Please BlackBerry... please do it...
    Anyways we paid the same price for not having 4G...
    Please enable FM atleast... let alone Miracast...

Posted via CB10
    Anubhav Nagpal and 909F2 like this.
    02-06-14 10:14 AM
    You did contradict yourself with the big Mac analogy, you say brand continuity yet say there are different big macs? Poor analogy? You said it not me. If all of a sudden one McDonald's has one layer, it's the same as a version of the stl having Fm radio.

Samsung s3 does it depending what region you are, some have quad core some have dual core yet they are the samsung s3 model.

If they wanted the same "brand continuity ". Make the exact same phone across the board. Not one model has this and another model has that.

Actually now that I'm rereading it do you know what brand means? brand is blackberry, coca cola, McDonald's those are brands,nike etc. Are you trying to say same model across the board?

Posted via CB10
    Go back and reread genius.
    I said it would be like if the big mac were different everywhere you went, like one place does two layers, another does only one,some include pickles, Others dont...meaning that would be a break in brand continuity. Which isn't a good thing. You would eventually stop going to get mcdonalds, because you never knew what you would be getting even though you placed the same order as you do at your usual location.

A brands products fall under brand continuity.
    You clearly haven't read it on what that is, and are relying on trying to punch holes in my posts to prove your point. Meaning you don't have one.
    Go do some homework.
    You clearly don't get it.
    All z10's need to function the same. All q10's need to be the same,but different from the z10, etc... you can have multiple models and not mess with your brand continuity.

I don't give a **** about fm radio coming or not. I'm just attempting to explain one reason why it didn't come.
    You don't have to like my point, but it's difficult to argue an established business concept as being wrong. It's a fact that this is a concept brands care deeply about.
    02-06-14 10:18 AM
    Please BlackBerry... please do it...
    Anyways we paid the same price for not having 4G...
    Please enable FM atleast... let alone Miracast...

Posted via CB10
    It's not BlackBerry's fault your carrier doesn't offer that. You should thank them for creating a model that can accommodate your archaic network at all.
    02-06-14 10:19 AM
    It's not BlackBerry's fault your carrier doesn't offer that. You should thank them for creating a model that can accommodate your archaic network at all.
    Why would carrier block it if it was available on the OS? It was for BlackBerry to make it available, right? Like they made it available for other devices in 10.2.1. I don't think carriers made it available

Posted via awesome Z10! Connect at pin:24C83E54 follow @ anubhavnagpal and subscribe to my channel C0001C740
    02-06-14 10:30 AM
    I said it would be like if the big mac were different everywhere you went, like one place does two layers, another does only one,some include pickles, Others dont...meaning that would be a break in brand continuity. Which isn't a good thing. You would eventually stop going to get mcdonalds, because you never knew what you would be getting even though you placed the same order as you do at your usual location.

You clearly haven't read it on what that is, and are relying on trying to punch holes in my posts to prove your point. Meaning you don't have one.
    Go do some homework.
    All z10's need to function the same. All q10's need to be the same,but different from the z10, etc... you can have multiple models and not mess with your brand continuity.

I don't give a **** about fm radio coming or not. I'm just attempting to explain one reason why it didn't come.
    You don't have to like my point, but it's difficult to argue an established business concept as being wrong. It's a fact that this is a concept brands care deeply about.
    I know you don't give a **** if Fm radio comes or not, nor do you care that other ppl want it, you just shut them right down and expect them to not complain.

You have holes in your argument because youre making stuff up. You don't even know what your talking about anymore. If you had a sound and valid point I wouldn't be saying anything, but you just keep on making more stuff up. Whose to say that's what BlackBerry intended? Whose to say that's the reason why stl 1 models don't have Fm because of that.

If samsung is able to do it why can't BlackBerry? They have different variants of their models and each has their own perks. Samsung is making billions BlackBerry?

If stl 1 users want Fm radio give it to them whose to say they shouldn't have it. BlackBerry would be doing themselves a favour. More happy customers.
    Btw stop making excuses for BlackBerry you don't work for them, you and I are both fans of BlackBerry, and as such more features for the phone is better not worse.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ihys; 02-06-14 at 10:49 AM.
    02-06-14 10:37 AM
    I know you don't give a **** if Fm radio comes or not, nor do you care that other ppl want it, you just shut them right down and expect them to not complain.

