I noticed today that AT&T is finally pushing out an update (10.3.1.1779). I'm currently running 10.2 and my phone is running perfectly. Have been looking forward to 10.3 but reading posts here on crack berry has me worried about bugs. So, who got experience with 1779? What do you think??

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:37 AM
    My Passport is running 10.3.1.1581, and I'm experiencing flickering and battery issues.
    I'd update in a heartbeat, but it doesn't appear to be available yet on my phone.

If you're happy in 10.2, I'd sit tight and give it a couple of weeks until you hear from quite a few people about the update. If it's just now available, it might take a while to start getting feedback.
    04-17-15 09:04 AM
    Don't think that's an at&t update. Not that it likely matters. Are you on an unbranded phone? My unbranded Z10 running on T-mo got this a while ago. I did not install because I would kill WFC, so no feedback here.
    04-17-15 09:55 AM
    .1779 has been available for a while if I wanted to use an autoloader but I always wait for the carrier to push it. By AT&T update, I mean AT&T just pushed it to my phone. It is unbranded but has an AT&T sim in it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:56 AM
    .1779 has been available for a while if I wanted to use an autoloader but I always wait for the carrier to push it. By AT&T update, I mean AT&T just pushed it to my phone. It is unbranded but has an AT&T sim in it.

Posted via CB10
    Not an at&t push, Carrier updates are pushed by IMEI # not SIM.
    04-17-15 11:30 AM
    Anyway... 10.3.1.1779, doesn't matter where it came from. anybody got experience with it? Bugs I should be aware of?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 12:07 PM
    If you're an AT&T customer, then AT&T pushed any update you're getting.
    I've been begging for them to release an update, so I'm glad to hear this news. Will let you know, whenever it comes to my phone.
    (Mine is unlocked too, but on the AT&T network.)

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 12:12 PM
    SR1779 is fairly stable for the Z10. Most serious reported problems affect Z30s and Passports. I ran that SR on my Z10 with no issues. The improvement over 10.2.1 is astonishing. It makes my Z10 feel like a new phone. I wouldn't pass on it.

Posted via CB10
    Mohsin Ashfaq likes this.
    04-17-15 12:15 PM
    Tim- I didn't get a notification but when I hut check for updates, it was there. Might try that.

Yeeman- thanks for your input. That's the info I was looking for.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 12:45 PM
    :-)
    I sometimes check several times a day.

Tim- I didn't get a notification but when I hut check for updates, it was there. Might try that.

Yeeman- thanks for your input. That's the info I was looking for.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:43 PM
    If you're an AT&T customer, then AT&T pushed any update you're getting.

(Mine is unlocked too, but on the AT&T network.)
    That is incorrect. You will only get an at&t OS if you have a branded at&t phone. Otherwise you are getting it pushed from somewhere else. There is currently zero indication on the at&t forum that at&t has pushed an official OS. It does not matter if you are running an at&t SIM. If you are running -- for example -- a Shop BBerry unlocked phone, you will get the OS from BBerry. Does it matter? Not on at&t. But I got the BBerry update on my shop bberry Z10 (running on T-mo) and it will kill wifi-calling.
    04-17-15 07:03 PM
    You're wrong. If your connected to the AT&T network all software updates have to be pushed out by AT&T. Even if you have a factory unlocked. While there is a workaround (reboot the phone without the sim in it and check for updates over wifi) I didn't use it. My phone hasn't been powered on without the sim in it. Therefore this update was most certainly pushed out by AT&T.

For everyone else, I installed the update and am enjoying it so far. Haven't noticed any bugs. But will take some time getting used to small interface changes.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:33 PM
    You're wrong. If your connected to the AT&T network all software updates have to be pushed out by AT&T. Even if you have a factory unlocked. While there is a workaround (reboot the phone without the sim in it and check for updates over wifi) I didn't use it. My phone hasn't been powered on without the sim in it. Therefore this update was most certainly pushed out by AT&T.

For everyone else, I installed the update and am enjoying it so far. Haven't noticed any bugs. But will take some time getting used to small interface changes.

Posted via CB10
    That's not true. But if you want to believe it you can. The SIM in or out has nothing to do with it. Why did I (and many others) get an OTA update to 2.1.3442 and then to 3.1.1779 (which does not even work on T-Mo) on unbranded phones and our branded phones got neither? If at&t is pushing OTA updates, why are they still asking for a date on the update on the at&t forum?

