well the past months i was trying to decide for one of both but i cant! i like bb10 and all the new features and i like android too but i dont know if waiting till january 30 or buying now the nexus 4 from playstore. both handsets are incredible in their own way so... can you help me to decide please?
    11-21-12 10:49 PM
    Wait for BlackBerry 10 or else you'll be regretting it!
    11-21-12 10:58 PM
    Well I think you should atleast wait til Jan 30 to see the full reveal of BB10 to consider the two.
    11-21-12 11:08 PM
    Do you know where you are? Lol, most people here will tell you Go Team BlackBerry! As well they should. Its like asking if should buy a GSIII on applefanboyforums As for your question, I agree with the previous poster, await the release of BB10, because it would be unfair to yourself to decide any sooner. :thumbup:
    11-21-12 11:40 PM
    it really depends what you need it for.. i have an S3 and a 9900 and i use them for two different purposes...

i am hoping my BB10 device will merge the two (fun and work) together.. the games i like on my android are the amazing spiderman from Gamloft(which we know is developing for bb10), Punch Hero from Gamevil, and bike race.. i don't have time to watch movies or stream tv shows from my S3 so i basically use it for games and a bigger screen.

if ur a big email/need to stay in touch kinda person then a BB would be good for you.
    if ur a media, games type person then the N4 would be good for now..

if BB10 has the ability to stream movies, tv shows via netflix or any other streaming service.. and has the games.. u might just need the BB10 device.. so u can add emailing and communicating that u may do once in a while.. and u will get the decent 4.2 inch screen as the 4.8 on my S3 is massive.. definitely need two hands.. but gaming is good to do on it, especially with onscreen controls..

so in the end u need to decide.. both very good devices.. and depending on how you use your smartphone i would strongly recommend getting the device that suits that usage... or else u will be regretting it ..
    11-22-12 11:05 AM
    I purchased a Nexus 4 to use while I was waiting for BlackBerry 10. I love it, in my opinion the Nexus 4 is easily the best Android phone made to date. It doesn't lag, there is no delays or hiccups, apps don't force close and the phone doesn't randomly reboot. I also owned the Galaxy Nexus, and that device suffered from all of the problems I just listed. If you can deal with only having a maximum of 16gb of storage, and if you don't care about having LTE - The Nexus 4 is a great choice for a phone.

Also, If you are going to be waiting for BlackBerry 10, you will be waiting for a while if you want a BB10 device that has comparable hardware to the Nexus 4. Its all but been confirmed that the first BlackBerry 10 devices will have a dual core CPU and 1gb of RAM. In other words, the first BlackBerry 10 device will finally catch up to Android devices that came out almost 2 years ago, and will be comparable to the phones that are free on contract today.

Hardware isn't the most important thing and software makes a huge difference, but when I consider that the Nexus 4 has amazing hardware and Android 4.2 is great software- I can't help but wonder why the Nexus 4 can be bought for as little as $300 off contract, while there has never been a flagship BlackBerry device that launched at that low of a price.

The one advantage you will find with BlackBerry L series is you will actually be able to go and buy it on launch day. The Nexus 4 is rumored to be back in stock in the middle of December, I'm sure it will sell out again though, because there are a ton of people trying to buy one. I've never seen a phone that is in such high demand. You wont have to worry about dealing with first day sell outs with BlackBerry 10 though.