You have holes in your argument because youre making stuff up. You don't even know what your talking about anymore. If you had a sound and valid point I wouldn't be saying anything, but you just keep on making more stuff up. Whose to say that's what BlackBerry intended? Whose to say that's the reason why stl 1 models don't have Fm because of that.

If samsung is able to do it why can't BlackBerry? They have different variants of their models and each has their own perks. Samsung is making billions BlackBerry?

If stl 1 users want Fm radio give it to them whose to say they shouldn't have it. BlackBerry would be doing themselves a favour. More happy customers.
    Btw stop making excuses for BlackBerry you don't work for them, you and I are both fans of BlackBerry, and as such more features for the phone is better not worse.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what I'm talking about?
    Really?
    You still haven't looked up the concept then obviously. It is a known and accepted concept, despite your effort to say otherwise.

I'm not wasting anymore time on an *****.
    02-06-14 11:08 AM
    Btw stop making excuses for BlackBerry you don't work for them

Posted via CB10
    Where then do I work genius??
    02-06-14 11:09 AM
    In addition, the Z10 STL1 is not cheaper than the 2, 3 and 4 with those two features less.

The TI 4470 processor of Z10 STL1 also offers USB OTG like the Z30 (as host and peripheral). The only difference is if you want to connect an USB Hub, it has to be powered externally.
    02-06-14 11:13 AM
    To enable FM and Miracast on the STL 100-1, just upgrade the PS to 10.2.1.1925. If your carrier hasn't released it yet, then download the Leak and you will be able to listen to FM on your Z10-1, but only if you use headphones.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10

EDIT: After checking on the forums, to my chagrin and greater knowledge the FM and Miracast is available on the Z30, Q10, and Q5, but not on the Z10. I stand and sit corrected. That being said, it doesn't bother me that this is not available on the Z10. I understand the desire that it would be, but for some reason BlackBerry decided not to.

As for the continuity of it all, I don't see it. Different models, different capabilities. If I want the capability, then I will switch devices now or wait until my contract expires and get a device that has the capabilities. A company has the right to provide different devices with different capabilities.
    Last edited by newcollector; 02-07-14 at 11:31 AM.
    02-06-14 12:13 PM
    To enable FM and Miracast on the STL 100-1, just upgrade the PS to 10.2.1.1925. If your carrier hasn't released it yet, then download the Leak and you will be able to listen to FM on your Z10-1, but only if you use headphones.

Are you sure?
    02-06-14 12:17 PM

Nope, it is available in the OS and can be seen in the device monitor sometimes, but has been disabled for all the Z10 models

Posted via CB10
    dikku11 likes this.
    02-06-14 02:18 PM
    Fm and mircast disabled in the OS.no way we can activate it unless BlackBerry does

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:00 AM

Go do some homework.

If it is all about brand continuity, as you have been so persistently insisting, WHY do you think models 2,3 and 4 have white balance and not 1...how does this help in 'brand continuity'?

On my Z10
    Last edited by Anadi Athaley; 02-07-14 at 02:57 AM.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-07-14 02:31 AM
    I don't understand these threads. Most people knew what they were getting into when they got their stl100. Its like a misery loves company situation going on up there.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    Sporatic likes this.
    02-07-14 06:47 AM
    I don't understand these threads. Most people knew what they were getting into when they got their stl100. Its like a misery loves company situation going on up there.

Exactly. "I'll only be happy if other people are unhappy like me". The adult world doesn't/shouldn't work on the principle that everyone needs to suffer to be fair.
    02-07-14 08:26 AM
    If it is all about brand continuity, as you have been so persistently insisting, WHY do you think models 2,3 and 4 have white balance and not 1...how does this help in 'brand continuity'?

On my Z10
    Hardware.
    It has an entirely different chipset.
    This was to accommodate carriers with no lte.
    Remember, this was basically an entire different company back then. Getting the zed out everywhere was a bigger priority than continuity at the time.
    The new boss has a different vision.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-07-14 08:45 AM
    Umm that's contrary to what you said earlier about brand continuity. With your ex. The big macs are known for 2 layers so they will be the z10, but now your saying a different location then usual and now has one layer so z10 with Fm radio. They're both big macs but now one is different. Same with z10s stl 234 and 1 is different.
    So why can't one of them have radio then?

