I would personally think Sennheiser and BlackBerry will deal a great job.... what u think guys? any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 10:17 AM
    My Z10 didn't come with earphones.... so I wouldn't know. Yes would like to see a quality set of earphones included with a $600 purchase. Now that it's only $200, I can see them not including any extras.

Would rather see a name brand lenses for the camera....
    04-28-14 10:23 AM
    I work in an IT department and we issue BlackBerry devices to our staff, as such we have a lot of BlackBerry headsets lying around in storage, my colleague who has an iPhone is always taking the BlackBerry branded headsets to use on his iPhone as he says the quality is so much better than the iPhone headsets.

True story.

Posted via CB10
    chgaida likes this.
    04-28-14 10:32 AM
    i would personally think sennheiser and blackberry will deal a great job.... What u think guys? Any suggestions?

Posted via cb10
    have you tried blackberry ws 430
    pcguy514 likes this.
    04-28-14 10:33 AM
    I rarely use them, but the BB earphones are pretty good I think.

As for tying in with a brand, I think the last think BB need right now is outsourcing stuff, TBH.
    04-28-14 10:34 AM
    Where's the problem? If you want Sennheisers then use Sennheisers.

I find there's another issue all these low voltage devices have: a low signal-noise-ratio. There's noise on the earphones which does not come from the MP3 sources, it's made by the internal signal processing.
    04-28-14 11:06 AM
    They need to partner with Klipsch.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 11:15 AM
    My Z10 came with headphones, but they're the worst I ever tried. Plain awful.

Which is a shame, cos the Z10 has a good sound. I use Shure-in ears with my bb and they're great.

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    04-28-14 11:24 AM
    Speaking of earphones, (and this may need to be a new post) have any of you experienced sudden audio blast when using earphones? I usually use a basic pair of Sony earphones or Bose headphones. But if I'm listening to audio and decline and phone call or end a phone call, when the music starts back it's at an extremely high volume than where it was before the call. It doesn't do it every time, but I never know when it will. I have to snatch the earphones off my ears before the music start.
    04-28-14 11:40 AM
    Weird. Which OS Version do you use? I have never experienced that.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 01:36 PM
    STL100-4, 10.2.1.2122. Yeah its very weird and annoying. That's one of the only problems I've had since day one. Other than that, it's been great.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 01:46 PM
    Speaking of earphones, (and this may need to be a new post) have any of you experienced sudden audio blast when using earphones? I usually use a basic pair of Sony earphones or Bose headphones. But if I'm listening to audio and decline and phone call or end a phone call, when the music starts back it's at an extremely high volume than where it was before the call. It doesn't do it every time, but I never know when it will. I have to snatch the earphones off my ears before the music start.
    There is a general volume and one for phone calls. They're not always in sync. It happens at time that the phone call volume is transferred to the general volume.

So if the music player volume is on 50% and the phone call volume on 100% it can make the general volume pump up to 100% as well, as you've experienced.

My fix for this is the following: call somebody or yourself and lower the volume. Make sure it's as low as you need it to be. Next time you decline a call you shouldn't have the volume boost.

Always check your phone volume before ending a phone call. It's weird you'd have to do this, but the two volumes don't sync. Just check it out. Put the general volume on max. Make a call and lower the volume to the minimum. Hang up and check the general volume. You'll see it sits at 100% still.
    Sfahanian likes this.
    04-28-14 02:54 PM
    Wow. "Crackberry Support" is so awesome! Just for the record, I emailed this problem to BlackBerry's over 4 months ago and still haven't heard from anyone. You just explained and gave me a fix in less than 4 hours. Crackberry should definitely be on BB's payroll or at the least a corporate sponsor. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 05:20 PM
    The earphones that came with my Z30 were garbage. Right speaker started to buzz and now unusable. I actually like the iPhone headphones with it now because I have mute on/off, and volume up /down, hold to skip songs, right on the cord close to my chin. The only thing that isn't better is the colour white. Arrggg.. so, I agree with the OP BlackBerry needs to improve in this area from my experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 05:36 PM
    I usually use reference grade headphones, so i dont care AKG ftw

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    04-28-14 06:34 PM
    Wow. "Crackberry Support" is so awesome! Just for the record, I emailed this problem to BlackBerry's over 4 months ago and still haven't heard from anyone. You just explained and gave me a fix in less than 4 hours. Crackberry should definitely be on BB's payroll or at the least a corporate sponsor. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Your welcome!
    04-29-14 11:30 AM
    Bought my soundmagic e10 recently, and I wish I could increase the volume on like 40 % of the songs

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:48 PM
    My Z10 came with headphones, but they're the worst I ever tried. Plain awful.

Which is a shame, cos the Z10 has a good sound. I use Shure-in ears with my bb and they're great.

Posted via CB10
    ^ this. I'm using the ones that came with iphone 5 on the z10. Much better now.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 05:30 PM
    The ones that recently came with the Z10 I purchased from shop BlackBerry were the "standard" model and wow do they live up to that name. only use them when on long calls and don't want to hold the phone to my ear the whole time, so it isn't make or break.
    04-29-14 08:05 PM
    If you need really good sound effect then use Beats headphone with Neutron Music Player. I have added Bass Boost equalizer in Neutron and you all know Beats is well known for Bass. I did garbage my BlackBerry headphone when I purchased Z10 in $565 outright during launch.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 08:12 PM
    Used the ones that came with my z10 and they wernt to bad but my z10 came with a sort of (now fully) broken earphone jack soooo yeah

Z10 on T-mobile running 10.2.1.2947
    04-29-14 08:24 PM
    I usually use reference grade headphones, so i dont care AKG ftw

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    That's surprising. A reference-grade headphone for a portable device. You're using an amplifier?
    05-01-14 07:42 AM
    I got the upgraded blackberry earphones with my z30, live the sound and they are comfortable as well.

Z30 Pooooooooower!!!
    05-01-14 07:45 AM
    Bought my soundmagic e10 recently, and I wish I could increase the volume on like 40 % of the songs

Posted via CB10
    The E10's impedance is just 16 Ohms and the Z10 shouldn't have any problem driving it. The solution I'm thinking is for you to increase the volume of your music files. If you are using the mp3 format, you can use a software called MP3Gain to increase/decrease your mp3's volumes individually or per album. By the way, you have to be careful not to "clip" your music. Clipping happens when you turn up the volume too high and the music becomes distorted. For me, you can adjust your music's volume up to 99 or 100 dB.
    05-01-14 07:50 AM
    My Blackberry headphones are still in the packet ,I always use an in-ear bud as it feels more comfortable than blackberry ones
    05-01-14 08:26 AM
41 12