Ultimately, the choice is yours if I was you though, I would at least wait for the quad core BB10 device, that way you will get better hardware, the same software and you will have a few months to see if BB10 looks like it will be a success or not.
    kevinnugent and Drew808 like this.
    11-23-12 06:11 PM
    If you like a home button, then go ahead and get the Nexus 4
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    11-23-12 11:14 PM
    I myself was undecided about whether to get a wp8 device or wait for BB10,,,but after going to my local Tmobile store and trying them out for myself,,,I'm DEFINATELY waiting for BB10,,,WP8 looks amazing and is really smooth,,,but insanely BORING,,,can't imagine having a WP8 phone for longer than a day with out wanting to trade in for something else.
    xSt0rmTroop3Rx and sydsam like this.
    11-24-12 02:51 AM
    I myself was undecided about whether to get a wp8 device or wait for BB10,,,but after going to my local Tmobile store and trying them out for myself,,,I'm DEFINATELY waiting for BB10,,,WP8 looks amazing and is really smooth,,,but insanely BORING,,,can't imagine having a WP8 phone for longer than a day with out wanting to trade in for something else.
    I can say that WP7.5 Mango was one of my favorite operating systems I ever used on a phone at the time. That also may just be because it was so new to me at the time that I was just so humbled by being a novice. On the same token, I believe Windows Phone 7, 7.5, and 8 have all had a bit of an identity crisis. It can't decide if its a business-oriented platform (such as BB) or a media-oriented platform (such as iPhone) because in my humble opinion it does neither very well. The whole WP thing is just sorta "meh," if you ask me...I can definitely relate to what you mean by boring, and I think much of that is caused by the identity crisis.
    11-24-12 03:43 AM
    That's the word! WP is truly boring, there is nothing exciting about it.
    11-24-12 05:47 AM
    I purchased a Nexus 4 to use while I was waiting for BlackBerry 10. I love it, in my opinion the Nexus 4 is easily the best Android phone made to date. It doesn't lag, there is no delays or hiccups, apps don't force close and the phone doesn't randomly reboot. I also owned the Galaxy Nexus, and that device suffered from all of the problems I just listed. If you can deal with only having a maximum of 16gb of storage, and if you don't care about having LTE - The Nexus 4 is a great choice for a phone.

Also, If you are going to be waiting for BlackBerry 10, you will be waiting for a while if you want a BB10 device that has comparable hardware to the Nexus 4. Its all but been confirmed that the first BlackBerry 10 devices will have a dual core CPU and 1gb of RAM. In other words, the first BlackBerry 10 device will finally catch up to Android devices that came out almost 2 years ago, and will be comparable to the phones that are free on contract today.

Hardware isn't the most important thing and software makes a huge difference, but when I consider that the Nexus 4 has amazing hardware and Android 4.2 is great software- I can't help but wonder why the Nexus 4 can be bought for as little as $300 off contract, while there has never been a flagship BlackBerry device that launched at that low of a price.

The one advantage you will find with BlackBerry L series is you will actually be able to go and buy it on launch day. The Nexus 4 is rumored to be back in stock in the middle of December, I'm sure it will sell out again though, because there are a ton of people trying to buy one. I've never seen a phone that is in such high demand. You wont have to worry about dealing with first day sell outs with BlackBerry 10 though.

Ultimately, the choice is yours if I was you though, I would at least wait for the quad core BB10 device, that way you will get better hardware, the same software and you will have a few months to see if BB10 looks like it will be a success or not.
    So seriously... how much do you get paid every time someone buys a Nexus 4?

How can you say 'hardwares not important, software is the real difference maker' then say BB10 doesn't have good enough hardware ? The hardware only truly matters on a platform where the hardware and software are developed separately. When you make the software to run well on the platform you have in front of you it'll run well.

Wherever I've seen you post you've ONLY complained about the specs on BB10 phones, and how they are so far behind Android. The wider picture being that only Android cares about huge specs. iPhones don't have quad cores, WinPho doesn't have quad cores... and shockingly enough only one or two android phones have quad cores. My laptop doesn't have a quad core. It's just not that big a deal.

On topic -
    The answer is to wait and see. Assuming you have a smartphone you are reasonably comfortably with the time being, or at least that is working and usable, then stick with it until you see the big announcement. The Nexus 4 is a good phone, all top end android devices are. Making a decision based on leaks and rumors is a bad idea. See exactly what BB10 and the new phones have to offer you personally and then make a choice with the facts in hand. The worst thing you can do is get locked into a two year contract and then find out that you really wanted to get the other phone all along.
    V22 and bluetroll like this.
    11-24-12 07:43 AM
    I say you do what you want. If someone helps you make up your mind and you're not happy then you blame them. Make up your own mind then blame yourself if you're not happy. Of course you'll have to wait awhile to compare both in your hands.
    11-24-12 08:13 AM
    So seriously... how much do you get paid every time someone buys a Nexus 4?
    Do you seriously think LG and Google need my help with selling the Nexus 4? Seriously? Ermkay

How can you say 'hardwares not important, software is the real difference maker' then say BB10 doesn't have good enough hardware ? The hardware only truly matters on a platform where the hardware and software are developed separately. When you make the software to run well on the platform you have in front of you it'll run well.
    Re-read what I said and what you quoted me and this time try to use some reading comprehension. I said: 'Hardware isn't the most important thing and software makes a huge difference'. That line was strategically placed there because I know people love to keep saying "Hardware isn't the most important thing and software makes a huge difference". So if you have the great software, why not have the better hardware? BlackBerry 10 is great software and will probably run fine on 2011's hardware, but just think about how much better it could run with current hardware.

