We have the runtime anyway. Whatever that is. Who else thinks that taking a relatively solid and well known platform such as Android into a device like the Z10 - seasoned with BBM and other BlackBerry exclusive features - would be a good idea?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:48 AM
    Edit: BBM is only currently exclusive. My bad

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:49 AM
    What would the benefit be? A BB device with android is just another android device and there is not enough added value from any blackberry extras to make it worth-while.
    07-02-13 05:01 AM
    What would the benefit be? A BB device with android is just another android device and there is not enough added value from any blackberry extras to make it worth-while.
    The benefit would be that our phones' hardware capabilities are realised with an already 'mature' ecosystem with all the apps and features we can ask for.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:03 AM
    The less android I have on my Z10/Blackberry the better....seems there is far too much malware out there for my liking.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:04 AM
    I don't want Android on my phone. That system annoys me. (and I know what I'm talking about as I have an Android tablet)

Posted via CB10
    alan510, utsav01, brout and 11 others like this.
    07-02-13 05:06 AM
    I don't want Android on my phone. That system annoys me. (and I know what I'm talking about as I have an Android tablet)

Posted via CB10
    I have a sony tab s too. Would you really say BB10 doesn't annoy anyone..?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:08 AM
    No way. I hate the way every version of Android I've ever seen has functioned and looked. I don't like Google. Android has always bothered me, it's like a crazy messed up iOS. I don't know, I just don't want Android anything on my phone unless it absolutely has to be.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.V786 likes this.
    07-02-13 05:09 AM
    This is the funniest thing I have heard yet. Thanks for the chuckles
    07-02-13 05:24 AM
    Well what makes you think people will buy a BlackBerry which has Android? Isn't Samsung already a bit too dominant? BlackBerry would might as well sell out then.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:51 AM
    The day Android comes to BB will be the day I switch to a different platform.
    07-02-13 05:51 AM
    Same here...

I'd rather see Apple buy out BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Z10 me likey.
    07-02-13 06:30 AM
    Same here...

I'd rather see Apple buy out BlackBerry.

Now we've gone to the "Dark" side.

BlackBerry Z10 me likey.
    07-02-13 06:39 AM
    I left Android for a reason! Besides, that won't solve anything

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:48 AM
    Just a technical question...would it be possible to run two OS's on a single phone? I guess BB10 already does, but only as a wobbly runtime...would it be possible to have a complete Android Operating system going on? I'm thinking something like an extreme version of Balance.
    07-02-13 06:49 AM
    hells to the yes...
    07-02-13 06:50 AM
    I'll second that. I'd have to move to that other fruit...
    Good OL MC and Mr.V786 like this.
    07-02-13 06:53 AM
    It's too late. In 2009/2010, they had their chance to adopt it. They chose instead to build BB10. They have too much invested in BB10 to change now.
    07-02-13 07:12 AM
    Android sucks; if you've ever seen the mess that is Android internally (e.g. you've ported it to a device) you know exactly what I'm talking about.

All the odd little things it does and the annoyances aren't because Google designed it that way. They're artifacts of how badly it sucks internally and are the best bit of hackery around that suckage that Google could manage.
    brout likes this.
    07-02-13 07:15 AM
    Having spent a lot of time on Android I would say NO. It's fine but BB10 is amazing, even here in the early days.

BlackBerry needs to ignore the noise and press on!

Posted via CB10
    zman12000 and nicknac89 like this.
    07-02-13 07:17 AM
    I moved to BB from Android. If I wanted Android I would have bought another Android.
    I've not seen an answer yet on what effects running Android apps has on security. I have loaded apps, not knowing in advance they were Android. Before they will run they want to have permissions they have no reason to need.
    Then there are the different swipe motions. I prefer the native BB.
    Why can't BlackBerry World give us some type of indicator on the screen if it is a native BlackBerry or Android app before we download or buy it? And what permissions, and why, so we can decide for ourselves if we want it.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 07:17 AM
    I left Android for a reason! Besides, that won't solve anything

Posted via CB10
    The only problem it would solve is the ecosystem problem. Android as an OS doesn't solve anything. BB10 is a better built OS without a doubt even if it lacks a few bells and whistles at this stage. Those can always be added in.

But, the public sentiment surrounding BlackBerry right now is that it is a platform without apps and/or going out of business. I get that is ludicrous, but that's what uninformed people who only catch a headline or two hear and believe.

So BlackBerry needs to take a billion or so of that cash they have on hand and invest it into some other CONSUMER business. Maybe buy out a game company, or a home automation firm, or a consumer healthcare company, or SOMETHING to give them a niche to make BlackBerry the go to platform for people who want [insert best at here]. Security alone isn't getting people interested. There is no first party cloud solution. There is no more BIS email. The things that drew customers to the platform that made it unique except for security are gone. BlackBerry needs a consumer draw.
    07-02-13 07:29 AM
    The less android I have on my Z10/Blackberry the better....seems there is far too much malware out there for my liking.

Posted via CB10
    It's just like computers, don't be clicking and dling everything you see and you should be fine

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 07:43 AM
    Sorry, but "should be" doesn't instill a lot of confidence for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 07:56 AM
    BlackBerry is BlackBerry. Stop this activism of running Parallels between anything else.

Let BlackBerry win as BlackBerry and let it die as BlackBerry.

Posted via STL100-1
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-02-13 08:10 AM
83 123 ...