That being said what's a couple bucks vs $600 dollars. No one will be upset cause a burger is different. But when a flagship device and the one that's suppose to make or break BlackBerry comes out and those who supported BlackBerry first realized they got the bad end of the stick. Especially when BlackBerry says it's gonna come out with all these things, then only to say oops sorry z10 isn't gonna get it, tough luck being the ones that supported it first.

But that's beside the point. It seems like for the folks who have these features they are now ****ting on those who don't have it and can't even sympathize with them. It's either get a new model or tough luck.
    I'm all for stl 1 getting Fm radio I and I'm sure a lot of other stl users aren't going to be upset if they get it. We're all BlackBerry fans here.

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 is the flagship device. ...just saying.
    02-07-14 08:55 AM
    The Z30 is the flagship device. ...just saying.
    I wish the word flagship was put in the censored list.
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    02-07-14 09:16 AM

Can't say about most of the people, but I was told by BlackBerry sales people that Z10 would have 4G , but I haven't seen that option on my STL 100-1 yet. NOW I know it doesn't support 4G.

Posted via awesome Z10! Connect at pin:24C83E54 follow @ anubhavnagpal and subscribe to my channel C0001C740
    02-07-14 01:01 PM
    Hardware.
    It has an entirely different chipset.
    This was to accommodate carriers with no lte.
    Remember, this was basically an entire different company back then. Getting the zed out everywhere was a bigger priority than continuity at the time.
    The new boss has a different vision.
    I was talking about brand continuity.

I know all of that.

But let's not be dismissive about any criticism to BlackBerry.

I know that STL100-1 has FM capability, but somehow white balance is not applicable for a version of Z10...then why can't they put FM in just 100-1? Customers will be happy for sure...

On my Z10
    02-07-14 01:43 PM
    How.. is this going to help you at ALL?

Like. The childishness in this post is blowing my mind.

Like.
    It's like a kindergartener screaming that it isn't fair that tommy got an extra skittle in his bag.

I. I don't even know.

/abandon thread.

Q10
    02-07-14 02:48 PM
    I was talking about brand continuity.

I know all of that.

But let's not be dismissive about any criticism to BlackBerry.

I know that STL100-1 has FM capability, but somehow white balance is not applicable for a version of Z10...then why can't they put FM in just 100-1? Customers will be happy for sure...

On my Z10
    One is a setting and one is a function.

You would see fm listed in the details on the little signs by the devices in store, have you ever seen a setting listed there as a selling point?

Missing mass appeal feature or missing setting that many won't ever even notice...
    Hmmm...

Acting like the two are the same is being purposely nieve.
    02-07-14 03:04 PM
    How.. is this going to help you at ALL?

Like. The childishness in this post is blowing my mind.

Like.
    It's like a kindergartener screaming that it isn't fair that tommy got an extra skittle in his bag.

I. I don't even know.

/abandon thread.

Q10
    Because I own a Z10 100-1....and what is your problem if some additional people get FM? Not that people are asking to strip other phones of their features...I don't get the ridiculous urge to insult people on this site..

On my Z10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-08-14 04:35 AM
    One is a setting and one is a function.

You would see fm listed in the details on the little signs by the devices in store, have you ever seen a setting listed there as a selling point?

Missing mass appeal feature or missing setting that many won't ever even notice...
    Hmmm...

Acting like the two are the same is being purposely nieve.
    I was giving an example...no one is being naive...please stop protecting blackberry, it will only harm them. BlackBerry can easily give FM support to 100-1 and choose not to advertise...it will be a perk for loyalists...

On my Z10
    02-08-14 05:43 AM
    I was giving an example...no one is being naive...please stop protecting blackberry, it will only harm them. BlackBerry can easily give FM support to 100-1 and choose not to advertise...it will be a perk for loyalists...

On my Z10
    Sigh.....
    I feel like I'm talking to a five year old.
    Seacrest out.
    02-08-14 08:37 AM
82 1234