BlackBerry has been such an underdog during these recent times. I'd like to think that they learned a vital lesson. Which is to never rest on their laurels anymore and strive to innovate with the times. Heinz hasn't pulled through in a perfect sense but he has really done a commendable job given the media backlash leading up to the Z10's release.

No one thought BlackBerry would recover yet they did. I'd like to call it some sort of a miraculous comeback because I even had doubts and saw myself defecting if the Z10 didn't prove itself.

They started from the top, to the bottom and now they are here [Drake Voice].

How can you NOT root for the Underdog? I thought this was normal human behavior? BlackBerry is here to stay.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-26-13 08:42 AM
    My guess? Because it's difficult for people to admit when they're wrong . That, and I don't think they've exactly made a full recovery *yet*. I think they still have a lot to prove by continuing to release updates in a timely manner that add lots of functionality, continuing to release devices that don't have any major flaws upon release, being quick to admit when there *is* a problem, and having a clear direction for the future of the company which includes a solid vision and how they will make that vision a reality.
    1bbu, capcom303 and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    06-26-13 11:35 AM
    I think they are slightly late, as Android and iOS have taken too much of the market and have made people change their mind, like people now think Apple created the first touchscreen and that they'll always be best. But honestly BlackBerry is taking them on at the centre

Posted via CB10
    tw1g_007 and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    06-26-13 11:40 AM
    People always hate on things that they don't understand, and want to emulate!!
    06-26-13 11:40 AM
    Haters are going to hate. Personally I am rooting very hard for BB.
    BBVegasGirl80 and TMSoCB like this.
    06-26-13 12:04 PM
    Perceptions will change but you have to give it time. BB10 is so new and so different from the old BBOS. Most people only know the old BlackBerry so you have your answer.

TH is doing a fabulous job with the new BlackBerry.

It's only up from here and I love being a shareholder of BB.

Patience is the name of the game.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and tw1g_007 like this.
    06-26-13 12:13 PM
    06-26-13 01:52 PM
    Its going to be very difficult to gain back users in the US now they they have their own American company to support (Apple). BBRY was big in the US when there was no iPhone and they innovated far better than Palm and Windows as a smartphone company. This is why BBRY is smart to go after world markets. There's a lot more people and a lot more money out there. Hopefully they stay strong in Canada too.

People left BBRY for other platforms because of innovation that BBRY couldn't keep up with. There may be some residual negative feelings towards a company that you left, also maybe some feelings of been-there-done-that with BBRY.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    06-26-13 04:36 PM
    People don't understand the goal for BlackBerry for now was aiming for 3rd place in Market share which I think they have/can achieve with their new platform. I say that's a success. Next step is slowly inching back and cutting away from the top 2, android and apple.

Blackberry4Life

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 04:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 04:40 PM
    Because they're playing catch up after being behind for so long due being full of themselves (so much bad PR a few years back). There's a reason they're an underdog now and that reason is why a lot of people don't like them.

They're a lot better now but that doesn't excuse their past.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:08 PM
    Because they're playing catch up after being behind for so long due being full of themselves (so much bad PR a few years back). There's a reason they're an underdog now and that reason is why a lot of people don't like them.

Posted via CB10
    In life you really can't dwell on the past or you won't be able to move forward. I agree with you in the sense that they f*cked up big time but we really need to learn to forgive and be optimistic about their recovery efforts (which is going well so far).

The fact is that BlackBerry realized they were heading in the wrong direction and made significant changes especially when it came to a slight overhaul for the board of directors. This in itself is commendable and proves that at the very least they are trying to improve their image and gain the trust of their lost consumers.

I expect big things from BlackBerry and thankfully, the new CEO (Thornstein Heinz) seems to be very open minded and easily approachable.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-27-13 06:16 PM
    If you guys were sold the Z10 I have, you would hate as well...

Z10, 9860,9800, storm1,2 and PlayBook... I'm blackberries guinea pig and I'm about done

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-27-13 06:35 PM
    BlackBerry will never be on top again. They rose to the top of a market that they essentially created. Then they decided that they could tell their market what they wanted. That cost them dearly.

I like Thor at the helm, but I'm not sure that BlackBerry is past the conceit yet. I hope they are.

They will have to spend a lot more time listening.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    06-27-13 06:40 PM
    I just like and prefer more competition at the end of the day. So BlackBerry not dying out, irrespective of their f*ck ups in the past, is a GOOD thing. You most certainly don't want to give Apple and Google the monopoly over the cell phone business.

Truthfully, without BlackBerry I find it hard to find an alternative brand at this point. Android is malware central while the iPhone is overly simplistic and still looks like a toy to me.

06-27-13 06:44 PM
    [QUOTE=tw1g_007;8712178How can you NOT root for the Underdog? I thought this was normal human behavior? [/QUOTE]
    A good question. I think there is this continuum of feeling, where some have a bias toward rooting for the power structure, and others have a bias toward the underdog. I bet there is some correlation here with conservative and liberal as well. And between differentiating and making equal. Imagine two teachers, one has a dream of lifting every student up, having every student go on to success. The other insists that some always fall down, so a hierarchy can be created, even if extreme measures like grading curves must be taking, robbing some of honestly gained achievement. We can argue the philosophy of it all day long, but I think it starts in a non-rational, deep emotional bias.
    06-27-13 06:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Learn from the past. Don't live in it.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:50 PM
    I just like and prefer more competition at the end of the day. So BlackBerry not dying out, irrespective of their f*ck ups in the past, is a GOOD thing. You most certainly don't want to give Apple and Google the monopoly over the cell phone business.

Truthfully, without BlackBerry I find it hard to find an alternative brand at this point. Android is malware central while the iPhone is overly simplistic and still looks like a toy to me.

You make a good point which is why many of us are and have been on blackberry for many many years. At the end of the day running a business (which blackberry was marketed to) is actually a burden when multiple ios's are dominating the office space. BlackBerry has....... a keyboard and hub.

I always said if developers won't build a business app for BlackBerry then BlackBerry must build it themselves to compete, and they haven't.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 07:10 PM

This is what got blackberry in trouble, thinking the competition was garbage while they were getting stomped. You either give the majority of customers what they want, or sit in last place and call them names.
    kevinnugent and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    06-27-13 07:21 PM
    This is what got blackberry in trouble, thinking the competition was garbage while they were getting stomped. You either give the majority of customers what they want, or sit in last place and call them names.
    Which they are doing if you pay attention and limit the bias.

BlackBerry was never into the app side of things because it was always strictly meant to be for emails primarily. Why change if you are selling tons of devices with limited competition? Problem is that the iPhone proved to be a big hit eventually and consumers spoke with their wallets which dealt a huge blow to BlackBerry.

The thing you have to understand is that BlackBerry learned their lesson and are FINALLY listening to what consumers really want. Apps apps apps apps while doing what they still do best (emails and security). At the end of the day key apps won't find themselves on BlackBerry if developers aren't willing to invest on the device which is unfortunate.

06-27-13 07:55 PM