Lol I took my screen protector off had it on since the first day I got it and I gotta admit the glass feels soft and smooth and my finger just slides around the touch screen

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    shads77, zafrulz and datgurl like this.
    03-18-13 09:26 PM
    Lol I took my screen protector off had it on since the first day I got it and I gotta admit the glass feels soft and smooth and my finger just slides around the touch screen

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    yep, sure is a joy to use (without a screen protector). I do believe you'd get a really nice experience if you use a "matte finish film" as well. but they tend to degrade the screen quality (imo)
    03-18-13 09:27 PM
    They put a coating that starts with an 'o' on it. It really is a great feeling
    03-18-13 09:29 PM
    Actually, the screen feel is my single biggest complaint with the Z10. The screen is beautiful to look at, but definitely not touch. It feels less "Smooth" than my Nexus 4. I'm willing to make that compromise for the beautiful screen that the Z10 has, but I shouldn't have to. BlackBerry should've done a better job in this regard.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-18-13 09:34 PM
    Are you sure about that? From what I understand, the Z10 doesn't have an oleophobic coating. I could be wrong though.
    03-18-13 09:35 PM
    It tastes good to. Try it.
    03-18-13 09:41 PM
    Actually, the screen feel is my single biggest complaint with the Z10. The screen is beautiful to look at, but definitely not touch. It feels less "Smooth" than my Nexus 4. I'm willing to make that compromise for the beautiful screen that the Z10 has, but I shouldn't have to. BlackBerry should've done a better job in this regard.
    Not sure about Nexus 4, but I feel the screen responsiveness better than my iPad.
    blackburberry likes this.
    03-18-13 09:42 PM
    Not sure about Nexus 4, but I feel the screen responsiveness better than my iPad.
    Oh no, the Z10 screen is *much* more responsive than the Nexus 4. Actually, the Nexus 4 has one of the least responsive touchscreens on the market (go look at XDA).

I was talking about the "feel." The Z10 screen doesn't feel as good to my fingers.

For example, turn off the screen and just slide your finger across. It doesn't feel as nice as my Nexus 4 did. It feels more "coarse."
    03-18-13 09:47 PM
    It tastes good to. Try it.
    Already have

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-18-13 09:50 PM
    Oil?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-18-13 11:31 PM
    I installed a screen protector that came with the Incipio case. It's probably not considered a high quality one , but it sure feels super smooth. Absolutely no difference in screen sensitivity.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 11:39 PM
    This thread sounds like a Trojan commercial. Lol. Protection vs. Sensitivity

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 11:45 PM
    Oh no, the Z10 screen is *much* more responsive than the Nexus 4. Actually, the Nexus 4 has one of the least responsive touchscreens on the market (go look at XDA).

I was talking about the "feel." The Z10 screen doesn't feel as good to my fingers.

For example, turn off the screen and just slide your finger across. It doesn't feel as nice as my Nexus 4 did. It feels more "coarse."
    I initially have the same feeling, but after some use and occasional wipes with microfiber cloth, it is now baby bottom smooth.
    Maybe it just needed a good 'seasoning' of finger grease.
    03-18-13 11:59 PM
    This thread sounds like a Trojan commercial. Lol. Protection vs. Sensitivity

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    03-19-13 12:00 AM
    Soft and yet doesn't crack easily!
    03-19-13 12:34 AM
    If you're referring to the oleophobic coating... i don't think this is the case (as far as i know)... i know the iPhones normally come wit that...
    03-19-13 02:56 AM
    Already have

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Mine taste like turkey... how's yours?
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-19-13 03:01 AM
    Mine tastes like a big Mac :3

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    03-19-13 04:29 PM
    Mine taste like turkey... how's yours?
    What happen to taste like blackberries?
    03-19-13 04:55 PM

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    I did the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:04 PM
    I'd say my screen was as smooth as...glass. I don't know how you could feel any roughness there unless you have super sensitive fingers or a defective screen. As for sensitivity, it's almost too sensitive as I find myself accidentally open new pages too easily (. but I will adapt)

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 08:33 PM
    I have to say that the screen is my biggest complaint too. Let me rephrase that - the glass is my biggest complaint.
    It's a grease magnet and also no matter how hard I try to wipe prints away it just smears more. Also i find odd smudges underneath glass.
    I passed the 15 day warranty with Rogers so they want to exchange for a refurbished unit which bothers me since the refurbished device may just have the same issue. Also I'd expect a better warranty than just 15 days - especially since I bought mine out right.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 08:43 PM
    I have to say that the screen is my biggest complaint too. Let me rephrase that - the glass is my biggest complaint.
    It's a grease magnet and also no matter how hard I try to wipe prints away it just smears more. Also i find odd smudges underneath glass.
    I passed the 15 day warranty with Rogers so they want to exchange for a refurbished unit which bothers me since the refurbished device may just have the same issue. Also I'd expect a better warranty than just 15 days - especially since I bought mine out right.

Posted via CB10
    You need a micro fibre cloth to clean the screen. I use my cloth that came with my PlayBook. Makes the screen like silky smooth and smudge free again. Not sure why BlackBerry never included a micro fibre cloth with the Z10. Got one with my old Torch 9800 & PlayBook.

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Z10
    03-19-13 08:53 PM
    Defective means defective. A micro fibre cloth doesn't rid smudges behind the glass.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 12:30 PM