Greetings,

WiFi works great on my T-Mobile Z10 -- speed tests done in a browser get virtually the same results as other devices -- *except* in Blackberry World and system updates, where the speed gets throttled to a crawl. Upgrading to 10.2.1 took nearly 18 hours (!), and downloading anything from BBWorld is utterly slow. Sometimes downloading something from BBW will start off fast for a few seconds, then slow to a crawl.

I've been all over the forums trying to get insight on this, but no luck. I tried many of the ideas here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...my-z10-891683/

and here:

Wi-Fi slow - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

On the second link, at the bottom of the first page there is someone (jrlong) who appears to have the exact problem I'm having, but no one answered him. Our Q10 does not have this problem.

Yes, I've already made separate ssid's for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands on the router (linksys e4200), made each band explicit expicit in the WiFi settings on the Z10, etc...

Has any consensus on the cause of this problem ever been reached? I'm at my wits end on this one...

Thanks in advance for any insight!
    03-26-14 03:49 PM
    I have not heard of throttling on T-Mobile. Is that an accepted practice? It doesn't happen on my carrier. Have they made you aware of this?
    03-26-14 04:05 PM
    I haven't experienced this on my Z10. It handles downloads -- including from BB World -- as quickly as my Z30. I have noticed that my speed has varied with different OS versions, though. Perhaps that's related?
    03-26-14 04:09 PM
    To clarify: This does not seem to have anything to do with the carrier or the OS (both 10.1 and 10.2.1 have this issue).

I'm beginning to think there might be a manufacturer's defect in some Z10 devices; but before I go to TM and make a switch I want to exhaust every other possibility.
    03-26-14 04:23 PM