I mean after all, RIM is planning on releasing a BB10 device with a quad core processor and 2 gb of RAM months after the first BB10 device launches. If hardware isn't a big deal then why are they doing that? Also, how crappy are the early adopters of BlackBerry 10 going to feel after waiting all of this time, only to have BB10 phones with much better hardware come out months after they get locked to a device? You yourself said: "The worst thing you can do is get locked into a two year contract and then find out that you really wanted to get the other phone all along."

Wherever I've seen you post you've ONLY complained about the specs on BB10 phones, and how they are so far behind Android.
    This post says hello!

See I'm not a fanboy of anything (anymore) and when I post about stuff, I actually have first hand experience with it. If I was a mindless drone saying "BB10 is a game changer!!!1!!!" without having ever used it for myself then you would be cool with whatever I say right? If I say I like something, it is only after I have used it for myself and formed an opinion from my experience. So please tell me, when was the last time you used BlackBerry 10, or a Nexus 4?

With Android 4.2, the software is finally keeping up with the great specs Android devices have always had. The Nexus 4 is easily the best Android device made to date. Jelly Bean behaves so well that I personally no longer see a need to wait for BB10. I'm sure I will still end up owning them eventually, just because I try everything out for myself. Instead of sitting back and preaching about how good something I've never used is or isn't.
    Attached Thumbnails should i buy a blackberry 10 l series or a nexus 4?-2012-11-24-09.33.11.jpg  
    Drew808 likes this.
    11-24-12 09:48 AM
    Do you seriously think LG and Google need my help with selling the Nexus 4? Seriously? Ermkay

With Android 4.2, the software is finally keeping up with the great specs Android devices have always had. The Nexus 4 is easily the best Android device made to date. Jelly Bean behaves so well that I personally no longer see a need to wait for BB10. I'm sure I will still end up owning them eventually, just because I try everything out for myself. Instead of sitting back and preaching about how good something I've never used is or isn't.
    Are you sure about that or is that your opinion?
    11-24-12 10:16 AM
    So you mean a less wasteful OS doesn't need to throw as much hardware at a phone just to make it work quick enough, how dreadful.

Given the fact that no sales figures have been released yet, it would seem more likely that Google have mostly focused on ensuring stocks for carriers etc. have been maintained at higher levels at the expense of the play store stocks where it is priced much more reasonably.
    11-24-12 10:33 AM
    Are you sure about that or is that your opinion?
    Sorry but I kind of thought that would go without saying considering the paragraph above the part you bolded clearly states that I use devices for myself before forming an opinion of them. See, I stated that and then offered my opinion of the nexus 4 immediately afterwards. I didn't think it was really that hard to understand. Should we be required to state "this is my opinion" before each sentence so people won't get confused?
    sydsam likes this.
    11-24-12 10:35 AM
    The thing with WP8 is that there is no real interaction with the phone,,,you swipe your finger to the left to access the app list which is just a vertical list of apps then swipe back to the right to get back to the live tiles all of which aren't resizable as they would have you believe. They say that the live tiles in WP8 makes the phone more personal to each individual but I don't believe that's true,,I think it makes it more convenient but more personal. I haven't personaly used a BB10 device but what I've seen in videos (and I've seen a lot videos) that BB10's active frames and UI will be much more personal because the apps you use most will ALLWAYS be at the top or near the top of the list,,,if you tweet a lot or text a lot,,,or have a game your playing a lot at the moment it will allways be within reach. But if you stop playing that game as much or start playing a different game,,then that new game will be at the top this seem like a much more personal experience than just "pinning" apps in place that you might or might not use.
    11-25-12 02:26 AM
    The Nexus4 is "out of stock" on the TM web site. I can't consider it because the specs say it doesn't have wifi calling - like most (all?) other Androids. Strange.
    11-25-12 06:30 PM

