So I used to have a Google Android phone and anytime I would add a number it would automatically add the numbers to my Gmail account. I have my Gmail account synced with my phone but now with new contacts on my Z10 it adds it to my Z10 sim card and then creates a duplicate with my Gmail. How do I add it to my Gmail only? I find it annoying I have to keep deleting duplicates.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:45 PM
    So I used to have a Google Android phone and anytime I would add a number it would automatically add the numbers to my Gmail account. I have my Gmail account synced with my phone but now with new contacts on my Z10 it adds it to my Z10 sim card and then creates a duplicate with my Gmail. How do I add it to my Gmail only? I find it annoying I have to keep deleting duplicates.
    Posted via CB10
    NOTE: Adding a New Contact does not create duplicates for me. It creates 1 New Contact with 2 Links (Local + SIM)...... but, I only see 1 contact.

First ....... there is a known issue with gmail sync'ing. You can simply search this forum for "gmail" and find a long list of threads where people have reported issues. Blackberry has also made a release indicating they are aware of the issue(s) and it should be resolved in an upcoming OS update. I'm not sure if that update will resolve your issue or not.

The best solution for your problem at present, in my opinion, is to add contacts directly to your google or gmail account online (NOT on your Z10).

NEW CONTACTS:
    All of my contacts are saved on the device/Local. Each time I add a New Contact they are apparently saved in 2 places and there are 2 "Links" created:
    1-- Local
    2-- SIM

If you have your contacts sync'd with an email address... you will have it saved and/or sync'd in 3 places:
    1-- Local
    2-- SIM
    3-- Email 1

If you sync 2 different contact lists from 2 different email accounts, when you create a New Contact it will be saved and/or sync'd in 4 places:
    1-- Local
    2-- SIM
    3-- Email 1
    4-- Email 2

I have found no way to change his because there is no way to set a default contact account (like you can for default calendar and email).

I was hoping this would change with the 10.1 update but early indications are not good.

WORK AROUND OPTION 1:
    Enter your New Contacts for sync'd account online through the web interface for the email account ...... NOT on your Z10.

WORK AROUND OPTION 2:
    -Enter your New Contact on Z10 and save
    -open the New Contact and click "Links" at the bottom
    -click "Unlink" on all the accounts you do not want and click Save
    You will now have a duplicate contact .... 1 with the Link(s) that you want and 1 with the Link(s) that you don't want.
    --Open the 2 contacts and click "Links" near the bottom of the screen to deterimine which contact has the Link(s) you want to kept
    --Now delete the contact with the "Links" that you don't want to keep

WORK AROUND OPTION 3:
    Don't worrry about it for now. One day you can disconnect/remove your sync'd email contact account ....... and delete the SIM contacts and LOCAL contacts. Then you can reconnect your sync'd account and life should be good.
    04-25-13 03:43 PM