when i reboot it i see whole screen light up with T-Mobile logo. And what even more strange, at least it seems to me, that i have "Retail Display Mode" switch in display settings:
    System Settings -> Display -> Advanced - on this screen i can "Reset to Carrier Wallpaper" and enable/disable "Retail Display Mode".

Well i guess what i'm trying to ask is - should these "retail" functionality be on the consumer device at all? Or T-Mobile has sold me device that they have been using as demo at their stores?
    04-10-13 07:27 AM
    This functionality is on my LE, my White Rogers device, and my Black AT&T Z10. I believe it is just built into the OS, like the PlayBook OS retail display.

And welcome to CB!
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-10-13 07:41 AM
    As Sith said, this retail mode is built into all the z10s from what i have seen. Its on my unlocked z10 as well.
    04-10-13 07:43 AM
    Agree with Sith....my Bell Canada Z10 has the same settings
    04-10-13 07:43 AM
    Yeah, I can only make guesses on something like this.

I know carriers get some amount of control over the OS software package. The retail delay mode may be included in the software package.

What it sounds like is maybe having bought it from T-Mobile, it's come pre installed with the T-Mobile software. This doesn't mean it was a floor model, I don't think. But I'm not sure. :s

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:44 AM
    All normal. I believe the splash screen changes with the installed SIM.
    04-10-13 07:45 AM
    Thnx everyone for you replays. It still feels strange to have "retail" options backed into phone software.
    @KidCaboose Thing is that i have not a single T-Mobile specific application on my phone, at least not visible ones. Maybe they have hidden some things that run on background an send some info back to T-Mobile, but it would seem inappropriate. One of the reasons i have chosen BB over other makers was reputation of BB - protect privacy of their clients.
    04-10-13 07:49 AM
    Thnx everyone for you replays. It still feels strange to have "retail" options backed into phone software.
    @KidCaboose Thing is that i have not a single T-Mobile specific application on my phone, at least not visible ones. Maybe they have hidden some things that run on background an send some info back to T-Mobile, but it would seem inappropriate. One of the reasons i have chosen BB over other makers was reputation of BB - protect privacy of their clients.
    I don't think the carrier software package necessarily contains apps, rather services and settings. Maybe check your software version with other T-Mobile customers, see if it's just the current software installed on any T-Mobile phone.

Settings/About/Category OS/Software Release.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:18 AM