I feel that BlackBerry should open some stores at malls and strip centers before Christmas to expose the BB 10 operating system. So the public can witness them self the new operating system. The more exposure to the general public who never heard and thought BlackBerry were dead should be a big advantage that some my hold off till the new BB10 is available..I really can wait for it to come out but I'm.
    12-09-12 01:41 AM
    That would be an expensive proposition that would bear little fruit.

People shopping in malls during the holidays are looking for something to buy at that time as a gift. If they're looking at smartphones, they want to make immediate purchases. As cool as an unavailable new product might look, they will just move on to whatever is available. They won't give their family members IOUs as holiday gifts.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    12-09-12 02:10 AM
    I think once BlackBerry have officially launched BB10 and shown off their L and N series to the world, then this would be a great time to maybe set up mini booths in shopping malls in selected cities around the globe to get these devices into possible would-be consumers. Also being a completely BlackBerry run booth atleast they will have actual working devices and be able to answer all things BlackBerry, not like the many stores I have walked into and seeing devices like the playbook and bold phones switched off/not working.
    12-09-12 06:37 AM
    I think you can expose more people with TV and online marketing than a mall.
    The Furbz likes this.
    12-09-12 07:47 AM
    I think you can expose more people with TV and online marketing than a mall.
    Definitely agree with that but to get the actual hardware in the hands of potential consumers so they know how the new OS works and feels from a first person perspective could be a big swaying point.
    12-09-12 08:00 AM
    the best way to expose people to it is the internet... it's the best value.

also, they get tons of free publicity from jouralists and tech bloggers which aim directly at their target market.

putting a shop in a mall a huge cost and lots of wasted funds. reason being, not everyone in the mall will get visiting the store. therefore, you are incurring a lot of wasted marketing dollars.
    12-09-12 08:22 AM
    While I agree it probably isn't a good idea but I also don't think the internet is the best place to advertise as I ignore most ads. If the internet worked so well I can't imagine apple and samsung paying for spots every 5 minutes on tv and radio.
    12-09-12 09:18 AM
    I would think the best marketing opportunities would be: TV, radio (especially during sports broadcasts), and lastly online.

Mall stores would be a waste of money, since mall traffic will be very light by February. Many of those Microsoft mall kiosks are temporary holiday sites, which will disappear following the holidays. RIM wouldn't have much incentive to set up mall kiosks once the holidays are over.

Commercials during sports broadcasts would definitely attract a large audience, though. I'd say ads during NCAA March Madness would be a good idea.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    kbz1960, The Furbz and lnichols like this.
    12-09-12 09:52 AM
    With a January 30 launch, RIM should have a Super Bowl spot/spots. It is expensive, but you will reach more US potential buyer eyes than any one single ad placed anywhere else. It also needs to be good enough that people talk about it the next day. RIM needs a TV media blitz at release!
    GR9930 likes this.
    12-09-12 11:18 AM
    marketing budget needs to be spent on tv, internet, etc. a Super Bowl ad would be pretty awesome IMO, but i doubt the budget is there. Who knows, but free internet advertising by word of "mouth" is the most effective advertising.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-09-12 11:24 AM