After the news of blackberry selling up by November one thing is sure no new apps or software updates coming after 10.2. Should I keep or sell off my z10 which I bought 2 days back

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 09:27 PM
    After the news of blackberry selling up by November one thing is sure no new apps or software updates coming after 10.2. Should I keep or sell off my z10 which I bought 2 days back

Posted via CB10
    What does that have to do with anything though? The question to ask yourself is: "Why did I buy this device two days ago?"
    From there, if the phone does everything you want it to do right now, then you are just fine.
    kaizvn, robkd, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    09-04-13 09:29 PM
    i really don't foresee them abandoning all current devices.
    09-04-13 09:30 PM
    My honest advice....if you weren't 100% sure about your purchase, just take it back. On the other hand, If you can't see yourself using any other device being offered right now then why not stick it out?
    robkd likes this.
    09-04-13 09:35 PM
    I love the bb10 experience but it's not perfect and the keyboard is awesome and I really want this to improve in to a very stable OS and as far as apps goes I can sideload them as 10.2 will be supporting jelly bean runtime but what makes me more sad that we will not get any updates after 10.2

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 09:38 PM
    Why does everyone assume a sale means blackberry completely disappears? There's dozens of possibilities...maybe the "sale" everyone is talking about is simply to Prem and his consortium to take it private.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-04-13 09:40 PM
    Have had mine since release. If you like it and it accomplishes what you need it to keep it. If not take it back. Comes down to personal preference and what your communication needs are. I switch back and forth between my Z10 and my GS4. Both fit my bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-04-13 09:41 PM
    Like I said the issue here is for any platform to be loved it needs to be supported. Even a dead platform like symbian gets support from Nokia when Google changes YouTube servers. So we can sideload apps but can we expect anything after 10.2

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 09:44 PM
    Get rid of it. Like the PlayBook it will not be supported over the 3 year service cycle. Wait until November and re purchase if it looks good then.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 09:54 PM
    keep it, it's a great phone!
    09-04-13 09:58 PM
    That's just silly. In a way it is consumers like u who will decide the fade of the company. Granted BlackBerry sucks at marketing but give them credit for having made a decently good phone.

I'm not saying it is an obligation but, just give the company a chance won't you! I'm not just saying this because I'm an oblivious fan. I want them to succeed because as a consumer I want more choices in the market besides the duopoly.

And I think this is an awesome phone so you won't be missing out on anything. Worst case scenario I could really live with the current built for the next few years to come....

I think they did try e the PlayBook it just didn't work out technologically. You can expect everything to go your way all the time!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:00 PM
    Well, there's 50-50 chance it could go the Palm way or Nokia way, I'd personally would return it.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:04 PM
    Return it, your a *****
    Why you'd want to return a great phone is beyond me.
    What a pathetic post
    der_mit likes this.
    09-04-13 10:13 PM
    I am confused as I really love the device more than any smartphone I have used and I really want them to build on the great operating system they have created and I want software updates for my z10 at lease for a year.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:13 PM
    I am confused as I really love the device more than any smartphone I have used and I really want them to build on the great operating system they have created and I want software updates for my z10 at lease for a year.

Posted via CB10
    You have your answer... keep the phone.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 and robkd like this.
    09-04-13 10:15 PM
    If your are content with the phone and it does everything you want it to do then keep it. Although the news gives an estimated time frame there is no certainty it will happen during that time period. A complete sale of Blackberry doesn't necessarily mean that the phones/brand will go extinct. A

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:16 PM
    Why can't you decide this on your own? You're going to get varying opinions, I just don't see the point in asking this on a forum.
    digtech likes this.
    09-04-13 10:16 PM
    No. Don't.

- aBBuser on CB10
    andymurraylover likes this.
    09-04-13 10:18 PM
    Well it must've been suitable prior to purchase otherwise you wouldn't have purchased it!.. can't let a couple rumors ruin a great device. If it does what you need it to... keep it for as long as this is true.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:22 PM
    I still don't know why BB is going to sell company.
    BB is good at all, and only iOS can compare with BB10 and Z10, Q10 are high-class smartphones in both design and build.
    I keep my mind that it's just a rumor.
    09-04-13 10:22 PM
    BB is good at all, and only iOS can compare with BB10 and Z10, Q10 are high-class smartphones in both design and build.
    Because its better to hand it over to competent people before more layoffs happen.... I'm hoping a positive sell happens not a negative kill 10k jobs sell and the company...

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:25 PM
    I've been staring for the last hour and your damn profile picture never finished loading! >:O lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-04-13 10:28 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    yes. most definitely you should sell it.

wait: no.

hold on.

maybe.

yes, definitely you should maybe return it.

unless you wanna keep it.

ugh, i dunno. maybe you should think about it.

i know! let's start another thread and ask someone else.

hey! hey! hey you! crackberry genius guy! should this dude return his phone because the interwebz are abuzz with this whack talk about something earth-shattering...no, no, not syria. pfffft. i'm talking about the "news" that blackberry is coming to an end and all that glory is gonna dry up in a heart-beat minute because that heinz57 ceo is looking to sell or something...yeah, this guy says for sure no new apps or software updates are coming after 10.2 so he's looking for advice. should this guy sell his phone or keep it? oh, that's your answer? funny, that's what i said too...

i know! let's go start another threa..........

(it's called humor. don't take it personally.)
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    09-04-13 10:47 PM
    yes. most definitely you should sell it.

wait: no.

hold on.

maybe.

yes, definitely you should maybe return it.

unless you wanna keep it.

ugh, i dunno. maybe you should think about it.

i know! let's start another thread and ask someone else.

hey! hey! hey you! crackberry genius guy! should this dude return his phone because the interwebz are abuzz with this whack talk about something earth-shattering...no, no, not syria. pfffft. i'm talking about the "news" that blackberry is coming to an end and all that glory is gonna dry up in a heart-beat minute because that heinz57 ceo is looking to sell or something...yeah, this guy says for sure no new apps or software updates are coming after 10.2 so he's looking for advice. should this guy sell his phone or keep it? oh, that's your answer? funny, that's what i said too...

i know! let's go start another threa..........

(it's called humor. don't take it personally.)
    I admire your humor.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:50 PM
67 123