I bought my Z10 2 months ago and the screen blacks out every 2 weeks! When it blacks out, I hold the power button, the count down begins and it shuts down normally. Is this a software problem or a hardware problem ? Please help me.
    04-07-13 08:33 AM
    Nope. Don't have an issue like that thankfully. Are you sure it's not just a random reboot it is doing? Had one reboot in the 2 months I've had the phone, but other than that no issues with it. I know some people say they are having more reboots, but this could be down to some apps or sideloaded apps doing this.

I bought my Z10 2 months ago and the screen blacks out every 2 weeks! When it blacks out, I hold the power button, the count down begins and it shuts down normally. Is this a software problem or a hardware problem ? Please help me.
    04-07-13 09:20 AM
    It's hard to say what is causing this. At a guess, I would say it sound like the os is at fault, scenario the z10 goes to sleep to save power but then doesn't wake up when you touch or swipe, I don't have that issue with mine, but if I did I would try reloading the os and see how that goes.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:25 AM
    It's hard to say what is causing this. At a guess, I would say it sound like the os is at fault, scenario the z10 goes to sleep to save power but then doesn't wake up when you touch or swipe, I don't have that issue with mine, but if I did I would try reloading the os and see how that goes.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    I agree it sounds like software but you never know. Try the OS reload suggested and if that does not work contact your carrier about a repair of replacement.
    04-07-13 09:30 AM
    Nope. Don't have an issue like that thankfully. Are you sure it's not just a random reboot it is doing? Had one reboot in the 2 months I've had the phone, but other than that no issues with it. I know some people say they are having more reboots, but this could be down to some apps or sideloaded apps doing this.
    I'm pretty sure it's not a random reboot, because when I want to wake the device up ( by pressing the lock button or swiping up) the screen lights up with a black color only, nothing else shows just some plain black color, then I hold the power button, the count down panel pops up and it shuts down normally, I turn it back on, everything's normal. What do you think? Please and thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:11 AM
    Same thing happened to me once.. the exact same symptom.. screen stays blank but when you hold onto the power button, it does display the count down. No idea what it is tho and luckily it only happened once so far.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:19 AM
    When it lights up black, do you try swiping up to wake the device fully? I have a recurring issue when I open settings I just get a black screen but then I swipe up, settings goes to an active frame and I see the circle thing spinning and re-enter settings and it's fine. Wasn't like that before I had to wipe to get a stubborn sideloaded app off it.
    04-07-13 10:27 AM
    For me, the swiping didn't clean the blank screen issue.. Btw, I did notice some delays at time when I go into settings.. sometimes it does go blank for a few seconds before the setting seen appears

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:51 AM
    What happens if you hold the power button and instead of leaving the countdown to finish, you press cancel? (on the left of restart).
    Does it work?
    04-07-13 11:19 AM
    What happens if you hold the power button and instead of leaving the countdown to finish, you press cancel? (on the left of restart).
    Does it work?
    I tried it goes back to the blank screen, should I return my phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 01:20 PM
    The whole thing that was touted here months ago is that in QNX doesn't allow software to affect the base software yet people are saying this is true now. As usual, the majority advice is that it is user error. Get the device replaced. It is a lemon

Posted via my Zee10
    04-07-13 01:25 PM
    The whole thing that was touted here months ago is that in QNX doesn't allow software to affect the base software yet people are saying this is true now. As usual, the majority advice is that it is user error. Get the device replaced. It is a lemon

Posted via my Zee10
    I'll try to replace it tomorrow, thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:51 PM
    just happened again, definitely replacing it tomorrow
    04-07-13 03:37 PM
    I had it happen, I just reset my phone and os. I can tell you I've been threw way worse with my Android devices, I used to wake up to a blinked phone 9-14 times a month. But it wasn't my main device, an iPhone was.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:07 PM
    I had it happen, I just reset my phone and os. I can tell you I've been threw way worse with my Android devices, I used to wake up to a blinked phone 9-14 times a month. But it wasn't my main device, an iPhone was.

Posted via CB10
    Did it stop happening after you reloaded your Os?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:45 AM
    This has just started happening to me within the last two weeks. So far 3 times. I hold down the power key and restart. Wondering if I should replace it? I am on att. Purchased the phone on March 22nd. Never happened until I downloaded angry birds star wars.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:59 AM
    This has just started happening to me within the last two weeks. So far 3 times. I hold down the power key and restart. Wondering if I should replace it? I am on att. Purchased the phone on March 22nd. Never happened until I downloaded angry birds star wars.

Posted via CB10
    I decided not to replace my phone cus I thought it stopped but it happened yesterday so anytime it happens I'm immediately gonna replace it without restarting it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:12 AM
    The same thing is happening to mine, I'm watching a video and suddenly a black screen, no picture just sound. I tried swiping up to wake up the screen but nothing! The only way to get it working again is to restart the phone. Anyone know what could be the problem?
    09-04-13 04:51 AM