Re-read what I said and what you quoted me and this time try to use some reading comprehension. I said: 'Hardware isn't the most important thing and software makes a huge difference'. That line was strategically placed there because I know people love to keep saying "Hardware isn't the most important thing and software makes a huge difference". So if you have the great software, why not have the better hardware? BlackBerry 10 is great software and will probably run fine on 2011's hardware, but just think about how much better it could run with current hardware.

I mean after all, RIM is planning on releasing a BB10 device with a quad core processor and 2 gb of RAM months after the first BB10 device launches. If hardware isn't a big deal then why are they doing that? Also, how crappy are the early adopters of BlackBerry 10 going to feel after waiting all of this time, only to have BB10 phones with much better hardware come out months after they get locked to a device? You yourself said: "The worst thing you can do is get locked into a two year contract and then find out that you really wanted to get the other phone all along."

This post says hello!

See I'm not a fanboy of anything (anymore) and when I post about stuff, I actually have first hand experience with it. If I was a mindless drone saying "BB10 is a game changer!!!1!!!" without having ever used it for myself then you would be cool with whatever I say right? If I say I like something, it is only after I have used it for myself and formed an opinion from my experience. So please tell me, when was the last time you used BlackBerry 10, or a Nexus 4?

Excellent, nice to see some real hand experience with multiple devices. Definitely getting old with the inexperienced bb10 fans who have yet to see the device proclaiming it to be the best thing since ever .
    11-25-12 07:06 PM
    The thing with WP8 is that there is no real interaction with the phone,,,you swipe your finger to the left to access the app list which is just a vertical list of apps then swipe back to the right to get back to the live tiles all of which aren't resizable as they would have you believe. They say that the live tiles in WP8 makes the phone more personal to each individual but I don't believe that's true,,I think it makes it more convenient but more personal. I haven't personaly used a BB10 device but what I've seen in videos (and I've seen a lot videos) that BB10's active frames and UI will be much more personal because the apps you use most will ALLWAYS be at the top or near the top of the list,,,if you tweet a lot or text a lot,,,or have a game your playing a lot at the moment it will allways be within reach. But if you stop playing that game as much or start playing a different game,,then that new game will be at the top this seem like a much more personal experience than just "pinning" apps in place that you might or might not use.
    Let's see, wp8 is boring because you swipe to get a list of apps or tiles.

Bb10 is amazing (judging from videos because you are a expert after watching YouTube videos of leaked devices) it keep your apps ln active frames that are personalized and always on top.

So instead of a list that you swipe for you instead get a active list, very refreshing and creative.

Bb10 is starting to look more and more like windows xp start bar when you open a bunch of windows and keep em on the screen.
    11-25-12 07:11 PM
    I said wp8 was boring because those are the only two actions in UI,,its either one swipe to the right or one swipe to the left. Never claimed to be an expert in anything,,,but just from watching the BB10 vids it seems like there is much more interaction from the different gestures. Actually to be honest I'm not even sure what your point is,,,do you agree with me? Or just really bad at sarcasm?
    11-25-12 09:31 PM
    Wait until BB10. Once you're there, demand of the Nexus 4 should be closer to the equilibrium supply and newer phones will have come out. Plus, BB10 needs to be tried and proven.
    12-02-12 06:12 AM
    When the Nexus 4 was announced, I figured I'd get it, wait a week for it to arrive, and enjoy it for about 6 months before the London got released, and hang on for another 6 months until the price dropped.

Now though, I missed the second round of sales, it's already backordered 8-10 weeks, so it won't be available for purchase again until after the BB10 launch announcement on Jan 30th. So I'm really just waiting for that. If the London is available for sale shortly after January 30th, I'll just buy that, despite the higher cost over the Nexus 4.
    12-04-12 10:10 AM
    Try them both and buy what you like.
    12-04-12 10:17 AM
    Try them both and buy what you like.
    Rather impossible at the moment.
    12-04-12 11:22 AM
34 12