I just have this question.

BBOS7 has this thing where you click any core function, let's say options and it opens instantly.

BB10 has the BlackBerry Hub which is always open, but the options screen is not, it has to open, as if it was an app. So I want to know, will it eventually just always be running or we have to open it as if it was an app?

Also, if we have more than 4 Active Frames open, what happens? Will BBM always be open too or we'll have to load it like other apps?

Thanks!
    09-25-12 08:30 PM
    I don't get your question, but I assume you would have to open up the Options as an App like BBOS 7.

Well, I can speak with the active frames that they only hold 8 frames so if there are more than 8 apps open, you scroll to them but the active frames stay at only 8.
    09-25-12 11:08 PM
    I don't get your question, but I assume you would have to open up the Options as an App like BBOS 7.

Well, I can speak with the active frames that they only hold 8 frames so if there are more than 8 apps open, you scroll to them but the active frames stay at only 8.

What I'm trying to say is when you first launch for example, a 3rd party game, it has to load right?

Well, when I saw the settings/options menu being opened, it had to load for like half a second or so. Meaning it wasn't instant. So my question is, will the settings/options menu be always open meaning running in the background or will it have to be started if closed/inactive/not in active frames. Because in BBOS7, it was basically always running, if you clicked on any core app (calendar, browser, options, clock...) it opens near instant VS any 3rd party app.

Now, for active frames, when you have more than 8, what happens? If you open another one, will it close one of them? (Because the PlayBook can open as many as the memory allows it to).
    09-26-12 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD