Been using my Z10 for a month now and I get the feeling that the Z10 is built to be uncompromising, not to please everyone with a bunch of trivial apps and gimmicky functions.

It has a deep sense of purpose - to keep me informed, connected and productive... Nothing more.

I absolutely respect and love it.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:30 PM
    Agree! The z10 is a tool to get work done and not just a fancy toy.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:31 PM
    Been using my Z10 for a month now and I get the feeling that the Z10 is built to be uncompromising, not to please everyone with a bunch of trivial apps and gimmicky functions.

It has a deep sense of purpose - to keep me informed, connected and productive... Nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. It is what it is. It's for social people and busy people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-12-13 06:31 PM
    Also not to please everyone expecting an awesome selection of games, business, productivity, and entertainment apps (like other leading devices).
    04-12-13 06:33 PM
    Agreed. It is what it is. It's for social people and busy people.
    So busy people dont want apps that make them more productive? I see.
    04-12-13 06:35 PM
    So busy people dont want apps that make them more productive? I see.
    Lmao@imagined inferences.

ihys likes this.
    04-12-13 06:40 PM
    If that is the case then I really feel remorseful that BlackBerry will soon be auctioned off. Might as well not recommend the device to those people who want to use it for fun too. Also, since this is a tool and not an iToy as most forum users on here seem to call it, why are there games in the App world if BlackBerry is not targeting them? Why are there marketing tv ads to those average people that like to play games or watch videos on their devices? People who like to waste time by being on their phones? Trivial matters. Why include a YouTube app that can't be deleted? Why include a gaming center? Why have a story maker or timeshift camera? Those are gimmicky. Why include them? Where is the >30 day limit in email if this is a "get stuff done" phone? Why are there fart apps in the store if BlackBerry doesn't want there to be any "trivial apps?"
    ihys likes this.
    04-12-13 06:42 PM
    Absolutes are not necessary here. It's just a matter of emphasis.

04-12-13 06:49 PM
    It's like these ppl are deluding themselves. Oh look at me I got a z10 phone now I'm going to be a successful business man and be all productive. Laughs. BlackBerry is trying to cater to the the average consumer now as much as you think it's not

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:55 PM
    Lmao... Wait this was a serious post?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-13 06:57 PM
    Oh OP. That was one hell of a troll. Way to butter them up.
    04-12-13 07:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, can't agree with the apps thing. BB would gladly take a bunch of trivial apps to jump their number. They are doing it already, there is a lot of crap in BB world. Also camera timeshift is kinda gimmicki......even though i like. They are also taking many games and continue to do so. This is clearly not just a get things done tool. Still love the phone but lets call it what it really is shall we.

I do beleive this is a phone for busy people who wanna get things done, i use it for my business and it's an awesome tool, but it's more than just that now.
    Last edited by wolf_359; 04-12-13 at 07:35 PM.
    04-12-13 07:04 PM
    I hardly see how commenting on focus in design is trolling.

04-12-13 07:05 PM
    Lol, not having apps and saying that apps are "trivial" are what will kill this platform if that doesn't change.
    04-12-13 07:35 PM