NOTE: Before you start this process, Make sure you have the latest OS updates on your device.

I came over from using the iPhone 5 and MS Active Sync to sync my Google GMail, Calendar and Contacts. As you know, you cannot use MS Active Sync for GMail anymore on a new device or non paying GMail accounts. I struggled to get my GMail (Email) to sync back at least 30 days. Here is the method I finally ended up using to set up my GMail accounts on my BB Z10 and it's worked great for me so far:

First of all, I had to set up my GMail (EMail) account separately from my GMail Calendar and Contacts so I could get the option to sync my EMail back 30 days. Here goes:

1. Goto "settings", then "accounts" and select "add account" at the bottom of the screen
    2. Select the "advanced" button at the bottom of the screen
    3. Select "GMail", from the list and then type in your account name, display name, username and pw, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select "initial retrieval amount" and it will have 1, 3, 7, 15 and 30 days for options. I used 30 days.
    4. You can also set the sync interval by selecting the "sync interval" button at the bottom of the screen, I used 15 minutes.
    5. Once you have configured everything hit "done" at the top of the scree, and it will connect to the google server and if everything is correct, your done with the GMail (EMail) portion.
    6. (Optional) Once the GMail (EMail) account has been created, you can select the account and scroll down to the bottom up the screen and select "edit folder settings" and this will enable you to select the folders (labels) you want to sync. Once you have selected the folders you want to sync, select "save" at the top up the screen and your done.

Now it's time for GMail Contacts and GMail Calendar (if your using it)

1.Goto "settings", then "accounts" and select "add account" at the bottom of the screen
    2.Select the "email, calendar and contacts" at the top of the screen
    3.Type in your GMail address and select "next" and it will ask for your password on the next screen, type in your pw and hit "next"
    4.Once it's verified, you will have three switches available, turn the email switch to "off" and leave the "calendar" and "contacts" switches to "on",then select "done" and it will now configure your Google Calendar and Contacts.
    5. (Optional) Once the GMail Contacts and Calendar accounts have been created, you can select the account and scroll down to the bottom up the screen and select "sync interval" and this will enable you to select the sync interval time, I use 15 minutes. Once you have selected the sync time, select "save" at the top up the screen and your done.

I sounds like a redundant process by having to set up my GMail accounts this way, but this is what has worked for me and I am happy camper, I hope it works for you.
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 03-28-13 at 01:02 PM.
    03-27-13 03:55 PM
    Thanks for this! I tried it a few times but I actually had to restart my device after adding my email account. I personally think it was a wifi issue at work and not the device... Anyway, I got the second step working perfectly now.

I appreciate you taking the type to type all this out!
    03-28-13 11:59 AM
    The other thing to note is to make sure your device is all the way updated to the latest OS before adding accounts. I was having problems with adding in the calendar, then the 10.0.10.85 update came out and it added in without issue.
    03-28-13 12:24 PM
    The other thing to note is to make sure your device is all the way updated to the latest OS before adding accounts. I was having problems with adding in the calendar, then the 10.0.10.85 update came out and it added in without issue.
    Thanks for the feedback, I added the update note
    03-28-13 01:02 PM
    Thanks, but I am curious as I believe I have messed up everything by syncing with Facebook and Twitter...and trying to Link them. Have you tried to do that with your contacts? Are they unlinking after a few hours? Do local contact info transfer to gmail or only carddav contacts?

Basically, I am totally lost at organizing my contacts (missing my Torch). I would like so much to use facebook and google sync features of the Z10...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:17 PM
    Thankfully I'm a Google Apps paid user so Activesync works.

I tried imap, slow and painful.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:23 PM
    For Calendar: Google sync to native Z10
    You do not have to be a paid subscriber (for activesync)

Use the calDAV option
    setup> accounts> add accounts> email, calendar and contact> (at bottom of screen) advanced > CalDAV
    enter your google gmail account and password
    under server use www. google. com (no spaces)
    set your sync interval (15 minutes up)

In PC google calendar, if you have more then one calendar (such as family and work) you should 'copy' (and save) the secondary calendar information to the primary calendar.
    03-30-13 09:43 PM
    And are your contacts "synced" with Facebook, Twitter, properly linked and appearing in Gmail Contacts ?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:51 PM
    To be honest, all I did was enter my username and password and my mail contacts and calendar all sync just fine. I was worried at first about the 30 day thing as I don't have the option but as it stands today I still have an email in my inbox dated March 11 so I'm pretty sure it auto syncs 30 days instead of 7. Seems to be a misconception on that one.

Basically in the end I just recommend to enter your username and password. Not much difference otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:14 PM
    And are your contacts "synced" with Facebook, Twitter, properly linked and appearing in Gmail Contacts ?

Posted via CB10
    They should automatically link if the names are the same.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:16 PM
    Works like magic, I finally have full Google Calendar functionality on my Z10
    05-11-13 08:46 AM
    Thanks it works
    07-20-13 11:14 PM
    Hi all
    Am new here.
    Just setting up my z10 and trying to set up gmail.
    Ran into an issue where the gmail contacts on my account dont sync up. Strangely the contacts on a gmail account that i share with my family sync instantly.
    Tried all sorts of things, deleting accounts, rebooting, using cal dev and card dev etc but always the contacts on the shared account are synced but not on mine. Even tried to install only my account to see if there was a conflict but no luck.
    Anyone have any suggestions? Without my contacts there is no way i can use this phone which i really want to do.
    12-31-13 04:17 PM