One of my favorite things about my BBs has always been the ability to set up different notification tones for my different email accounts. Is this still possible with BB10? I know volume can not be adjusted for different notifications like text and phone calls, at least that's what I have read.
    02-02-13 12:30 AM
    Unfortunately you can only use one notification for all your email accounts, and you were correct about it being the one volume level for all notifications.
    02-02-13 12:35 AM
    What about custom ring tones for individual contacts? I would hope that is still possible.

The lack of volume control for notifications seems odd... hopefully that will come in the near future with OS updates.
    02-02-13 01:25 AM
    The lack of volume control for notifications seems odd... hopefully that will come in the near future with OS updates.
    This is the biggest thing putting me off getting the Z10 at the moment. Coming from a 9780 the lack of notification customisation in OS10 is quite a backward step in my opinion. I like to have my less important email accounts on silent but others on vibrate/make a sound.

Also now BIS isn't needed there is no way for me to set-up filters for Level 1 alerts, I found these really useful as I'm an engineer on-call during the nights so I set my BB to silent and only get woken up if a really important email/SMS comes in.

I went and had a play with one (I'm in the UK), it's a really cracking phone both hardware and software but for me the notifications need to be more like OS6/7. My worry is everyone is saying "oh, they'll update it" but how long will this take? Given most people change phones every 2 - 3 years I'm not going to wait a year for them to get this sorted.
    sege7618 and Darlaten like this.
    02-02-13 01:48 AM
    i dont know why everyone is stressing about this.. berry buzz app will most likely release with all of these options
    02-02-13 01:58 AM
    i dont know why everyone is stressing about this.. berry buzz app will most likely release with all of these options
    Yeah, this is a huge opportunity for BerryBuzz to provide these functions. I too rely on the myriad of notification settings for my various emails/contacts etc... on my 9900. I hope that the same flexibility does eventually make it to BB10.
    02-02-13 08:41 AM
    What about custom ring tones for individual contacts? I would hope that is still possible.
    This is still possible. You can set custom phone ringtones and email notification tones for each contact.
    02-02-13 08:50 AM
    It's great that Berry Buzz may implement something that brings this back, but I too am puzzled why this feature would not be available on the Z10. On the business side of things, if you are in an important meeting, but still need to be alerted if an important call comes in, an important email or whatever else comes in, that one would have to just keep looking for a blinking light if all of the sound notifications are turned off. At least if there are better control of the notifications you can a least boost things up a little so you don't miss something important.
    02-02-13 08:52 AM
    It's great that Berry Buzz may implement something that brings this back, but I too am puzzled why this feature would not be available on the Z10. On the business side of things, if you are in an important meeting, but still need to be alerted if an important call comes in, an important email or whatever else comes in, that one would have to just keep looking for a blinking light if all of the sound notifications are turned off. At least if there are better control of the notifications you can a least boost things up a little so you don't miss something important.
    Just guessing but this may be a side effect of moving away from BIS architecture. Not sure. It does seem like a huge oversight, and I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. Hopefully it does come back in a future enhancement. This feels like the early days of the PlayBook OS.
    02-02-13 09:10 AM
    this is a huge let down, this is the main reason i stuck with blackberry over the past several years. since my competitors are all using Iphones or androids i had a huge advantage over them and could get in faster and catch orders before they did. i know when that special ring goes off i need to run, they have to hope that my crackberry is not near me. i guess i will be staying with my 9810 for a while.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 01:27 PM
    Hopefully Bellshare will develop Berry Buzz for BB10 real soon. I have had my Z10 for a month now and I love it, but I am missing calls and messages without Berry Buzz reminder tones, as I have used it with 4 different BB's over the last 6 years. I emailed them about this, but have yet to receive a response.
    03-19-13 07:51 PM
    Hub++ allows you to have different notification sounds and LED colours for different email accounts as well as Text/SMS.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...n&platform=QNX
    Last edited by zc1; 03-19-13 at 08:15 PM.
    03-19-13 07:57 PM
    I stopped in at a verizon kiosk in the mall.
    Cool story bro.
    zc1 likes this.
    03-19-13 08:04 PM
    Cool story bro.
    The best was the part about the kiosk.

(P.S. It's a spam account)
    Last edited by zc1; 03-19-13 at 08:32 PM.
    03-19-13 08:16 PM
    Hub++

Installed yesterday and it works like a charm

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:45 PM