It's really simple: in North America (and perhaps other places) updates are pushed according to IMEI. At&t has their branded phones' IMEIs in their data base. They will push to only those. That's why people who came over to T-mo from Rogers were surprised to get a Roger's update (even with the T-mo SIM) which killed their wifi-calling... thinking it came from T-mo If you have a branded at&t phone you will not get their update until they release it. And, they have not. So... for the rest of you, that's the deal.
    04-17-15 09:38 PM
    So your telling me my unlocked blackberry z10 stl100-3 from at&t running a t mobile sim card can download the 10.3 update yea righhht

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:11 PM
    This update is working fine on my Z10 except for some known bugs (hotspot etc)

Via CB10 using Z10
    04-18-15 10:59 AM
    Works for me, couple of bugs though, I can't make the keyboard feedback completely silent, very annoying, and the phone continues to vibrate for a short time when I have answered a call.

Both known issues even with later build numbers I understand too.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    04-18-15 11:55 AM
    Sorry, but you're wrong. I have had multiple chats with both BlackBerry and AT&T support.
    My phone is unlocked, but on the AT&T network. The updates are being pushed by AT&T.

That is incorrect. You will only get an at&t OS if you have a branded at&t phone. Otherwise you are getting it pushed from somewhere else. There is currently zero indication on the at&t forum that at&t has pushed an official OS. It does not matter if you are running an at&t SIM. If you are running -- for example -- a Shop BBerry unlocked phone, you will get the OS from BBerry. Does it matter? Not on at&t. But I got the BBerry update on my shop bberry Z10 (running on T-mo) and it will kill wifi-calling.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 03:58 PM
    I just got the update.

Here is a link to the release notes:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...bRs80VUYAozfcA

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 04:00 PM
    Interestingly, if you do a search of release notes, you can see that there's an additional update that addresses some issues related to this release.

I did a quick read of the document. Looks like the flickering issue is addressed, as well as some battery usage issues.

I'm hopeful that this will be a noticeable improvement.

No problems yet, but it has been less than an hour. :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 04:04 PM
    I've been running it since yesterday. It acts a little funny when switching between calls but noting major. Other than that it seems great.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 05:36 PM
    A bunch of my contact disappeared last night. Did a hard reset and got them back. A little worried about this..

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:46 AM
    Sorry, but you're wrong. I have had multiple chats with both BlackBerry and AT&T support.
    My phone is unlocked, but on the AT&T network. The updates are being pushed by AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, really? Once again, this is incorrect. At&t has NOT released their carrier version of the new update, despite what you are told. If you don't believe me, read this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/t-f68/w...10-3-a-924189/

Customers with branded AT&T phones are the only ones who will receive the official carrier update. And no one with a branded phone has received the update. Unbranded (and of course, unlocked) phones will not. Their update comes from Blackberry.

Does it matter? It does on T-Mo where the update I received on my unbranded phone will pooch wifi-calling. My branded phone has yet to receive an update. That's because t-mo -- when they get their update (?) -- will only push it to branded phones.
    Last edited by scrannel; 04-19-15 at 07:24 PM.
    04-19-15 10:02 AM
    My Z10 seems to be getting really hot since I installed 10.3. I had occasionally noticed this before but it seems to be happening more often and getting even hotter than before. Is this something I should be worried about? Any way to fix it?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:52 PM
    All I can tell you is that BlackBerry has been emphatic that my updates would be coming from AT&T, not BlackBerry and interestingly, shortly after it was announced that this specific update seemed to be rolling out to AT&T customers, I got it on my phone.

Oh, really? Once again, this is incorrect. At&t has NOT released their carrier version of the new update, despite what you are told. If you don't believe me, read this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/t-f68/w...10-3-a-924189/

Customers with branded AT&T phones are the only ones who will receive the official carrier update. And no one with a branded phone has received the update. Unbranded (and of course, unlocked) phones will not. Their update comes from Blackberry.

Does it matter? It does on T-Mo where the update I received on my unbranded phone will pooch wifi-calling. My branded phone has yet to receive an update. That's because t-mo -- when they get their update (?) -- will only push it to branded phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:37 PM
    I noticed that one particular email account got somewhat screwed up with my last update, and it appears to be screwed up again.
    The existing inbox becomes a subfolder of the new inbox.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:39 PM
43 12