setting 3g and 4g only Q10 (or any BB10 phone) (4G = LTE, not fake 4G 3g DC-HSPA+ as i guess this is mostly a USA forum)

i am aware that it depends on what sim you put in , but is there a way to edit it as its bit annoying not been able to set the phone to 3g + 4G only

the mad thing is when you first change the sim card you can see all the options until the OS set the options (bit annoying really as 2g only and 3g only and 3g/4g only should always be an option, as 2G is good for power saving also very reliable for phone calls, and 3g/4g only so it stays on even when in phone call you still at least get 3G as 4G does not currently support calls yet in the UK until VoLTE support comes)

android phones have a test menu that allows you to set modes as my other (HTC One M7) phone lacks the option to use 3g and 4G only, so i use the test menu i used WCDMA/LTE only , as andorid bit annoying at staying locked onto 2g when data is active it not switch to 3g or 4G until data stops (witch does not happen if you have google maps open navigating, does the same for 3g as well even if there is a perfect 4G signal around it not switch but norm data does go idle for more then 5 seconds it will jump onto 4G)

only saving grace with blackberry 10 it is very aggresive at using highest speed 3g and 4g technology where signal is available
    11-28-15 11:12 AM
    Settings>Network & Connections>Mobile Network>Network Mode

Hit the drop down arrow and choose 4G&3G. Bob's yer Uncle .

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-28-15 12:40 PM
    Settings>Network & Connections>Mobile Network>Network Mode

Hit the drop down arrow and choose 4G&3G. Bob's yer Uncle .

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    unfortunately if it was that simple, depending on what network sim you put in depends what Options you get on that network mode options (if i used 3 i get 3G only and 3g/4g only or 2g/3g/4g) with O2 sim (giffgaff) they remove the 3G/4G only option

i actually worked out there is a test menu page on blackberry 10 but they hid a bit where you have to put a code in that unlocks it for 30 days
    i not been able to make it work thought (the escreen:// in browser and it shows the diagnostic page) but unsure what app version is
    Last edited by leexgx; 11-29-15 at 06:27 PM.
    11-29-15 06:00 PM