hey everyone,
    I know some of you arent believers in the whole screen protector idea.. but trust me.. my MIME glass protector saves my Z10 from 10" desk drop.

I accidently dropped my Z10 face first on my work desk from about 10 or so inch height.

check out the pic.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector saved my Z10..-img_00000001.jpg  
    11-27-13 02:42 PM
    I've never seen a solid glass screen protector, just the plastic film type ones. Looked up MIME and they are pretty cool. Wonder if they plan to release a Z30 version.
    11-27-13 02:58 PM
    How much was it?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 03:03 PM
    How much was it?

Posted via CB10
    $25usd + shipping. Life Time warranty (with some terms).
    Blackberry Z10 Ghost Glass Tempered Glass Screen Protector | MIME

$25 vs $600 (at the time of purchase) on a new Z10. $25 was well worth it.
    11-27-13 03:23 PM
    A single drop from 10" height cause such damage? You just threw it on your desk with the whole power?

Posted via Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055
    11-27-13 10:09 PM
    A single drop from 10" height cause such damage? You just threw it on your desk with the whole power?

Posted via Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055
    forgot to mention that it was the corner of my desk
    11-28-13 07:19 AM
    hey everyone,
    I know some of you arent believers in the whole screen protector idea.. but trust me.. my MIME glass protector saves my Z10 from 10" desk drop.

I accidently dropped my Z10 face first on my work desk from about 10 or so inch height.

check out the pic.

Cheers
    Hey..
    How was the touch screen responsiveness??
    because I seriously need some protection for my z10 too..
    Glad that it saved your z10..

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 using CB10 App
    11-28-13 11:40 AM
    Hey..
    How was the touch screen responsiveness??
    because I seriously need some protection for my z10 too..
    Glad that it saved your z10..

The touch was never a problem at all. In fact, after I installed it and it settled, you couldnt even tell it was on there until you turn the device side ways and look at the raised edge. My only complaint is that the Proximity Sensor didnt work during phone calls and when the screen went dark, it stayed dark until I swipe the screen.

With the screen protector off, the sensor works fine.

I did order the Evolution Labs Rhino Shield this time as it has the openings for the Camera and Proximity Sensor cut out to see if it'll work better. Its also tempered glass like the MIME USA protector.
    Last edited by Bash_Man; 11-28-13 at 12:51 PM.
    11-28-13 12:40 PM
    The touch was never a problem at all. In fact, after I installed it and it settled, you couldnt even tell it was on there until you turn the device side ways and look at the raised edge. My only complaint is that the Proximity Sensor didnt work during phone calls and when the screen went dark, it stayed dark until I swipe the screen.

With the screen protector off, the sensor works fine.

I did order the Evolution Labs Rhino Shield this time as it has the openings for the Camera and Proximity Sensor cut out to see if it'll work better. Its also tempered glass like the MIME USA protector.
    Keep me updated... so that I will order one for my z10 too...
    Thanks!!

11-28-13 10:36 PM
    I feel like this is a waste of money. Dropped my phone plenty of time and my case saves the screen. Why would you add extra weight to your phone when it only covers half of your phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 05:28 PM
    I feel like this is a waste of money. Dropped my phone plenty of time and my case saves the screen. Why would you add extra weight to your phone when it only covers half of your phone?

Posted via CB10
    Everyone has their personal preference when it comes to stuff like that . I my self prefer a screen protector on my Device rather than a whole case. I like using the OEM holster as well.
    11-30-13 11:07 AM
    I received my Evolution Labs BB Z10 Protector. It came in a nice package and overall, it looks like it'll offer good protection. the MIME Glass protector is thicker and installation is pretty much straight forward.

The Evolution labs protector is more flexible/bendable but its a lot thicker than "mall kiosk" type screen protector.

The thing I like about the Evolution Lab protector is the fact that it has the cut outs for the Camera and proximity sensor, while the MIME glass didn't. It was basically a full piece of protector glass, which I found it messed around with the Proximity sensor as when I am on a phone call and the screen goes dark, I wont come back ON until the call is ended by the other side or I swipe the screen. The Evolution Labs protector lets the Sensor do its job as its suppose to.

Price: they're the same at $24.99 vs $24.95.

Feel: they're both almost the same. Once they're on the device, they blend in pretty good. I my self may like the MIME one a tad bit more as it fully does blend on the device since it has no openings/holes.

Fit: they're perfect fit for the Z10 when seated on properly. They cover 100% of the screen.

Installation: Both are "dry install" without requiring gel or speary. The MIME Glass has enough "weight" to it self that once seated on the device, it'll pretty much kinda install it self. Couple of little presses and its installed. The Evolution labs like I mentioned isn't as thick as the MIME glass, but its thicker than "mall kiosk" protectors. The Evolution lab one, take the back cover sheet, install and align the top half and pull the remaining back cover off. again, this one also has enough weight to it to kinda apply it self but still use the plastic piece that came with it to finish applying.

I think that covers it for now. Any questions, let me know.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector saved my Z10..-img_00000015.jpg   Screen Protector saved my Z10..-img_00000016.jpg   Screen Protector saved my Z10..-img_00000017.jpg   Screen Protector saved my Z10..-img_00000019.jpg   Screen Protector saved my Z10..-img_00000020.jpg  

FF22 likes this.
    11-30-13 11:38 AM